The Obi Mikel Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    John Obi Mikel...

Obi Defies Club, Heads to London

Talented midfielder, John Mikel Obi, has once again gone against the instructions of the Norwagien club, which owns his contract, Lyn Oslo.

Nigeriansportonline.com reports that Mikel, who was one of the stars of the Flying Eagles silver medal finish at the World Youth Championship in Holland Saturday, was not in the Nigerian contingent that back to Nigeria on Sunday in a chartered flight.

Instead, the elegant playing midfielder told officials of the Flying Eagles that he was heading for London.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200507050119.html

2. Ronaldo07

Ronaldo07 New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Re: John Obi Mikel...

to be honest, i don't want to see ever wear the red shirt of manchester united, i say we get as much as we can for him from chelsea and get a midfielder who wants to play for us.

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

he really is taking us for a ride... i bought this family threatened sh1t for a little while, but surely, after such exposure at a major tournament he could have returned with his teammates aboard the plane without any consequences.... any kind of excuse could have been made for him to actually, be with his family... he probably concocted the whole damn thing, him and his agent... When the hell will FIFA rule on this?

all that said, he's a damn good player, his sense of positioning is immaculate and he almost always plays the right pass and often does so with his first touch.

4. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

I hope when he lands at Heathrow he trips over a luggage cart and shatters his knee in effect ending his career....

Lets see how much Chavski want him then.....

5. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary

Unbelievable. When you look at him he really does look like a lil b****, like a scamp who wont hesitate to stab you in the back.

Good riddance, get the hell out if you dont want to be at the club. I dont care how talented he is, we have our own.

6. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I want him to come to the Mafia. Then have him play and Rooney accidentally knees him where the sun doesn't shine.

Though I still wish we could take the money from selling him to the Mafia then run and kick him afterwards. Or let him rot in the reserves for several years then sell him for a few hundred pesos to Club America in Mexico.

7. MANUTDGAL

MANUTDGAL New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Framingham, Mass.

We need a talent like Obi Mikel if we are awarded his
    rights Fergie should do all he can to convince John
    Obi that his services are much needed at Old Trafford..

Mikel, Rooney & Ronaldo now that would be a formidable
    trio to build around...:)

8. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey

i thought he was the best player on the field during the wyc final. to bad he's acting like a little b-i-t-c-h and can't apreciate the fact that the most well known club all over the world wants him and he doesn't want to go. i hope he flops at chelsea and rides the bench

anyone in his position would be proud and honored for the opportunity to play for man u and not bitch about going elsewhere.

9. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA

I don't want Mikel, but I would like a big fat lawsuit against Chelsea.

10. Ronaldo07

Ronaldo07 New Member

Mar 2, 2005

The transfer saga surrounding John Obi Mikel shows no signs of abating, with two of the main protagonists declaring they are ready to confront each other on live television.

Link

11. Hawki

Hawki New Member

May 4, 2005
    NorCal, USA

At first I was giving him the benefit of the doubt ... trying to consider his age and circumstance. But even if we were to convince him to play at OT, I hardly think it would be long lasting. Someone so easily swayed will exhibit this behavior his whole career. If it's not one thing, it will be another.

We need to get as much as we can for his contract and move on.

What a waste ....

12. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From the Manchester Evening News:

13. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just like Rio "I want 120K a week" t***.

14. Hawki

Hawki New Member

May 4, 2005
    NorCal, USA

Unfortunately .... I'm beginning to believe your right.

15. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Poll: FIFA's decision regarding J O Mikel

So whatddya think? I think FIFA will cave into Chelsea in order to pander to the money. Are there any conspiracy theorists out there? Where are the people shouting "FIFA hate Manchester United"?

I don't know the details and neither do you so let's have some fun while speculating :)

16. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Re: Poll: FIFA's decision regarding J O Mikel

I chose the first option. If FIFA have any shread of sanity left they would make him uphold his contract. Then we sell him or put him in a dark room alone with Keane for 3 hours to 'help' him see our way of thinking. :cool:

17. Hawki

Hawki New Member

May 4, 2005
    NorCal, USA

I don't think there is any big FIFA conspiracy, I do believe that they won't go down the road of sending him somewhere he professes he doesn't want to go. There may be some token compensation to us for the trouble, but I don't see us getting much more. It really is unfortunate … he could of done well here.

18. Ronaldo07

Ronaldo07 New Member

Mar 2, 2005

think he will be sent to Chelsea, i've almost accepted that and now i just hope we get some decent cash from it so we can use it on a world-class midfielder like Ballack.

19. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He will be sent to Chelsea with no compensation, and you will have to make do with Gerard Pique.

20. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

I hope we get him so we can either bench his ass for a long time ruining his career or send him out on loan to FC We Hate Nigerian Scvmbag Traiters where he'll get his ass whipped into shape......

Either way we win...... :D

21. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

If you can show me how the money is flowing into Blatters pockets, I can tell you how FIFA will vote.

22. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Well considering Roman owns Chavscum and we are about a billion or so in debt I guess the scum win......... :cool:

23. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Chelski will get the Mine & we'll get the Shaft. :(

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

This is Fifa's chance to make a stand against Chelsea and all of their tapping up antics. No doubt they will bottle it. :rolleyes:

25. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Blatter likes to make examples of the big clubs. So of course the ruling will go against us.