The Official 11/6 DC Weather Thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by greenbill, Nov 1, 2004.

1. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    I thought that since this is the biggest DC United match in 5 years that it deserves as much analysis/hype/scrutiny/worrying this week as possible. :)
    So here's the official weather thread...one week early. Post serious weather reports or just have fun and take your shots at the weather man :D

OK, I'll start it off...as of Mon, 11/1 weather.com says: Partly Cloudy, High 54°, 20% chance of precip.

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    weather 'tards, what do they know :) Currently looks good, but rain each day leading up to Sat, so a high chance for those systems to stall and move later in the week. Of course an equal chance of not one drop of rain falling anywhere near DC :)

Intellicast says:
    So it looks like the moon will come up as we continue to celebrate our big win :D

3. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    It will be raining confetti, toilet paper, beer and tears of joy at approximately 9:30 PM.

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we're just gonna have to wait for our good friend from last week (the Weather Lady in NY who is a DCU fan) to correct us all and educate us in the ways of weather guessing.

My best guess:

Cold but warm because RFK will be packed with jumping, chanting, crazy, drunk fans (ok some sober).

And I agree with Bill-DC, lots of confetti, toilet paper and as much flying beer as RFK has ever seen. Let's hope it doesn't rain yellows or reds though... Whoever we get as a ref needs to keep the cards in his pocket.

6. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    Just take it easy on her this time ;) :D

7. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Awwww, I feel the love already......Thank you guys! I'll take a look at the models tonight (after the 7pm balloon deployment), and see what they say. Then, I can update that daily, as they only run the major models every 12 hours.

Oh, and I'm still REALLY trying to get down for the game, but it doesn't look too promising right at the moment, unless I can hook up with someone coming through from NE.

8. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there is a bus that leave from somewhere in NYC that costs like $30 or so RT to DC (drops off at Union Station which has a metro station you can get to RFK from). If I find the link online I will send it to you.

Hopefully you can make it down, so we can talk about wacky weather and witness history in the making!

9. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    When we officially win at 9, I think the "confetti, tp, and tears of joy" will still be raining down at 9:30 :D

Bob said partly cloudy and chilly last night (11) on NBC4.

-dave

10. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The colder the better. If it rains, better still. It'll be a nicer contrast with the sunny LA weather.

11. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Forecast for last Saturday was showers up till like day before heh

12. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's the Official What I'll Be Drinking That Day thread?

As for the forecast: whoopass

13. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    I don't know...you should start it!!!

14. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Naw, i'm a light weight. I'm shaving my head and painting it black (the whole thing this time) for the game. I won't be able to wear a hat so too cold will suck, and rain will make it all run which would also suck!

-dave

15. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    I was thinking the game was at 7:30 when I posted earlier.

16. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Predicting overtime are you?

17. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    buses go from Chinatown in NY to Chinatown here for about 25 or 30 bucks roundtrip. the merchants in those 2 areas use them to transport goods (i think) while also making some money off the people who would be willing to pay a few dollars for the ride. pretty slick idea actually.

18. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Really? Might have to check into this. Thanks for the tip.

19. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Man oh man, wouldn't that be something but like I said earlier, I made a mistake this AM when I posted thinking game time was 7:30. DC will win this in regulation :)

20. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Ok, so just an extra long celebration. Works for me. :)

21. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Dang, stole my line - I guess I could bring a few cans of whoop-ass, too! ;)

22. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Okay, from the mid-range forecasts that I looked at: the models are saying lower to middle 50's and no rain at 7pm on Saturday.

Please remember, the reason weather forecasting is never specific is because there are so few data points going into the computers, and the atmosphere is a completely dynamic system that is changing constantly.

The models are run every 12 hours, and the information comes from the weather balloons that are released simultaneously around the world, and these are only over land masses. The large expanses of ocean go unreported with data.

So, please, be a little kind to the weather people...they really can only do as much as the models tell them.....

Oh, wait, this is a soccer forum, isn't it???? My bad.

GO UNITED!!!!!

23. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Be kind to the refs, be kind to the weather people... next thing you know, you'll be telling us to be kind to those two jacknuts running for president... :D

24. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

HA! You obviously never met this man!
    [​IMG]

He's right on about 99% of the time, hon! :rolleyes:

25. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Model schmodel, just get your tail down here and support DC come rain, snow, sleet, hail, freezing cold, or blistering hot!