The Official 2015 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    all goals from asian cup 2015

sogyeokdong and +PL+ repped this.
  2. sogyeokdong

sogyeokdong Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What a great run that was. So many ups and downs in that last game watching it around 4 am with my dad :D

3. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Didn't meet Japan or Iran and still can't win shit

seolseol repped this.
  4. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...to-expand-to-40-teams-from-2026-a6758511.html

Read the report of World Cup expending to 40 teams in 2026 are in discussion. Here some points

8 extra teams means the total of 96 matches

8 group of 5 teams(instead of 4). And top two teams goes to round of 16.

8 extra tickets probably means 1.5 perhaps 2 full tickets for Asia. Meaning Uzi, or even China(well maybe not China) will make it to the World Cup. Considering the crap that is Asia, I don't think we can ask for two full tickets. 1.5 addition, total of 6 full tickets for Asia is likely.

edlee1992 and seolseol repped this.
  5. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

6. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

I feel 32 is a perfect number for the World Cup. World Cup is the event for us Koreans for longest time and I feel very fortunate to see our team in the tourney. But for teams are in the fringe, perhaps this expansion is the only way they get in the mix. When World Cup time rolls around, I personally watch and follow EVERY game. And I mean every game. That's three games a day. Now there's going to be four, even five games a day. That's a lot of football.

Five teams in one group. What does that mean for us? We're going to play against two European teams, one African team and one South American team. And finish the group top two? That's asking a lot for Asian nation like us who need all the help we can get to knock out stage. I'm all for playing the fourth game but not in this fashion.

Six full tickets means we'll never miss the World Cup. But playing beyond the group stage? That'll be difficult. But i feel this expansion will go through because there are lot more money in the play with eight additional team in the tourney.

chook90 repped this.
  7. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they increase the number of WC teams to 40 from WC 2026, I think Asia and Oceania should be only one continent for world cup qualifiers.

8. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm writing a thesis on North Korea, and it just occurred to me, how would a unified Korean soccer team look like? Honestly, I can't say that I would see anyone else outside of maybe Jong Tae-Se.

9. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

imagine the NK uproar if only JTS got the selection for the unified KNT

10. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nourished Norks = more prospects

Not to mention, the medals we will rack up in the Olympics.

11. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

#1811 hanul21, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    ^that and I doubt we'll need any other Norks in our Starting XI (other than JTS). Maybe for our KWNT's side we'll see a balanced lineup

further down our youth ranks, I can see a mix of Norks being needed since Norks tend to excel at that level, especially at the u-17/u-20s levels

12. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If somehow North and South unifies there will be more players coming from families in the North compared to South, because football players usually come from poor background. One day in near future you should embrace them with open arms when dear leader is gone.

13. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    The poor Norks that aren't part of the elites are undernourished and too short. They won't be of any help even after unification for at least a couple of generations.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That said I think the physical component is a low hurdle. Koreans got so much taller every ten years.

15. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Malnourishment has a direct effect on height and muscularity, but still it can not suppress the creativity and potential skills. Maradona and many more football players with small stature came from very poor background but they turned to the best football players. Messi is another example.

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The only time you'd ever see a Unified Korea NT (1991 FIFA U-20 World Cup):
    [​IMG]

17. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Goalkeeper looks 30!

18. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    For the first few generations following unification, we're more likely to see an influx in the pool of boxers from the Nork poor than footballers. Club investment in the youth system will continue to be disproportionately spent in the richer southern clubs.

19. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you will get a few gems from the communist style strategy of cultivating athletes for propaganda purposes. i think at every level the norks could provide 2 or 3 good players. Jong Il-Gwan and Park Kwang-Ryong for example.

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I specifically said physically.

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Take even a malnourished kid of eight and feed em and train em well and you have little impairment by the time theyre eighteen ten years later. The turnaround could be pretty fast.

+PL+ repped this.
  22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We've gone down three places at rank 51, gunitinug gone be sad :ROFLMAO:

sac517 repped this.
  23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    heyheyhe11 and nmssis repped this.
  24. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    You really can't fault people when they try their best/hardest and it shows. I can understand about half of that, so looking forward to the translation.

25. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I dont know about Park KR but Jong Il-Gwan would definitely be a fringe player on the NT if he was South Korean. Dude has bags of potential but obviously limited being a Nork.