"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The days I used to argue with Internet kids are long gone. You think your boy is better, I think James is better. End of story.

Digital repped this.
  2. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Your suggestion isnt realistic. Why do you think Odegaard isn't in the squad this year?

3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    What exactly is not realistic? To drop Modrić and James and replace them with DM and Odegaard? To ditch also Isco, and replace him with midfielder?

Secondly, I imagine the reason behind Odegaard not being in RM squad in 19/20, is we already have 6 midfielders all seasoned ones, plus Odegaard lacking experience in one of the top leagues of the planet. The latter changes with him having great season in Sociedad.

We need to change midfield dynamic desperately. We need to replace one CM / AM for DM, and we need fresh CM who has the capacity to break through. If not bringing Odegaard back, then what exactly is the "realistic" alternative according to you? And how does it benefit Odegaard?

4. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Given Eriksen’s salary he will come here to start. We’re burying Odegaard and Fede if we do that. No thanks, the midfield situation has changed.

I would only consider it if Eriksen is replacing Kroos, which probably isn’t happening.

Drouchk repped this.
  5. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I dont know why I have to spell it out but ok.
    I said one of Odegaard or Eriksen makes sense not both. Not enough minutes to go around. I'd prefer Odegaard. To be honest I'm not a big fan of Eriksen but I can see why management would go for him considering he'd be coming for free.

Lyra, Açores57 and Drouchk repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eriksen has never been as good as peak James. Not for a day. And I like Eriksen.

7. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Talentwise indeed . But Eriksen has a better attitude I think.

I would pass on Eriksen. As said we have Kroos and James in similar roles. Yes I know James is a CAM and Kroos a CM but they basicly do the same.

However it would be smart to sign Eriksen fpr free and offload Kroos in summer for some gpod money.

Prit Javier repped this.
  8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    But there would be enough minutes for Odegaard with Modrić and co. staying?

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I was one of the loudest supporters of bringing Eriksen to Madrid.

However now that is redundant since we kept Isco and James. With Valverde's ascension we don't even have room for Eriksen as a starter unless we give up the 433 and get married to the 442 diamond; something I would strongly advised against.

Our young Brazilians need minutes.

Eriksen just doesn't fit at the moment. Not when we have James who is much better and Isco who will take up minutes even though he can be disappointing.

Prit Javier, Ahmadi8 and Digital repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Argument James being better is void considering Zidane does not rate him. He will be a non-factor in most cases as such. As for Isco, i rather have Eriksen behind Benzema and Hazard. Plus he can play as CM.

For "free" we can get seasoned top tier player, who would provide much neeeded change of dynamic in midfield. I think that is worth some serious consideration. For example: Casemiro, Valverde and Kroos are fixed for 20/21. Odegaard most likely takes another spot. Who are the other two spots?

Anon. repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is void because it is false Zidane doesn't rate James.

James has only not played due to injury. When he was healthu he routinely got minutes even if it wasn't always starts.

When will you guys give up this "Zidane hates player X" trash? Zidane has shown himself to be pragmatic. He plays who he needs when he needs. Period.

petros93 repped this.
  12. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Uh... I said this is assuming Modric/Isco leave.

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I dont perceive "does not rate" as hate, hence i said "does not rate". Based on last years, i think it is accurate to say James is dead last in the pecking order.

Lyra repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is how I view ZZ too, even if we as fans don’t agree with him all the time, the only player I see ZZ definitely not counting on is Mariano, and he probably let him know this at the start of the season, ZZ doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who freezes anyone out totally, without explanation.

HZinho repped this.
  15. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So ideally, who are the midfielders for next season?

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Based on this season when James wasn't injured or recovering from injury, Zidane played him dman near every game and never just left him off the 18-man roster.

Zidane rates him. He has said as much. Just because people on this forum are children who can't see past their own preferences doesn't mean Zidane is.

He has shown himself to be pragmatic. He would even use Bale and that says everything.

petros93 repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If it were up to me?

DM - Casemiro, Camavinga
    CM - Kroos, Odegaard
    CM - Valverde, Camavinga

I would keep one of Modric, James or Isco. My preference would be James, but I would leave thst up to Zidane. I would be open to other midfield acquisitions dependent on their development as this season progresses.

Eriksen would only be an option if I know I'm selling James and Isco in the summer.

Prit Javier and HZinho repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah that looks like a great midfield, I wouldn't necessarily gamble on Camavinga in the sense I put my eggs in the basket that he'll be a fixture in the rotation right away, so it would make sense to keep Modric around as well, and cash in on the other two.

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This and if possible keep both James and not let Luka go as yet, he’d be a fantastic backup and, not having to play as many minutes, be much more fresh and ready when needed, still a fantastic player IMO

20. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I do not think we are even after him

21. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Yes sounds good, Modric would ride the bench too.

Sell Isco and get some money back

22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It is not surprising he has played considering it was start of the season and we had players missing. Context!

Look, i dont perceive the word hate. I find it dumbass. Zidane simply does not see James as corner stone like Casemiro and co. are. Plus, when given the choice Isco gets preferential treatment. That is it.

As for Bale. Zidane would pay top dollar just to get rid off Bale. Heck, i would to. :D

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No one is a corner stone like Casemiro.

It is ridiculous to say Zidane doesn't rate him when Zidane has repeated stated his importance even recently stating how we await his return.

Zidane also used him consistently when he wasn't hurt. It isn't Zidane's fault James gets injured frequently or that James has the stamina of a great grandpa.

HZinho repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO, the only conerstones, are the spine of the team Case, Toni, Sergio, Benz and I imagine Hazard must be in there, add Rafa and of course TC, everyone else has a chance to play at some point ( except Mariano) as far as I am concerned,

Now that’s 7 players, so taking into consideration the cornerstone idea alone, it would mean that ZZ doesn’t really rate most of the players on the team, which is practically the whole squad, of course we know that’s not true, I might absolutely be wrong about James, but I still think ZZ will use him this season, he can help us

Bear Crotch, Drouchk and Hsain85 repped this.
  25. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    No. And that`s why he play at Real Sociedad at the moment, but hard to guess next season on this saturday 4th of January. It depends on many factors including future signings, and most importantly player progression both for current Real Madrid players & Ødegaard for this season. :)

Digital repped this.