The OC

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by alexia_donovan, Oct 25, 2003.

1. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Saw the pilot, second episode, and another one and absolutely love this show but for some unknown force of reason, I have not been able to watch one single episode after the first three.

I'll probably end up buying the season DVD like The Sopranos where I have HBO but have never consistently watched it until getting it on DVD.

2. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    1. For rizzle. Hey, you're dad's gay! Turn a new leaf and act like a 10-year old boy!

2. He's Seth's dad, ain't he? ;)

3. Because in a love triangle it never can be so cut-and-dry. Of course, I'm hoping for a threesome, what with Summer and Anna being chummy.

3. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I won't give anything away from this week's episode, but the whole Oliver storyline needs to expand. Ryan sees through Oliver, but Maryssa is totally blind to his ruses and stuff. This is getting a bit too similar from episode to episode (3 in a row, now).

4. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Damn, I was hoping you had written a spolier so that I didn't have to :D

5. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well somebody better!

6. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Maybe later on tonight I'll summon up the energy to write an appbreviated spoiler.

7. Waingro

Waingro Member

Feb 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    *** caution: SPOILER BELOW ****

from TVTOME:

"The Links"

Sandy and Jimmy decide to go into business, while Caleb puts Hailey out of business by shutting off her cash flow. Seth and Anna anticipate spending some time alone as Summer and Luke bond over being single. Ryan and Marissa's disagreement about Oliver reaches new heights when Oliver claims he tried to kill himself. He survived, but can Ryan and Marissa's relationship make it through the ordeal? Oliver comes between Ryan and Marissa.

8. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just as a slight addition to the vague spoiler above...

Jimmy and Sandy decide to buy a restaurant together, with Jimmy as the manager and presumably Sandy as the owner.

The kids all head down to Oliver's mansion in Palm Springs as Oliver's way of saying thanks to Ryan for helping him out at the Rooney (who?) concert. Of course, Oliver is slowly becoming more psychotic in his devotion to Marissa, and nearly kills Ryan and Luke with a golf cart (yes, you read that right).

Oliver then pulls off a ridiculous "suicide attempt" to bring Ryan and Marissa back to Newport, with Marissa (of course) buying everything Oliver says while Ryan doesn't believe him at all. This ends with Marissa spending the night at Oliver's hotel suite while Ryan begrudgingly leaves them alone.

Hailey and Kirsten get into it when Kirsten convinces their father that Hailey is just back to get more of daddy's money.

9. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Not as good as the past two eps, but I'm guessing this is more of a "set-up" epiosde for the coming weeks.

Am I the only guy who thinks it's hot when a girl calls a guy by his last name?

More spoilers....
    - Summer is majorly cockblocking Anna and Seth. At the end of the episode, Luke clumsily makes a move on her but she politely declines. Though I can see the triangle developing into a rectangle.

- After their argument Hailey storms off. And by "storms off", I mean "takes a cab to an unknown destination".

- The major storyline for next week is Oliver transferring to Ryan and Marissa's school, Ryan getting caught breaking into student records to get the dirt on Oliver and facing explusion.

10. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This cat, Oliver, seems to be pretty high up there on the Scale o' Evil.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see Summer getting her way and Cohen becoming her bitch. Mark my words, Cohen will hook up with Summer.

12. Metallifreak

Metallifreak New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Santa Ana, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when I read that, for some strange reason, I got goosebumps.

13. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I hope you're right. Cohen simply must hook up with Summer.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watch... it's inevitable.

15. Waingro

Waingro Member

Feb 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    I'll go one further and say he cheats on Anna with Summer before he even sleeps with Anna...

16. LOGM

LOGM New Member

Oct 27, 2003
    that would be...

DISGUSTING! but honestly Cohen should of stay with Summer since the beginning...well let's see what happens!

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way the Anna and Seth thing is going it's inevitable that either a) something will happen to Anna or b) she goes back to Pittsburgh.

Notice how she's not considered a regular on the show! You just watch, Seth won't even get the change to nail Anna.

18. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    Impossible! She'll have to go back to Pittsburgh and they'll have a bittersweet night of tender lovemaking.

19. dcsiouxfan

dcsiouxfan New Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Warrenton, VA
    Great episode. That new guy is really creepy!!!

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did I tell you guys?? huh?? huh??

Overall I thought it was a pretty lackluster episode, it did set up some nice scenes for the next new episode.

21. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    My understanding is that the next 3 weeks will be reruns... isn't February sweeps month?

22. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    The previews for the next new episode appear to have the makings of the greatest episode ever.

23. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I checked it out on Monday without the "next episode" trailer.

Can someone enlighten me?

24. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

Oliver holes himself up in his hotel room with Marissa, and a gun. Seth and Summer do it, but not too well it seems.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, it returns in 3 weeks, so the next two eps are reruns.

The OC returns on Feb. 11th.