The OC

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by alexia_donovan, Oct 25, 2003.

1. alexia_donovan

alexia_donovan New Member

Aug 9, 2003
    USA
    summary

I was able to watch last night ...are they going to air a re-run?? If not, Can someone post up a summary of last night's episode!

THANKS

ALEXIA:D

2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

*drool*

3. Di7seconds

Di7seconds New Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Land of the Free!!!!
    Girls like that are a dime a dozen. Sure she looks good with all that professional make-up on, but she would just be another decent looking girl on the street. Look at her smile, her teeth are mested up big time, and I bet her body doesn't normally look that good. It's the make-up and the lighting that makes her look good. Don't get me wrong I would do it to her proper anyday, I am just saying that she is not that good looking.

4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Re: summary

Ok....I will post a summary. Though next time I will really kill myself..........

[r]

Seth has one parent jewish, one parent chrstian...hence his family celebrates Christmukkah which is eight days of presents followed by one day of lots of presents. Regardless, the guy from Chino struggles to cope with the fact that he is spending his holidays with a different family. He gets presents from his mom and brother. Marissa starts out the episode by taking the boy from Chino shopping wherein she shoplifts some goods. In the OC the store doesn't press charges, so gets off good. Regardless, her parents are adamant she should go to counseling despite the fact that she needs counseling. The show started with the fact that the lawsuit was going to get settled, thus allowing Seth's dad to come home and not prepare for trial during the holidays. Well, the Dad has a sudden change of mind as he wants to stick it to his opponents for a couple of million more dollars. This pisses off Seth's mom to no end so she decides to take her first ever vacation. On vacation she goes through some accounts receivalbes from the company wherein she finds that her dad (grandpa to seth) ordered a survey of the area for which the lawsuit is about. After requesting a copy of the survey that she has never seen before, she has an ethical dillema and turns over to her hubby. Seth's dad freaks out and the case immediately settles due to what was in the memo. Rather than fire her, grandpa gives her a pat on the back for proper corporate espionage and how this is the real estatae business and she might just make it one day.

Marissa's mom hosts a Christmas party which all attend. Marissa brings a bottle of vodka with her and she drinks it by herself in the bathroom. Knowing she is smashed, boy from Chino gives her a ride home. Cops pull them over for broken light. She has the open container in the car. Cop sees it. And then the cop gets called to a more pressing incident. Boy from Chino explodes on Marissa, guilting her into going into counseling. Goes to counseling where she meets boy who will hit on her in future as he in an almost esp like manner pins on the fact that she OD'ed on pain pills and some other issues in her life.

Seth gets caught in multiple circumstances dealing with the 2 girl dilemma. Both want him to take him to the party. Both agree to meet him there. Both show up at his house before the party so that they can go to the party together. At the party both give him a present. Anna gives him a homemade comic book that she put together herself. The girl in the pictures above, knowing also that he likes comics, dresses up as wonderwoman and lassos him with the golden lasso before Anna walks in on the both of them. This makes both girls come to the realization that Seth needs to make a decision. After agonizing pain, Seth decides that he doesnt' want to lose the friendship of either of them and provide them both presents that are the same Seth starter packs which includes some comics, the movie Goonies and some other things. Anyhow, when he gives both the girls the presents, they both reject friendship with him and say they don't want to be friends.

Boy from Chino gets a stocking from Seth and in the end hangs it by the chimney indicating his acceptance into the family and giving us all the warm fuzzies that the show is predicated on. :)

Anyway, that is all.

I really really really will kill myself the next time I have to do this.

Please don't ask again.

5. alexia_donovan

Aug 9, 2003
    USA
    lol...

well thanks for posting the summary anyways! I guess I will just have to look for the summaries elsewhere!...lol :D

*We wouldn't want you to kill yourself for posting a summary! KIDDING~

OK bye

Alexia

6. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    --They should just dump everybody else and make it an hour-long Seth Cohen show.

7. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Another great update!

Since I work on Wednesday nights I'll still be expecting more summaries. :p

The Seth Starter Pack! Great!

8. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    As much as he has the coolest storyline, the other ones are what makes it so refreshing, like Marissa's descent into darkness and the other stuff. It's just so intense and then, BAM, Wonder Woman.

9. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    that is what makes the show so great. It is well written. The storylines for the parents are as interesting as the kids. They do something extreme and ridiculous yet it all comes off completely irreverant(sp?).

I mean in the first 10 or so episodes, we have someone burn down a house, shopilfting, an attempted suicide, a father coming out of the closet, a financial advisor who defrauded his clients, a kid running stolen cars for his brother, an assault or two, plenty of underage drinking, and a vice president who sold out her company for her husband (and so she coudl stick it to her dad, yet she won't get fired).

10. alexia_donovan

Aug 9, 2003
    USA
    2nd Page

What the hell?? Since when has this thread been on second page?

I find that insulting!!! LOL KIDDING

ok by
    Alexia

11. LOGM

LOGM New Member

Oct 27, 2003
    Update...

Does anyone have this week's summary? or next week's preview? if any

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    ***Ain't nothing but spoilers***

Beginning of the episode, Marissa and Ryan agree that they'll have a low key New Year's Eve considering what happened at Chrismukkah. At the end of the conversation, Marissa slips the "I love you" to Ryan at the end of a date. Ryan hesitates and can only respond "Thank you."
    He can't stop thinking about the "I love you" and is ready to go to bed but he finds the poolhouse occupied by a strange woman, who turns out to be Hailey, the rebellious sister of Kirsten, Seth's mother.

We don't know why Hailey has decided to come back to OC but Sandy, the dad, guesses that she has run out of money. Hailey looks at how domesticated the mother has become and gives her stick for becoming boring.

The newly single Seth decides he'll join Ryan & Marissa for the low key TV & popcorn New Year's Eve, but Marissa is invited to Oliver's (the guy she met at the therapist's office after the Chrismukkah incident) party at the Hilton (?) penthouse. She is hesitant but accepts after Oliver tells her that his girlfriend will be there and Marissa decides she will bring Ryan. However, back at the house, Ryan insists on the low key Eve and Marissa decides to go to the party alone.....

to be continued

13. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So her counselor invited her to a party? Wow.

You better continue this pretty quickly! I'm bored at work and need to know!

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    *** spoilers continued ***

Sandy & Kirsten head out for a New Year's Eve party, leaving Hailey, Seth and Ryan at the house. Not surprisingly, Hailey couldn't wait to get the grown ups out of the house so she could throw her own party. It's clearly trouble from the start, with furniture getting overturned and spillage everywhere, ruining Seth and Ryan's low key Eve.

Meanwhile, Sandy & Kirsten are still hung up on the "boring" comment. Sandy goofs around, doing exactly the opposite of what his car's navigation tells him to do. But their adventurous side will be tested as they find themselves at a swinger party. After some hesitation, they decide to stay, though both dread the pairing off at midnight.

At the Hilton penthouse, Marissa finds that, surprise surprise, Oliver's girlfriend didn't even make it into town and he's making the moves on her. Summer & Anna, Seth's ex's, are at the party as well but they can't have fun because they're afraid that they'll step on each other if they talk to a guy.

Back at the house, Ryan overhears a conversation and finds that Hailey owes some people at the party a lot of money. Seth & Ryan want to shut the party down, but Hailey locks them up in the pool house.

15. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    *** spoilers - the conclusion ***

Hailey's party gets out of hand, even by her standards and she begs the boys to shut it down. They finally kick the partiers out by cutting the power. Seth and Ryan can finally have their low-key New Year's Eve, but throughout the night, Ryan has been paranoid about Marissa being alone at the party and being told "How you spend New Year's Eve is how you spend the rest of the year." Ryan decides to make a dash for the party, hoping to make it in time for the countdown.

Well, Marissa's been thinking the same thing. All through the night, she hopes against hope that Ryan shows up at the party and realizes that she'll have to kiss Oliver at the stroke of midnight. Anna (she's the blonde, right?) decides to leave the party after arguing with Summer since no guy can choose between them.

Meanwhile, Sandy and Kirsten nervously await midnight. They're sociable, but they're clearly not swinger material.

Back at the penthouse, the countdown begins and Oliver is ready to plant one on Marissa. Ryan gets to the hotel, runs up the stairs, which is way more dramatic than taking the elevator and makes a Baywatch-style slo-mo run through the room, getting to Marissa right at midnight. Ryan tells Marissa, "I love you." Marissa thanks him.

At the party, the swingers start to pair off. One by one, the wives pick watches out of the jar... and then there were two. Somehow, by the luck of the draw, Sandy and Kirsten are left in the room. Or not. Sandy had taken his watch out of the jar earlier in the night while she wasn't looking. Good move, Sandy.

Sandy & Kirsten come home to Seth and Hailey cleaning the house. There will be some stern talking to. Seth takes out the garbage and there's Anna, alone after leaving the party who apparently still has feelings for Seth. They spend their low-key Eve together.

------
    So some of this is out of order and I may have gotten a detail or three wrong, but that about covers it, I think.

16. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    My mistake. He's just a guy she met at the therapist's office.

17. snowsuit

snowsuit New Member

Oct 1, 2000
    san diego
    ...totally making out! hah! go anna. i like this show too much.

18. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's the funniest part of anything you wrote.

Thanks for the update.

19. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the summary. I missed it. Good to see others pick up where I leave off.

20. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    First O.C. of 2004

Show Spoiler

Marissa and Oliver remain close friends. Marissa calls Ryan from Oliver's house and invites him to hang out with them. Ryan is naturally perturbed by Marissa continued association with Oliver.

Ryan brings Seth and Luke (with whom they are spending a lot more time since Luke's dad's 'secret' came out) along to Oliver's penthouse suite. It seemsthat Oliver's parents are away for a month, a great decision considering their kid is a recovering addict. The entire group warms up to Oliver, with Ryan being the obvious exception.

When Oliver uses his connections to get the entire group into a sold-out Rooney (who?) concert, the group officially loves him.

Seth and Anna decide that they have to come clean with Summer about their relationship, and of course Seth keeps putting it off. They finally admit to Summer at the concert that they are together, news that Summer takes suprisingly well.

Also at the concert, Ryan starts doubting that there ever was a Natalie (Oliver's supposed gf), and keeps a watchful eye on Oliver's interaction with Marissa. When he decide things are becoming too much, he brings Marissa to the back of the club and starts making out with her. She says the wrong thing when Ryan asks her about Oliver's intentions, and he decides he's had enough. Ryan leaves through the back door of the club, where he sees Oliver getting roughed up. He thinks about it for a second, and then jumps to Oliver's aid, only to find out that the guy roughing Oliver up is an undercover cop whom Oliver tried to buy cocaine from.

At the police station, Oliver says that he was depressed because Natalie never showed up, and when watching how happy Marissa and Ryan are together, it drove him to start using again. (So I guess there is a Natalie.) Ryan calls Sandy the Super Laywer who saves the day yet again, and all is well in The O.C.

A side story has Jimmy (Marissa's dad) and Kirsten's insanely hot younger sister Hailey getting into what seems to be some sort of relationship. Good. Jimmy needs some ass.

As is customary at the end of these posts, I will say... somebody kill me now.

Until next week...

21. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If I never watch this show again I will be happy because I can read such great recounts here.

22. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    In Canada, The OC airs on Monday nights on CTV, 2 days earlier than on FOX! :p

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    - Man, did they seriously dorkify Luke.

- Sandy is a one-man one-liner generator.

- Why do I get the feeling Seth will eventually end up with Summer?

24. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Because he had a hard on for her since the first episode.

25. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Which is precisely why I can do a recap before the majority of the audience sees it.

Plus if I miss it on Monday I can just watch it on Fox on Wednesday :)