"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bro, how hard was it to find this quote in the article in order to suit your agenda? It’s like you deliberately avoided anything of substance from it.

Here are a few you left out:

“Real Madrid believes he will be a fundamental piece of their midfield for the future”

“Madrid does not stop expressing to him their confidence in his future at the club”

“Madrid is not contemplating a sale whatsoever”

“The player still wishes to triumph at Madrid”

I would think you should share quotes like these from the article before expressing a long narrative that goes completely against everything of substance in it.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2077 4x4s, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    He's got two years on his contract, i'm not pulling "quotes to fit my narrative", i'm just lauging at a fluff piece from a newspaper that prints whatever the club wants aimed to calming down fans while the player says something completely different. If Odegaard wants to leave, this summer is the last opportunity to make money off the transfer. The club knows that, the player knows that.
    Here, have last years edition of that:

Of course "the club knows of it's quality" and all the nonsense. If the club felt the player was trash they'd have sold him last summer. All these Marca pieces are printed by a newspaper geared towards RealMadrid fans picking it up and reading what they want to read.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It could be true that Odegaard doesn't see Arsenal as a permanent option. He's 22 and hasn't won anything in his club career. Arsenal haven't won a big trophy since 2004( unless you count FA cup in the tier of CL or league). We have seen Ozil, Alexis spent their prime there without winning anything major after leaving RM/Barca and RVP had to join Utd to win the league. Would Odegaard want to join Arsenal permanently signing a contract until he's 27? If he continue to impress in PL, there could be an offer from bigger PL clubs even if he doesn't want to return to RM due to the distrust formed with ZZ.

BjornH and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    He may get this season's La Liga and Champions League double, so he can persue getting full minutes and stability at Arsenal for the rest of his career. I mean, there is no stability in Real Madrid - there is always a chance of winning something.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He may also get the Europa League at Arsenal while Real Madrid wins nothing.

I love the pride, but this sort of arrogance when we're borderline double digits behind in the League isn't justified.

Deep Pal, benny_madridista and ImadEdd repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rumors in Munich that Bayern will make an offer if he signals that he doesn't want to go back to Madrid.

I'm pretty sure he has multiple high caliber options, and that's part of why the club didn't throw in a buyout option. Even if he wants to leave, his price after 6 months of Arsenal as a starter will be twice as high than as the fifth option in Madrid.

7. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Indeed, this makes sense. I've totally forgotten that Europa League is played.
    Judging by Martin's performances against Shaktar, he may have went for Europa League while he was here, too. :p

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Judging by our performances against a third division team at the Copa del Rey we may want to keep playing at the Di Stefano even post Covid-19.

9. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    If we sell him for £50m even that would be a joke when you consider how much was spent on Hazard, Jovic etc. Sell the good players and buy the rubbish ones.

Deep Pal and Bear Crotch repped this.
  10. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Huge difference when we’re looking to sell vs when you want to keep a player but he wants to move to a bigger one, which we obv wouldn’t find ourselves in.

It’s just how it is. We very rarely get the sort of money we ourselves would be charged for a player.

11. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    Performances? But he didn't even play in the 1st game against Shakhtar (which was pretty much Shakhtar's youth team), and he was one of our better players in the 2nd game.
    Whatever fits your narrative, I guess...

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Drouchk and 2 others repped this.
  12. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

BjornH, Deep Pal, Kroosinator and 4 others repped this.
  13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I wonder how we would have reacted to what happened if this weren’t a Euro year, would he still have left? Maybe.

Lyra repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "Incredibly reliable" - Chiringuito and Marca employee.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    According to Inda's OKdiario, Odegaard is definitely up for sale, club will not accept anything under 60 mil. for him though.

I don't think a decision has been made either way but if the player wants to leave and brings a large enough offer, I think that the club will sell.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He knows nothing and is only guessing per usual.

The difference here is some of us don't care even if they report something positive; we will call them as they are.

This idea that we should believe whatever source as long as it goes with our agenda (whether you want to see us succeed or burn down) isn't it.

HZinho and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I've come to the conclusion that there are no sources anymore

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In reality most of the stuff is leaked by either one party (player/agent) or the other (club/people from within) with a clear purpose in mind.

It's not like the I3 Ventures scandal didn't happen, or that it wasn't uncovered that the club in Madrid gave access to irrelevant websites and blogs to ask the tough questions from Carlo in public.

Most of the stuff printed in those Madrid or Barca papers has roots closer to home than people believe, it just serves a purpose, even if that purpose is public denial of a report you wish to throw out there and see how the fans respond.

As i said, it doesn't surprise me that as soon as Florentino has somebody to run against, suddenly the club can sign half the planet and can afford to let them keep them change.

benny_madridista repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If it's Madrid related an it isn't coming from an agent (who could also be lying to manipulate a certain outcome) it probably isn't an actual source.

The club has shown they really don't leak info unless they are trying to push an obvious narrative.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club when it comes to information:

s-l640.jpg

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Excape Goat, BjornH, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    "Oh noes oh noes this means Arsenal is going to take him away from us!"

~ RMBS logic not too long ago

Lol

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    #2098 BjornH, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Not much to win in Arsenal which is true outside the UK cups. Maybe EL this year, but I doubt it unless their defense improve. Haaland’s agent is not going to talk with Arsenal - so I have no idea why Ødegaard would sign a permanent deal with Arsenal like some rumors, and not PSG & Bayern M. which follow this player close as well recently. And I know CL is important for Martin as well.

Anyway I believe he can get back to pre injury condition from last year, but it will take time and effort and why he is on this loan deal until summer. Also there are other things Martin need to improve like physic and balance. And our new national coach need to stop playing Ødegaard & Haaland out of position.

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

BjornH repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Counting on cashing in on him that is. This is a guy who's reputation is at an all time high, has two years on his contract and isn't committed to renewing it(why would he?) .

If we don't sell him he's going to leave for nothing in 2022.