The Obligatory US vs ES Roll Call Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Nothus, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Nothus

Nothus New Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Issues of playing El Salvidor in DC in relation to common sense aside, this will be the first "real" game since the World Cup (if you count friendlies as real games). So who's up for it? Are you coming? You'd better be.

No excuses, let's make RFK our house.

I don't know about you, but I can hardly wait.

2. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    I am despretly trying to get there. Doesnt look good right now though

3. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense, but your plan to rule the day is futile.

First, everytime I've been to RFK to watch the USMNT vs. any Central American team we're always outnumbered or 50/50 (e.g. Honduras qualifier). Second, there is an enormous Salvadoran community in the DC metro area that loves their team and will come in droves to get the chance to cheer them on win or lose. Third, this game is meaningless and too close on the heels of great success at the world's most prestigious sporting tournament. Don't get me wrong. If I lived near DC, I'd probably go but don't count on folks shelling out dough to fly to Washington on a Sunday afternoon.

From one US fan to another: good luck filling the seats, have fun and go Yanks! There just ain't enough DCUnited fans to fill up seats on behalf of us all.

4. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well he's certainly a downer.

he may be right, but still a downer.

5. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    There is a larger USA community in DC than a El Salvador one. ANd we are more organized. WE will Control the stadium!!

6. ColdCuts

ColdCuts Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Queens, NYC
    How do I get 2 seats in Sam's section?

Check it out: I'm flying down from NYC for this one! My brother and me are gonna attend.

We've been to a couple of USMNT matches before but we've never experienced the game from the Sam's Army perspective and we wanna give it a go.

Any Sammers out there, or anybody else, want to let me know how to hook up with them? Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Should we pickup a couple of the $22 tickets and just wander on over? What's the protocol? Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It still depends on the U20WCQs. I was planning on catching the doubleheaders in Charleston on the 15th and 17th. Durham to Charleston to DC to Durham is a lot longer of the weekend.

If the US U20s win on the 13th and 15th, then I'll almost certainly make the RFK trip.

Too many options!

8. Luis Chavez

Luis Chavez Red Card

Jul 11, 2001
    burke, va
    You Could just sit with LA NORTE we sit in the north goal and give it are all for the US. We along with Yanks Army and maybe SAms ARmy will be sitting in section 120.

9. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    What is Yanks Army?

If I go I will definitly be sitting with Sams Army.

10. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
  11. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone who wants to sit with the hardcore should definately come sit in 120 with La Norte. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sam's Army back there also, but definately get ur tix with us...you'll have a really good time.

12. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    120 is the place to be. Last game there (USA v. Uruguay), they were checking tickets, so I had to hang in 220 instead of 120. I will look for 120 tickets this time.

Sammers and the Screaming Eagles usually occupy the sections from 133 to 139 and 232 to 237 or whatever. Anyway, all along the east touch line from the 50 on down towards the south end- depending on attendance. I will be driving down in the morning, going to the game, and driving back, probably with a van of NYC hooligans. Looking forward to getting in the face of the 25,000 El Sals in attendance. And, yes, it will be something like 10,000 Yanks and 25-30,000 Salvadorans. We will be outnumbered, but so what? Makes it all the more fun. That's why God invented Steel Toe shoes.

BTW, can any DC guys let me know if you need a drum pass for RFK? Sanks.

13. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    Re: Re: The Obligatory US vs ES Roll Call Thread

No offense dude...but if ur a metrofan and you live in the NY area, why arn't you driving your ass down there? Don't waste your money with flying.

True, we will not control the stadium. Do we ever versus a latin team? Not since I made the trip over to Columbus to see el tri be beaten

14. Nothus

Nothus New Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: The Obligatory US vs ES Roll Call Thread

Didn't I say no excuses? :)

Of course we're going to be outnumbered, that fact shouldn't keep you from coming.

Andy: By your message I'm assuming US victories on the 13th and 15th result in qualification thus allowing you to attend the game?

15. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    No drum pass needed. We try to stick to one drum in La Norte because the drumming drowns the singing out otherwise. Are you bringing down the BOMBO or another drum?

Sachin

16. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are actually 3 Metro bombos these days. Jamison's got one. Corazon's got the other and sometimes a 3rd shows up.

1 drum ain't enough. Only if you have a compact group.

17. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: The Obligatory US vs ES Roll Call Thread

It's just funny to see some chaps bustin' a nut thinkin' they're going to be louder than the ES supporters. The other point I was making was that I didn't expect too many people to travel from further afield than New York to go this "friendly" (or is it a full international?)

18. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    jamison,

let me know the info on the bus/van. i most likely am going as well as a few other queens/bronx guys as well.

we are the yanks,
    we are the yanks,
    we are, we are,
    we are the YANKS!

19. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Well, we only have one section.
    With one section, 1 bombo should be enough, although I am curious to see what 2 bombos would do to the singing.

We've already sold about half the tickets so far, so if you need 'em, now is the time to order. I seriously doubt I'll be able to get tickets anywhere else on the Northside as the Salvadorans will buy them all up.

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE COMING DOWN IN A GROUP, EITHER ORDER TICKETS FOR THE GROUP OR MAKE SURE EVERYONE GETS IN TOUCH WITH ME INDIVIDUALLY. I don't want anyone to get shut out of tickets in the Northside

We should have a contingent from Chicago for this match, if I'm not mistaken. And possibly one from Columbus. It's entirely possible we can outsing/outshout the ES supporters. At DC games, they only cheer when their players are attacking and when they score. If the USA gets up a couple of goals quickly, it will shut them up.

Sachin

20. ColdCuts

ColdCuts Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Queens, NYC
    The benefits of NOTdriving

Dude, you're assuming that us New Yorkers own cars. I don't. In NYC you don't want to own a car. And, even if I did, I'd probably still fly. Check it: it's only a hundred bucks round-trip, I'm there in one short hour, and I can drink all I want!

21. Luis Chavez

Luis Chavez Red Card

Jul 11, 2001
    burke, va
    HEY If you got bombos bring it bring it all i bet we can use them, just bring them. But be ready to sing, and sing alot,

OOOOOHHHH LETS GO USA
    UUSSSAAAAAAAAAA, USA
    LETS GO USA

22. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    I e-mailed you 2 days ago saying i needed 4 tickets. This assures that i have spots there right? How ya wanna do the payments for that?
    Sorry if i'm getting ahead of myself here, just anxious.

23. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    You have an E-mail on this subject. It's all good.

Sachin

24. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh yea, bring flags.

25. Glorious Save

Glorious Save Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Washington, DC Metro Area
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get Ready to Rock!

I'll be bringing a group of 10 to rock with La Norte in section 120. Looking forward to seeing you all there!