"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankyPanky

HankyPanky Red Card

Aug 28, 2014
    Any links of this presentation?

2. raul_elmatador

Jun 6, 2006
    Mumbai
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CivilProtection and HankyPanky repped this.
  3. kime777

kime777 Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hope he develops into something more than what I've seen in the videos of him and makes up to the club for all the catering toward him.

5. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everyone is waiting for Ødegaard

Seats in the press room fills up, no one knows exactly when it starts, and all journalists trying to obtain the best seats. Øyvind Askeland reporting from Valdebebas, where Ødegaard be presented. - It's a complete mess, says VG journalist.

The press conference has been further postponed, without there having been no information on how long the protagonists will be long in coming.

6. HankyPanky

HankyPanky Red Card

Aug 28, 2014
    Some drama before he even puts on the white shirt.

7. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hype hype everywhere :D

Digital repped this.
  8. HankyPanky

HankyPanky Red Card

Aug 28, 2014
    This punk kid is late to his own introduction.

yoanaidarov and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  9. Jehuisthere

Jehuisthere Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great coup for us with very limited downside. All the best to the kid. Hope he becomes an all-timer in our shirt.

10. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    What a Legend:D

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  11. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The combination of this knob headed translator and Martin literally repeating himself over and over is making this extremely boring.

12. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not convinced at all by this deal but hope i'm wrong and he does well.

In terms of risk I agree there is very little in terms of risk for the club, the player however..

13. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He wasn't the hardest Norwegian to understand. I think I understood most of what he was saying but as you said it didn't seem that exciting. Not surprising though as he's just a kid after all.

14. Sevens7ar

Sevens7ar Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    There's very little risk for the player as well. There is obviously a chance he will never make it into Real Madrid's starting eleven but that's hardly career-ending. Clubs one tier down will probably be happy to pick him up. One tier down from Real Madrid is still a pretty good football career. If you get a chance to sign for Real Madrid you don't turn it down to play for a lesser team. In one of the biggest clubs in the world you get to train with the best players and coaches; you can't find better conditions for improving anywhere. The lesser teams will still be there if you don't make it in Madrid.

jgun07, Romanero, Zidane05 and 3 others repped this.
  15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly. Even punks like Drenthe were extremely smart to choose Real Madrid. If you're decent, you'll end up at a good club. If this kid, who seems to have the right mentality (as most Scandinavian players), doesn't make it he'll still be able to join a club like Valencia or Spurs.

I do believe that this one is special though. Very mature for a 16 year old. Seems to be technically gifted and has fantastic vision for his age. Especially the vision part is important as that's something you either have or don't. Very excited to see how he develops.

Win-win for both parties.

16. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Every media is reporting that he's on 80000 pounds per week. That is absurd for ar 16-year old...

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah, there are a lot of good players in the top leagues that don't get that kind of money. I am not hating on the kid, he is getting what he feels he deserves. I just hope it doesn't create problems with other players that might feel slighted ie Di Maria style

18. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3.5 year contract.

[​IMG]

“Real Madrid has the best options, both from a sports point of a view and also from outside. And the best conditions. It’s a dream come true, it’s unbelievable and it’s incredible that I am ready for the best club in the world. It’s an honour.

“I describe myself as a player who likes to have the ball, I like to touch it and keep it. If Ancelotti wants to use me for the 1st team I’ll be really happy and if he doesn’t I’ll play for Castilla and I’ll be happy”

“Do I prefer Messi or Ronaldo? So far Ronaldo. Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world. Gareth Bale and Isco are amazing players.”

Even if it's true, he'll get around half of that after tax.

kime777, madridista_hr and CR7PT repped this.
  19. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Even half is too much for a 16-year old.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's special about this kid?

21. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He will play for Castilla this season but he will have the next pre-season with the 1st team, I'm not sure how this will unfold but welcome Martin and good luck!

CR7PT repped this.
  22. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Give it a rest mate. His father and him are looking out for themselves, like anybody would.

*Ahem* ... in THE biggest club in the world.

Agreed with the rest of your post though. :thumbsup:

23. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #48 CR7PT, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    He'll also be training with the first team, so it doesn't get better.
    Trains with Ancelotti and the big stars, plays for Zidane and the young stars, pre-season with the first team.

6-year contract, €2.8M fixes + €2.8M variables
    The only ones mentioning the 80,000 a week is Daily something so not sure if it's true.

[​IMG]

euon repped this.
  24. Sevens7ar

Sevens7ar Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    When his coaches, teammates and others who know him are asked what makes him so special they often point to his mentality and desire for training. Technical talent is one thing but it won't take you far if you don't have mental talent and talent for training. Aparently he has been like that since the fist time he saw a football; incredibly dedicated and focused. Most noticable on the pitch is his football IQ and the technical execution to back it up; he is a creative and intelligent player who makes things happen.

Deep Pal, Zidane05, Ahmadi8 and 7 others repped this.
  25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has an exceptionally punchable face.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.