The NT Players Performance and Ratings Thread 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's obviously struggling to adapt to Leverkusen and I don't think the circumstances at the club are helping. It's not either or. Let's see how he does in the friendlies and see if that "form" carries over to the NT as well because if the past is anything to go by I think we'll be just fine. Plenty of examples of players who have indifferent club forms but do well for the NT, why would this be any different?

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schurle has been bad this season even when he wasnt playing barcelona

In the group stages he was poor as well playing teams inferior to Barcelona while some of his other teammates excelled.

4 goals all season, 2 in the BL(not playing Barcelona) are terrible stats for any striker

Excuses wont cut it when we have players playing way better.

Why would anyone take Schurrle ahead of his competitors like Reus or even Poldi

3. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schuerrle's case makes me concern about Reus' future in Dortmund too

Where will Reus play in Dortmund?? He isnt a left winger too, n i dont think there is any need for dortmund to change the entire formation for him. Reus doesnt have a position in 4-5-1 just like Mueller n Schuerrle

Reus is doing well becoz Gladbach play a 4-4-2. With Hanke being a great partner next to Reus

4. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I thought bender played quite well. At this point, im rather confused as to whom should partner schweini at the euros.

any news on mertesacker?

5. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

I m pretty sure it will be Khedira. Who i think is a great player anyway

i like his work rate, inner drive. mobility n allrounded skill. He is doing all the dirty work for the NT, i like his game a lot

His game is a lot "tougher" than Kroos or Sven's imo

6. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He is a tough kind of player, but so is the bender. but, khedira is terrific offensively.

I doubt kroos will ever feature at CM, simply because if he does he'll compromise us defensively.

7. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kroos will be a direct replacement of Schweini. And we need a destroyer/tough DM like Khedira to play beside the deep lying playmaker.

I doubt we have better options than Khedira, in fact, he's one of the best in the world imo

8. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    He is injured (read he is probably out for 6 weeks) and missed the debacle at Milan.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus plays in the hole in Favre's 4-2-3-1/4-2-4 but often switches with Hanke. He can fill in any of the three positions in Klopp's current system currently held by Lewandowski, Goetze, and Kagawa.

There are rumors of Kagawa leaving which would instantly make space and although I don't think it will happen, Dortmund still need depth. Kuba is not really good enough for their ambitions and he will be a bench player obviously. Across the board this doesn't look much of a problem to me as it would appear because Klopp has been good in rotating his players. Who knows, he might just alter the formation a bit to fit Reus in. Perhaps a 4-3-3 or even 3-4-3 which they have toyed with towards the end of last season.

10. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Kevin Prince Boateng, what a beast ! Jogi, sign him up! Jogi, sign him up! :D

11. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    That is a good observation, but in Mueller's case he at least has shown good link up play on the right for the NT, even while he slumped in the BL.

12. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    F@Kirsten: reus seems very very stabile in his form, in fact he's still developing on a high rate and i'm confident, that it will continue under Kloppo. He adds exactly that plus of firepower Dortmund need. In my eyes he's the best german player this season and i would prefer him in the starting eleven over other great youngsters like götze.

13. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus "problem" is the lack of time until the EC. He simply doesn't have a lot of opportunities to prove himself and he might need time to adapt to the NT (not everyon can come in and just work perfectly like Müller did).
    I would certainly agree that Reus has been the best german offensive player this season so far but there are still quite a lot of games to play and what Reus lacks is the international stage.

14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    That pu$$y?

[​IMG]

;)

15. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Too true. He did have some opportunities presented to him last year, but pulled out a record amount of times, despite playing the vast majority of the games for his club.

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    If Kagawa stays, then Kevin is going to the bench, Mario is going on the left wing, Marco on his usual right wing and Shinji behind Lewa. They will switch positions constantly and that will make them very unpredictable for the opposition.They will be the fantastic four.Don't you worry about Reus! He is in the hands of the best coach in Germany. He is no Dutt. ;)

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Those two times he came in he was pretty impressive in a subdued way. He showed the intelligence we've come to know and he linked up well and showed great maturity. Much of that was still finding his feet and responsibilities in Loew's system but he looked completely settled mentally.

Tactically is where there might be an issue.

18. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    There will also be a fair amount of rotating. Grosskreutz is central to BVB, he is not exactly the flamboyant type of winger like Reus, but like Kuyt for Liverpool, he works incredibly hard and every so often comes up with a great idea. 7 goals so far is a great return for a winger. He'll feature, that's for sure.

19. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really hope Gomez picks his game up. He has been absolutely useless these last couple of weeks.

20. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    fixed that for you. ;)

21. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, yes, especially Muller, but I don't think Neuer and Kroos are really playing that poorly. I thought Neuer had one of his best performance for Bayern against Basel.

But Gomez's drop in form has really been shocking.

22. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Predictable rather than shocking. A player like Gomez is only as good as the system around him and its functionality. Him being a very mentally affected player he suffers as a result. He's not necessarily individually out of form but the situation doesn't help him.

23. matrix666777

matrix666777 Member

May 31, 2008
    Tirana
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's why Klose should/will start

24. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Because he's doing better in Lazio.

25. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I think Toni Kroos is like Xavi. He is good at keeping possession. He makes the occasional assist or scores a goal of course but overall he is not really the player who drives the team forward. If the team is winning he looks good and gets a lot of recognition but if it loses he looks completely useless. Xavi did not get much recognition before the age of 25 when he had match winners like Ronaldinho and Messi around.