The Official 2012 Pre and Regular Season News, Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by glyconerd, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome home Bobby

2. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Very good for us. Now contract negotiations begin. Bobby and Montreal coldn't come to an agreement on contract earlier this year. Jeez, the guy was maing 42k in 2011 at San Jose while Hernandez was making 150k.

Give Bobby a raise, man.

Damn, Gordon was dropped cold blooded and we gave up an international spot for 2013.

3. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So What else is new we always give up a DP slot instead of giving up a draft pick. Makes me wonder why sometimes.:thumbsdown:

4. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Heck yeah we gave up an international spot for 2013 for Bobby. A lot of exciting news in MLS right now. Nesta to impact, frank lampard to galaxy, bobby burling to chivas USA . I love this team. And good showing at home against the caps. This year keeps getting better and better

sikolec, glyconerd and EastLAChiva repped this.
  5. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    seems we trade DP slots, allocation money, and international spots every chance we get
    that's what i call "doing whatever it takes to win".

6. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    lmao.

7. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Sorry guys. I just want to see this team grow some and defend our home field. Tired of us being so.... What's the word I'm looking for?

8. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ......... PATHETIC ?

9. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  10. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to his agent and a Revolution beat writer, Chivas acquires Shalrie Joseph-M from New England for Blair Gavin - M, 2013 2nd round pick and allocation $.

Kyle McCarthy@kylejmccarthy
    New England has traded Shalrie Joseph to Chivas USA for Blair Gavin, a 2013 second-round pick and allocation money. #Revs

Ron Waxman@RonWaxman
    .@cdchivasusa acquires DP @ShalrieJoseph21 from @NERevolution. Great pick up for the Goats. Best of luck to the superstar on the west coast.

11. sikolec

sikolec Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, if this is true...I'm not even sure what to think. Glad to see the front office still trying to improve this team. But trading a young promising 23-year-old Blair Gavin for a experienced 34-year-old Shalrie Joseph...

P.S. Looks official: http://www.cdchivasusa.com/news/2012/08/chivas-usa-acquires-shalrie-joseph

12. sikolec

sikolec Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
  14. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
  17. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i think it is the best thing that can happend to the club

18. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jose Luis Real is quoted in this article about scouting in the US for Guadalajara and possible player exchange with Guadalajara. The tittle speaks for it self. "José Luis 'Güero' Real will look for talent in US for Chivas"
    Another reason why fans who only support Chivas USA should be worried about the teams future.
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...-guero-real-buscara-talento-en-eu-para-chivas

Another reason why MLS needs USSDA youth contracts.

Gameface and EastLAChiva repped this.
  19. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Sounds like they've changed their tune down in Guadalajara. Anyone remember Padillagate?

20. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IF GUERO'S PLAN WORKS, CHIVAS USA WILL OFFICIALLY BE CHIVAS JUNIORS.

Make no Mistake, if the Academy players aren't Mexican, we will not look at them. They will "flock" to the Galaxy.

21. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    i read the same article in univision.com. El guero said that he was supriesed that we didn't have one mexican on the team and only had 2 mexican americans (who don't even start), when there is so much talent in the southwest united states that are mexican ameican. He mad it clear that he is only here to assess because he si really involved with the youth development. He will not be chivas usa's coach.
    I agree with hiscomments. Galaxy have Gonzalez, de la garza,and hector whats his name. They look more liek a team thats capatalizing on the vast hispanic talent in southern califas than we do. we need the farfan brothers, rafael baca from san jose, silva from toronto, omar gonzalez and AJ de la garza from galxy, Luis Gil from Real salt lake, omar salgado from vancouver, edgar castillo from Xolos, Francisco torres from Pachucas, joe corona, from xolos, Orozco from san luis...the lsit goes on and on. can you imagine if we had all these carnales on our team?

22. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's here to poach our future talent rather than help it. What a sick/sad joke. If that's the case, does that mean GDL that has moved it's player selection from nationalism to ethnocentricm/racism?

23. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If thats the case lets all hope they sell to (FLACO) Mr Slim

Gameface repped this.
  24. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i talked to El Guero Real last Sunday
    he will not be our coach next season 99% chance
    he did mention of bringing players from Guadalajara to Chivas USA
    he also mention than t he is evaluating all the players in our first team and will be evaluating the academy I just have a big feeling we will have ( Hector Reynoso ) here in LA
    I do not agree with what ELAC say
    Make no Mistake, if the Academy players aren't Mexican, we will not look at them. They will "flock" to the Galaxy
    I think it is a win …win scenario for everyone TEAM USA and el TRI if we are able to assemble a good institution remember the person that has the last called an which national team they want to play are the players just imagine CHIVAS USA having players in both the USA and EL TRI that would be bad ass ….lots of work to do before this happens

25. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was told by someone VERY credible that we are in for some good changes, including a staduim at the sports arena complex. My source is not part of CDCUSA organization but is in direct business with them and credits all of these changes to Vergara's take over.