The Official 2020 San Jose Earthquakes related Blogs/Press thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by TyffaneeSue, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn’t compare this with the old schedule, but should I delete all the regular season games I input into my calendar in Feb? This is a whole different schedule? I’m too lazy to check...

2. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

mjlee22 repped this.
  3. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you for confirming!

4. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Dear TS,

We hope that you are safe and well. We are writing today as you have requested a refund on your 2020 season tickets. Thank you for your patience while we worked to reimburse you.

You will receive a $xxx refund for your 2020 season tickets on your credit card. You will receive your refund in 7-10 business days after August 14.

We know this is a difficult time. We would love to spend 2021 with you, celebrating more dramatic wins and good times together. You can still save your seats for next season by maintaining 25% of your account balance with us, which will be applied as credit to 2021 season tickets. The seat drop deadline is Wednesday, September 2. Make sure you let us know by then if you are interested in this option in order to save your seats for next year.

We hope you enjoyed watching our matches in the MLS Is Back Tournament, and that it will be safe for us all to come together for a match at Earthquakes Stadium soon. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
    The Quakes

5. tvromero

tvromero Member

Jun 2, 2018
    I pre-purchased a parking pass and it looks like it was not included in my amount to be refunded. I am checking with Rep but have not heard back as of yet.

6. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well, you can still park in the lot and watch on your phone! :D

markmcf8 repped this.
  7. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The amount in the letter doesn't match the credit card charges and doesn't match the Ticketmaster account (it would be nice if they gave us access to wherever they keep the actual information because Ticketmaster is not it...we should be able to see charges and payments!)

I emailed my rep but she's out of the office. My guess is that the parking pass was not included, but it would still be good to see the origin of the numbers. And I am planning on reserving 2021 seats because I guess I'd like to think that in seven months we'll be able to attend games, even though I should know better.

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Ticket refund, next day: my rep wants me to call so she can read me the amounts over the phone. This is so strange in so many ways, but ensures I have no written record of what they think I paid and what they think the refund should be!

bsman and markmcf8 repped this.
  10. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The "Invoices" tab in your Account Manager should show what you paid for 2020 season tickets. I have no clue about parking charges because I don't buy parking.

11. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Ticket refund, next day: my rep wants me to call so she can read me the amounts over the phone. This is so strange in so many ways, but ensures I have no written record of what they think I paid and what they
    Yep, it should. It doesn't. It's about $1500 less than what they say is the refund, which is less than what we actually paid.

12. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @TyffaneeSue, you ought to have a record of what you paid them in your checking account somewhere. Pretty crappy of them to offer a refund, but then not give you a full refund, nor accounting of what you paid.

Fisher OUT!!!

13. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Oh, I have all the credit card records. I'm not disputing their amounts --I don't know how much they charged us for the one game we attended -- I just want to know where they came up with the numbers.

markmcf8 repped this.
  14. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    [​IMG]

TyffaneeSue and markmcf8 repped this.
  15. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was a little miffed that the quakes ticketmaster account doesn't show any past invoices other than the 2020 season. I thought the site used to at least show the prior year, but I could be wrong. And it had no record of the parking pass package. It also erased any record of the one game and parking pass I used (actually, I gave them away, so I never made it to the former Avaya in 2020).

The current invoice only shows that we were invoiced for the 2020 season for 2 seats @ $90 each for 18 games. The problem is, when we sold tickets last season, hubby chose to credit to 2020 rather than get an immediate reimbursement. And now, I don't know what the total credit was, cuz Quakes erased it. Hah, i don't even remember what the parking package cost. I haven't asked hubby to check his credit card account yet tho...

We also decided to apply 25% of our credit to the 2021 season.

16. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot to add, applying the credit was the only way to assure we would still have the same seats post-pandemic.

Rep also told me that since we are getting the refund, if fans are allowed back in the stadium this season, we will have to buy new seats that will be social-distanced. I didn't ask what happens to STHs who didn't request the refund, as I assume their seats will change if fan attendance were resumed. Or maybe every STH is getting the refund?

17. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thank you again, and I am still holding your MA bobblehead! :)

18. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha yeah, i completely forgot about that bobblehead. Do you ever leave your house? Maybe we should meetup somewhere, altho I don't travel more than 20 minutes from my house anymore... :(

bsman repped this.
  19. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Every once in a while. Actually, we were up in the Menlo/Palo Alto area yesterday (had to make our pilgrimage to Penzey's and Cook's Seafood.) I think that's the farthest I've been from Santa Clara since this whole deal went down...

20. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next time you are up this way let me know. Almeyda’s bobblehead might cheer me up

bsman repped this.
  21. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    He does look very dapper in his suit, sporting his old tonsure! :D

mjlee22 repped this.
  22. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My rep just told me that our STH ticket prices of $90 per seat included parking. Is that true?

23. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We were charged $660 for parking a week before the first game. We got credit for $594. So parking for that one game was $66? Seems excessive. I just went over the numbers again, and nothing adds up. I can guess what the mistake was, and it favors them by a few hundred dollars, but I don't think they hire accounting majors as reps!

mjlee22 repped this.
  24. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't there two home games???

markmcf8 repped this.
  25. tvromero

tvromero Member

Jun 2, 2018
    I know exactly what I paid in 2020 including parking and the amount given to me from the Quakes was greater than what I paid in total, taking into account the two games I did attend. I talked to the Rep and on Friday and he came to the same number I did and not sure why I was getting back more. Another indication of a crack team over at Earthquakes Stadium.

markmcf8 and mjlee22 repped this.