The Official 2017 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I like our matchup against Sweden way more than Mejico, but as a lot of us believe, we can be very competitive against both sides.

Let's see what our real manager, Grande, comes up with. (STY is a puppet)

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    What we need to hope is that Grande gets familiar with our playing pools, hopefully he's been scouting because STY can't select players for shit.

chook90, TaegukRedDevil and toohyper repped this.
  3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm most certain that manager Grande already has some players in mind that he wants to use and fit into the team's tactics like Ko Yo-han, the problem however is Shin Tae-yong, because like Stielike, he only has his few select favorite domestic teams that he watches.

With the winter training camp beginning in January, this needs to change otherwise it will be a serious problem for us heading into the Russia, and I've said the very same during Hong's tenure as well. Proper players need to be selected and tested out soon enough instead of constantly calling up rejects that have no business with the national team.

By the way, why the fcuk is Grande and Minano's visa taking so long to process? It's already frustrating to see clueless Shin Tae-yong alone on the side lines.

4. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not sure if visa thing is still processing, but I've heard that Grande wanted to sit in the stands for these matches to see the full picture and give his input at halftime and also because he had 감기몸살. Either way, it's time for him and Minano to get on the bench.

jessypjs and chook90 repped this.
  5. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    For those curious, Cardona was banned 5 games, though these are only friendlies. He'll still be at the World Cup.

jessypjs repped this.
  6. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    So he has visa issues yet is in the country and can't be deemed 'the manager'?

Makes sense.

There's got to be more this situation. I've never heard of anything like this.

7. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    A complete travesty. Where is the media outrage?

Kanuck repped this.
  8. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We're Asian. No one gives a shit about us.

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I heard we might face Poland next March.
    Also for the January camp there are some players I have in mind. Basically all these players:
    Han Chanhee will be a problem because he's with the u23 teams sigh.

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Man back then we had Lee Youngpyo and Cha Duri. Both of them were speedsters. We're really missing players like them.

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2436 Seol Korea, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    So far this is the list of players imo that are going to be a lock on for the WC in Russia:

GK:
    Cho Hyun-woo

DF:
    Choi Chul-soon
    Ko Yo-han
    Kwon Kyung-won
    Kim Min-jae
    Kim Jin-su
    Kim Min-woo

MF:
    Lee Myung-joo
    Ki Sung-yong
    Lee Jae-sung
    Kwon Chang-hoon
    Yeom Ki-hun
    Lee Keun-ho
    Son Heung-min
    Koo Ja-cheol

FW:
    Hwang Hee-chan
    Suk Hyun-jun
    Kim Shin-wook

Players I want to see tested out for next year's winter training camp:
    Kim Min-hyeok, Lee Yong, Hong Chul, Shin Hyung-min, Lee Chan-dong, Lee Seung-gi, Ahn Hyun-bum, Son Jun-ho, Yang Dong-hyun, Lee Jong-ho, Kim Seung-dae.

Youngsters I want to see for March friendlies:
    Baek Seung-ho, Lee Seung-woo, Hwang Mun-ki. Again, if the likes of Baek Seung-ho and Lee Seung-woo aren't called up in March, then the two won't be integrated with the Senior Team for the WC ahead, and it's looking very likely to be the case.

Time is running out for Ji Dong-won.

12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hwang Munki? Lol no he's a nobody.
    I'll like to see Han Chanhee he deserves a spot. Maybe Juan depending on how he plays in the beginning of the season.

13. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    what do you think about Yun Il Lok?

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Everyone starts off as a nobody, but so far he's been playing well and showcasing his skills. Han Chan-hee on the other hand might be integrated with the Senior Team after the 2018 FIFA World Cup imo.

15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's a good player but he's one of those players that's not really WC material. Backup/B-team player at best.

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Are we thinking about the same player? Hwang Munki is a player that is barely getting any minutes in the Portuguese 2nd division. I doubt you saw him play. Are you talking about Hwang Inbeom? Han Chanhee has shown a lot in the K-league classic more than Hwang Inbeom, he's been a regular for Jeonnam for 2 seasons and he's a year younger as well. He deserves to be tested out.

17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2442 Seol Korea, Dec 17, 2017
    Yeah, we're talking about Hwang Mun-ki who plays for Academica, and he's had 12 appearances for this season. I only caught 4 games this year but from what I saw, he has technical skills.

18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    uhh..ok. I feel like the league is pretty low.

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I almost agree. Minus Lee Myung Joo and Kim Shin Wook. LMJ will be in the military team and maybe out of form in June. We need to see. We can also replace him with Lee Chang Min imo. Similar player but younger.
    Wookie is still a no go. He's shown nothing until yesterday. One good game doesn't make him that good. If he gets nominated, chances of Suk will drop down. Suk has been always not a KFA favorite for whatever reasons. They will say "we already have a physical FW". For me, LKH, HHC and SHJ are the locked forwards and SHM is the obvious fourth.
    There's also a question mark behind Koo. He's regressed totally. But I guess he is still useful amas a versatile MF and a good leader.
    Also bear in mind we might have PJH back if he manages to get fit just in time. At the same time if Kim Min Woo goes to military, his form might drop as well. I hope not.

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LigaPro has a reasonable number of fans in attendance but isn't as big as Primeira Liga.

21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I forgot about Lee Myung-joo's military service, although I don't think his form will drastically drop playing for Sangju Sangmu. Also, I only see Kim Shin-wook as a substitute/backup player preferably against Germany, and this won't necessarily hinder Suk Hyun-jun's chances unless Suk gets injured imo.

Koo on the other hand is still needed and his form thus far have been manageable, unlike Ji Dong-won who is in a rather questionable situation. Park Joo-ho like Ji needs to get things sorted out quick since there's not a lot of time left, if he can get fit before the WC, then he and Kim Jin-su will likely be the two LBs.

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    a big no for Kim Shinwook. Seriously there's nothing KSW can provide for the team that Suk can't do. Scoring headers check, winning aerial duel check, physicality check. Also Suk has good pace for a tall player with decent technical skills. Also Kim Shinwook has zero jumps, Suk can jump. Suk is a better scorer too. There's no reason for Kim Shinwook to be picked if we have Suk Hyunjun, KSW=a immobile tree, he's useless. Don't get fooled what you saw today against inexperienced small Japanese defenders.

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Both of the tall players will go to Russia imo.

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #2449 aeh1991, Dec 17, 2017
    I'd rather take 3 LBs in KJS (pure, starting LB), KMW (LM, LWB, LB backup) and PJH (DM, LB backup).
    Of course only if PJH gets fit in time.

I'll stand to my point tho about KSW. If we need a physically strong FW against Germany, I'd take SHJ. Japan was weak against him because they have physically weak CBs. KSW will have no chances to Germany's tall CBs. Maybe for aerial defending, but a FW duo of SHJ/KSW also makes no sense. I'd rather use fast FWs like HHC or LKH against them because their defenders tend to be slow (at least Hummels & Süle. Boateng & Rüdiger are fast tho.)

killaorca repped this.
  25. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #2450 gunitinug, Dec 17, 2017
    KSW is a must. He creates goal a lot with heading passes.
    He sets up goal a lot with his height.