The Official 2021 Korean NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by wetcrispy, Mar 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    no it wont

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  2. mk27

mk27 Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I got my new generation korea jersey.

Attached Files:

3. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nice. How's the sizing on this version?

4. mk27

mk27 Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Ill let you know when i get it, my
    Body shape is pretty different to a lot of ppl ive got big arms and shoulders, the nike chelsea 2XL jersey i won a few years back fit me well. I assume all the nike jerseys are the same

5. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    so olympics is over, but one takeaway we can have is LDG being a stud. problem is, both LDG and LKI are basically the same - both small and both play that center attacking mid. At this point, I think LDG is better, to me he's got a better intuition for the game and mobility. I like how he pops up around the field and makes an impact. LKI, meanwhile, is obviously special technically but not (imo) in IQ. He prefers to be force-fed the ball like in U20 WC where he can dictate things but it kinda limits his teammates and he doesn't always make crisp correct decisions. So, I think Bento has got to make LDG a centerpiece in the team, even prioritizing him over the likes of LKI and LJS.

also, we saw how HUJ is utter ass in these tournaments - he's just so limited technically you're never scared that he's going to score if it's even just a tiny bit tough. Unfortunately, HUJ is the only Korean striker that's playing in Europe right now so it looks like we may be stuck with him.

goalkeeper, defense - tale as old as time, they are not good. no, i don't think KMJ "Beijing permanent resident" is fixing anything. WDJ ain't really impressing this olympics either.

Steven511 repped this.
  6. beejayblanco

beejayblanco Member

Mar 11, 2021
    Jokes on you Nam Tae Hee is gonna start ahead of both of em

7. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I think a strong defensive midfielder would help the most.

8. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I would take LDJ over LDG.

9. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::giggle:
    Actually I agree that LDJ has tons of potential. Real pace and good technique. He needs to move to Europe and play under a good manager tho, bundesliga or HHC’s route would be ideal.

I’m worried that our youth phenoms end up busting since they all stop growing at 5’8” and become physically outclassed eg LSW (who we used to think was fast) and LKI. Thus I’ve been Pace-and-Power Pilled - I only rate players who are 6 ft+ or supremely athletic. Everyone else is a bust unless proven otherwise. I think using this heuristic could save us fans lots of heartache and disappointment.

Using this heuristic our promising u25 players are

6 ft+:
    Oh Sehun
    Cheong Seonghoon
    Jeon Sejin
    Cho Guesung

Won Dujae
    Kim Donghyun
    Han Chanhee
    Kim Jungmin
    Park Hanbin
    Maeng Seongung

Pacey:
    Lee Dongjun
    Hwang Heechan

Build KNT around SHM, KMJ (who I never rated but Fenerbache does so *shrug* ), some veterans like KYG and JWY, players from the list above, and then round out the roster with whichever 5’8” midfielders are performing in their clubs.

10. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Ange Postecoglou is building a side that is very short. And this is in Scotland. Depending on how that project goes, maybe focusing on height isn't going to be necessary. Other than for centre backs.

11. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah my post was kind of in jest, obviously some of the best teams have had short and non-physical players.

But I do think the heuristic will be useful for tempering expectations around the next new youth phenoms. If he ain’t 6 ft or fast as a cheetah I’m not watching the youtube mixtape

12. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I want our central midfield to be something like LJS-HIB-LDG
    It looks like a very technically gifted midfield (but maybe too offensive). But i guess JWY has a granted spot because he's basically the only one who can defends a little and his passing play can be good sometimes. As it stands, I'm not a fan at all of WDJ.
    LDJ could be a good back up option as a winger (same applies for NSH, same type of player : very lively, good ball control, pacy...). Up front SHM, HUJ (who had had a terrible olympics imo) and HHC are untouchable (provided that HHC gets playing time).

Bom23 repped this.
  13. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #88 Bom23, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Yup I think JWY is a lock even if he is average and the unsexy choice. HUJ could very well be our best option but I just hate watching him play - also, SHM has a terrible goalscoring record while playing with HUJ from the top of my head. Although I’m not sure if that’s Hwang, Son, or Bento’s fault.
    I am hoping for a miracle that a young player will step up (looking at Oh Sehun) but it seems a bit bleak considering he couldn’t even make the Olympic team.
    Agreed that HHC is untouchable even though his technique is ass, at least he has elite pace and has learned to play under world class managers. But he is such a flawed player in the wrong system and I don’t know if Bento or the other available personnel can hide his flaws.

I would hope to see something like
    SHM - OSH - HHC/LDJ
    LDG/LKI/LJS/PSH/HIB - JWY - Physical CM
    LB - KYG - KMJ - KMH
    GK

Alternatively you could use HHC/LDJ as a sub and play an extra midfielder instead.

Overall the next world cup looks like it will be another failure due to lack of talent. Son will cry and LSW will watch from his couch wondering where things went so wrong.

jessypjs repped this.
  14. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Well, Celtic's captain is neither. Hard-working, and good on the ball. Terrific shot. That being said, Korea needs a monster DMF.

15. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    In my opinion, it was clearly Kim Hak Bum's fault (not to have called up OSH). He could have been very useful for the olympic team, he's clearly an aerial threat for the defenders. Besides, he scored a beautiful goal with Ulsan lately with a nice ball control from a long ball. Imo, he can be a good option up front, same applies for Jeong Sang Bin (even though Suwon Bluewings is not that good currently).
    Regarding HHC, I think he can be very good when he's properly used (imo, in a high tempo, direct play, not in a possession based strategy). With LDJ, our wings can be electrical, especially that they have both a good work rate, much energy and put intensity in their pressing.

16. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has anyone watched HIB at Rubin Kazan? He improved a lot. I'm curious to see his progress on NT. Also, KMJ impressed at his debut in fernebahce.

17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Must dominate tomorrow

18. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looking foward to this young squad esp HIB's progress. He looks different now based on his current form in his club.

nmssis repped this.
  19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    been consistently watching his HL since he got there and this guy from day 1 was the worm.

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Just copped the 2020 away kit.:rolleyes:

Looks fking dope!

[​IMG]

21. beejayblanco

beejayblanco Member

Mar 11, 2021
    lee jae sung this guy sucks balls.

22. Tiger12

Tiger12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    where to watch please?

23. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What a boring half. No creativity at all. That LJS miss was our great chance.

24. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    these guys are jokes

25. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    KNT is so bad...