The Official 2020 Korean NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Bluewings21, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018

Excited to see how Won Du Jae plays. Hope he impresses Bento.

Lionel Richie, nmssis and coated repped this.
  2. coated

coated Member

Jan 2, 2019
    @k_c_n_y_t Seriously though. I want to see someone be able to challenge for DM from Jung Woo Yung and not just let it be handed to him. DM and FBs need some more competition for sure.

3. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Agreed. Don’t wanna see an age 32 Jung Woo Young play in the WC. Guy’s pretty slow already, with a lot of good young players waiting in the wings, it’s time to embrace the youth and it should start with positions that need to be prioritized such as CDM and the FB positions

coated repped this.
  4. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it feels like years since i last watched a KNT A-match and the needs for a defensive CM and fullbacks seem evergreen

k_c_n_y_t, coated and nmssis repped this.
  5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    this is gonna be great

6. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    fullbacks i agree, but i'm just happy not to see lee yong in there

let's hope def cm is won dujae

& lee jung-hyeop still lmao

7. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Quite surprising Lee Yong is not there considering he was still the number 1 right back last year. Concerning Lee Jeong Hyeop, even if I don't rate him much I honestly don't see who else Bento should have picked. The best strikers in the league are mainly foreigners or under 23. The others are PCY which is 35 and LDG, 40 yo.

8. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    So.... when is Ceshina gonna become a Korean citizen lol

koreire repped this.
  9. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    When I feel desperate, this is my dose.

I forgot to add that this is for all youse JWY fans.

10. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    our FIFA ranking will suffer because during the next two A matches we gonna do back to back bento v kim hak bum instead of internationals. what's the logic of this?

11. koreire

koreire Member

May 21, 2018
    Lol nobody gives too much thought about fifa rankings I'm sure

nmssis repped this.
  12. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Korean John still writing articles for AP...
    https://www.middletownpress.com/sports/article/Asian-nations-ready-to-ease-back-into-15629893.php

"Tottenham star Son Heung-min isn't required for the South Korean national team's return from a COVID-19 enforced hiatus, so he can focus on the Premier League.

It'll be full domestic-based squads when South Korea and the South Korean under-23 teams meet Friday in the first of two games in Goyang, north of Seoul, in their return to action following the lockdown.

Japan is approaching its return in contrasting fashion, using only foreign-based players in its squad for international friendlies in the Netherlands against Cameroon and Ivory Coast. Because of travel restrictions and quarantine regulations, it would have taken players out of the J-League for too long if they'd been forced to assemble in Europe.

Had coronavirus not shuttered the world of sport in March, Asia would now be in the final stages of qualification for the 2022 World Cup. Instead, qualifying has been pushed back to 2021 and continental heavyweights are having to think outside the box to prepare for a full return to international competition..."

jessypjs, wetcrispy and nmssis repped this.
  13. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Not sure what's gonna happen if this pandemic situation isnt any better in 2021..

14. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    wow, Hakbum FC scores a beauty by Song MinGyu...lovely take

jessypjs and coated repped this.
  15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  16. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We can't call up all KNT materials playing professionally outside Korea due to 2-week quarantine period. The same goes to whoever we will invite to Korea to play. If we were to bring domestic players to play friendlies oversea, then K-League clubs will suffer.

KFA had no choice.

coated repped this.
  17. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The qualification tournament will be hosted in a third party country if that's the case. That's what and how AFC is handling 2020 AFC Champions League.

18. TreySongz

TreySongz Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Detroit
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven

19. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    The senior team def did this in the friendly esp second game. But not sure if Korean players have incisiveness to pull off in offense. They just make obvious passes and move into space and not much to show for it.

20. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    What was the result of the second match? Any highlights?

21. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    here you go :D

12th Player repped this.
  22. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    3-0 for the senior team

12th Player repped this.
  23. coated

coated Member

Jan 2, 2019

Korea plays Mexico in Austria on Nov. 14. They're also in talks to play against Qatar as well.

Bluewings21 repped this.
  24. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Being that the next international break is gonna be set in Austria curious to see the 23 players Bento is gonna select. K League will be done by then and Asian Champions League will be held in the ME, where teams like Ulsan, Jeonbuk, and FC Seoul are in contention of going through the knockout rounds. I think player selection will look like this:

GK-CHW, GSY, SBK
    FB-KJS, KTH, HC, KMH
    CB-KMJ, WDJ, JSH, n/a
    MF-JSJ, JWY, PSH, LKI, SHM, LJS, HIB, LDG, KCH, NTH,
    ST-HUJ, HHC
    Potential Call Ups: JWY(Freiburg), LSW, NSH

Because KSG needs to self-quarantine when he returns to Japan I think CHW gets more playing time as #1. SBK might get another call up cause he’s a lot closer to Austria compared to the rest of the GK in Korea. KMJ might be called up cause I don’t think China has self quarantine after return like Japan does. Honestly CB might be the biggest question mark during this international break. JWY and LSW are getting playing time in their respective clubs in Europe and maybe Bento will select them cause of traveling convenience, but I think Bento still considers NTH and LDG from Ulsan a bit more as well as NSH

Bluewings21, chook90 and nmssis repped this.
  25. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We won't be able to play any friendly against any UEFA-affiliated sides until about 1-3 months prior to the World Cup. Mexico, a team argurably better than mid-tier UEFA sides, and Qatar, the reigning Asian Champion who are riding on two-game winning streak over us, shouldn't be considered as disappointment.

coated repped this.