Alert: The NT Players Performance and Ratings Thread 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's just trying to prove that he can out Loew Loew.

2. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, he didn't and I have no idea what you recall in that case.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seeing as how we won most of those, I must have been drunk. However, I am pretty sure some of his better performances were vs Schalke.

4. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He hasn't collected a single scorer point vs Schalke and his kicker ratings vs Schalke also confirm my view on the matter, not to mention that other BVB fans also think that way. ;)
    Maybe you are confusing his performances vs Bayern in which he did have some fine games but against Schalke he was always at least below average.

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, you are probably right. Or I was thinking of Sahin.

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That won't be easy, esp. not after three titles but that was very Löw-esque. :D

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BTW Draxler needs some love, he's been huge for Schalke as they've gotten their head out of their ass. At such a young age it's hard not to love his shooting, his intelligence and his technique. Reminds me a lot of Marco Reus, who's one of my favorite NT players right now.

8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    100 appearances for Schalke at the age of 19, never been done before by a Bundesliga player. Now that's just unbelievably impressive.

9. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is impressive but Draxler is still extremly inconsistent in his performances and defensively a real liability which is why he lost his spot on the wings and was then moved to the AM position.
    His performances there were recently very good but it doesn't really increase his chances with the NT. Özil, Götze and Kroos are still worlds ahead of him and that's why I think it's a mistake to always nominate him for the A-NT.
    He should play for the u21, grow there as player and get actual time on the pitch instead of sitting on the bench for the A-NT.

Kirsten19 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree with Leinad, to be honest I don't see the world-class potential in Draxler everyone is raving about. He's been pretty much the same player for around, what, two years now? Good dribbler that has a great shot but lacks consistency. He's a good player, absolutely, but Özil or Götze-level, or even potential to be an Özil or a Götze, absolutely not.

Want to talk Schalke's potentially class players? Sead Kolasinac has been tearing it up in the left-back position against two good opponents now, despite playing out of position and having been basically thrown in there and expected to perform, pushing out Fuchs and looking like an experienced old hand veteran while he's at it. Of course he's not quite yet ready at an NT level, and doesn't add a lot offensively from the fullback position, but does anyone see him as a potentially good defensive option at left back for the NT if he keeps this up?

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea, like every young player, plenty still to learn. Don't think he "lost" his place. He was just moved into a role he is better suited for and needed. He could be a good Holtby replacement for the U-21's as well for the next two years.

Dage repped this.
  12. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's normal that young players seem to stagnate at a certain level for several years before making a big step forward. We all should show some patience with our young guns. I like your glass ball MS, pls sell it to the DFB.

13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am just giving my opinion, Dage, no need to agree with me.

14. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought Reus needed a break after two below par performances. Wouldn't be shocking to C Reus and Gundogan rested in the coming BL matches.

15. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Back after my week off work :)

Draxler is probably my favourite young prospect atm. What he has shown at CAM in recent matches has been quite impressive. We may be loaded at that position at this time, but his defensive awareness can only improve with experience. I see him developing into a versatile player who could fit in anywhere across our front line in the future. Hopefully he gets a roster spot for Brazil, Im sure the extra experience for a player his age would only serve to improve our NT in the long run. Regular U21 playing time would only benefit him as well atm.

Don't want to derail the Draxler discussion too much but I realized I never responded to this. I share your view that these two have had successful campaigns so far in the CL. However one really cannot claim that as true for Mueller and Reus without claiming the same for Podolski. It smacks of double standard. And as I mentioned already, it's not about the numbers. Mueller and Poldi both have very good arguments for being the best players on their team in Europe this season, whereas Reus is maybe a distant third for Dortmund so far (4th in my view). So if anything Reus is the odd man out here, and we've even seen him go invisible for a couple matches in this year's CL. Personally I would say all 3 have had successful CL campaigns so far, and I think most viewers would agree with that assessment.

16. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fair enough although I would disagree on Reus going invisible.

We can at least agree on Draxler.

CanStriker repped this.
  17. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not entirely related to NT players but Sukuta-Pasu n Marvin Pourie, two highly rated youth NT players in the past have been performing well in Autria and Denmark repsectively.

I think their potential is there, its their attitude that left them behind

18. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    are they even legal?

19. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Podolski has been a standout player because Arsenal have no other attacking options atm.

20. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yea and he got one. I still think he's our most unpredictable player, not just because of his assist but the way he moves and runs is fascinating to watch.

22. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
  23. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well it worked didn't it? Podolski had put in a string of very poor performances for someone who wants to start so often. He came off the bench and made a huge point however, helping that second goal, hitting the crossbar then scoring the 3rd goal of the game.

I still think Arsenal need serious reinforcements over the summer, they'll need another striker and a midfielder who can replace the perpetually injured Song. However, if I was Podolski i wouldn't be too excited about my debut season, a decent goalgetter but he's gone missing in nearly every big game for the club.

24. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Klose... 5 goals today.

People should never overlook the old man. He is still very good

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    First striker to score five goals in league in 27 years. Legend.

bayern15 repped this.