Rumor: The Official 08'-09' Off Season News and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by MARCH_, Nov 9, 2008.

1. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technically, they didn't promise anybody.

Im starting to think that the trip to Guadalajara was relly a dog and pony show. Think of all the players' names we heard and who we kept.

Lillingston is 31 y.o. (I think a young 31)
    Scotti 32 y.o. (still unsigned)

This preseason was about as underwhelming as it gets regarding player acquisition.

2. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well during the interliga, one of the anouncers stated that part of the deal included Guadalajara sending other players to Chivas USA but i guess since it was a verbal report it doesent amount to anything. By now we should all know that the front office likes to blow smoke up everyones you know what.

On another note here is an interesting article that I found this morning on Bofo wanting to try his luck outside of the FMF. I know its along shot and if anyone will sign him it will probly be Oscar De La Hoya for his Dynamo. As much as I hate to say it i think he is actually going to put his money where his mouth is. I hope you are reading this Chivas market department. For some reason you only show up when your trying to make yourself look good. :eek:

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia/76818/el-bofo-buscara-ir-al-extranjero-en-verano/

3. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see Bofo playing for Houston. :mad:

There's a greater chance of that happening than Bofo coming to Chivas USA.:rolleyes:

Way to go!!:D

4. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    From a very reliable source:

We looked into bringing Bofo, but unfortunately the Government of Chiapas did not want to release him at the time. We would have done whatever it took to get the DP spot and sign him.

He would be perfect for Chivas USA!:D One can dream!

5. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How long ago was this? His contract is up in a couple of months.

6. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    The last 2 transfer windows. He will be free in the summer, so hopefully that will be some motivation to hound him.

7. elchivamayor

elchivamayor Member

Mar 6, 2008
    NORTH HILLS
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this is are big chance to sign bofo hunter please make it happend no excuses this time:)

El "Bofo", ese jugador diferente, que cambia en cualquier momento el rumbo de los partidos pero que también es criticado por su irregularidad, habló en exclusiva para Medio Tiempo.
    De entrada, el de Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato señala que su contrato con Jaguares está por expirar, que ve muy lejana la posibilidad de renovar, pues llegó el momento de probar suerte fuera de México, ya sea en Europa o en la MLS.
    "No se ha renovado (el contrato) y me quedan dos o tres meses, estoy esperando qué pasará en el futuro, si nos vamos al extranjero o a Estados Unidos. Hay que esperar, si no se renovó en enero es difícil ahora, pero hay que esperar y ver qué propuestas vienen.
    "Hay posibilidades del extranjero, en la MLS, pero mientras quiero concentrarme 100 por ciento en el equipo y luego ver qué pasa", externó.

8. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hunter....the ball is in your court. what are you going to do? are you going to step up to the plate? or are you going to feed us some lame excuse again?

Mabe we should all take signs on opening day that say SIGN BOFO NOW!

Maybe the ultras and the legion can help and get the front office attention.

9. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    What's that thing that Drew Carey is doing with Seattle Sounders that allow the fans to buy into the team and decide on players and coaches etc? It's sorta of like the Barca and Real Madrid thing right? why don't we have that? I would love to have a hand in deciding who we get as players and if our GM or coaches are doing their jobs. What do you guys think?

10. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be great but it would never happen.

11. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, they're called socios. The only voting that the socios will have in Seattle is voting out the GM. Pretty cool, huh?

12. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Where do we sign up?:rolleyes:

13. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's too Spanish of a move for a team with Mexican roots like Chivas USA. Plus the socios meet with Seattle brass four times a year.

It would work for Chivas USA if:

1-Hunter became majority owner
    2-A semi-funny celebrity who is a BIG soccer fan became part owner
    3-A total divorce from AEG (meaning leaving the HDC for a SSS)

14. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not really, Chivas had the same thing before Vergara bought the majority of shares. Atlas is still is run like that.

15. El Assesino

El Assesino New Member

Oct 21, 2006
    UNION Ul7RAS
    CD Guadalajara, Pre-Vergara had socios.

16. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the correction Killer and Futgod, but would that work here in So Cal with Chivas USA.

Could we have Socios here?

17. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    We actually have socios here as well:

Vergara
    Cue
    Hunter
    MLS

No fans though, yet. I will get there some day!:D

18. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot this guy!
    [​IMG]

19. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think it would be a great idea. I would pay to be a socio. This way you get to choose who runs the club and more importantly, fire them if they suck.

20. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
  21. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats the scoop on this guy? is he a diffence maker? Its good to see another hispanic (mexican,honduran,salvadorean,brazilian etc...) signing to give this team its identity. I would rather see them sign younger talent instead of all of these 31yr olds. never the less thumbs up to the fornt office at their attempt. And most of you that have sen my post kow that i am very critical about the front office.

On another note do any of you think we will see Mayen on the pitch this year? from the clips i've seen this pre season he seems to be a talented player. I hope Flores and Mayen blossom inot the futuer of the team.

22. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no flourishing on this team as long as Preki is the coach. He obviously prefers older talent. Even the two, new Mexicans are over 30. Preki is not a developer of talent unless playes have last names like Kjelstan or Braun.

It is what it is, however. Flores and Mayern are just going to have to wait until all the old guys get season-long injuries again to get their legitimate shot.

23. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Believe me Chivas has sent some pretty good young players that have already made their pro debut with Chivas but Preki sends them back. This past pre-season Ledesma which is 18 or 19 was supped to come play here. He actually started a few games for Chivas.

24. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    Mayen is a good player that can and will become a great player! He reminds me of Cienfuegos. I hope he does get some playing time, but it seems like Lahoud would get in there before him unfortunately.:( Don't get me wrong, I like how Lahoud has looked as well, but Mayen has been busting his ass and I hope he gets his chance.

25. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Why doesn't CDUSA get the players that are impressing for Tapatio but maybe not ready for CDUSA yet?????

CDUSA needs another Panchito Mendoza or two.

If the owners are not going to shell out money for a big name DP, then they should at least work it so CDUSA gets some quality young players. It works both ways! CDUSA develops them for Guadalajara.

How is Mendoza doing in Mexico by the way?