The Norway thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Bauser, Jul 1, 2015.

1. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Thanks for that, have been wondering. Makes sense. I was strangely kind of looking forward to it in an amusement theme park house-of-thrills sort of way. I imagine the better quality first division clubs will be disappointed, they will have no inter-play with the bottom of the Toppserien table now.

We're under the third wave lockdown here which is the strictest we've been under since the start of the pandemic, and they're already talking about the possibility of a fourth wave. So even when round one kicks off it's not like everything is set in stone from that part forward. I think the good advice would be get out of the gate quickly because you never know how long the season will be.

Bauser repped this.
  2. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    So it's Deutschland - Norwegen at 16:00 CET tomorrow (Tuesday). Stream on NRK2. You can try this one or this one after kick-off.

Caro Hansen is doubtful. She has tendon problems in her foot, but has featured as normal in training sessions leading up to this game. We'll see if she gets on the field. I hope at least 45 mins.

I probably won't have it my way, but I hope Sjögren makes six changes from the Belgium game and picks this team vs Germany:

------------------------------- Utland

----- Blakstad ----------- Reiten ---------------- C. Hansen (or Sævik)

------------------------ Bøe Risa --- Engen

Woldvik ------- T. Hansen ----- Thorisdottir ---- Moe Wold

--------------------------- Fiskerstrand

Tuva Hansen and Thorisdottir are our two fastest centre-backs. We need pace in defence against Germany. Engen needs a midfield partner better than Maanum to keep the ball, so Bøe Risa must play. Blakstad is a player under big development and has more to offer on the wing than the 2021 edition of Haavi. I think Sjögren will put Blakstad on the left back instead of Woldvik and put Haavi on the left wing instead. I want Utland as lone striker instead of Sævik because she is a better box player. Sævik should be on the bench unless Caro Hansen is unavailable.

law10 and Lohmann repped this.
  3. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Friendly, Wiesbaden

Germany 3 - 1 Norway
    0-1 Guro Reiten 4
    1-1 Laura Freigang 9
    2-1 Linda Dallmann 18
    3-1 Paulina Krumbiegel 62

-------------------- Utland ------- C. Hansen

------ Reiten ------- Bøe Risa --- Engen ---- Maanum

Blakstad ------- T. Hansen ----- Thorisdottir ---- Redisch

--------------------------- Fiskerstrand

A well deserved defeat. Germany the stronger team today with better options and fresher legs on the bench, which became obvious in the second half after the third goal that killed the game. After playing 4-2-3-1 in recent games, Sjögren chose a 4-4-2 formation without true wingers, packing the central midfield with Bøe Risa, Engen and Maanum with Reiten lurking around picking up loose balls. The plan was to make it difficult for the Germans to run the game from midfield. I thought it was quite successful until Norway ran out of steam midway through the second half.

A nice Caro Hansen-Reiten combo gave Norway an early lead. Germany's equalizer shortly after was shambolic defending in the box. Inexcusably passive players afraid to knock the ball away. The other two goals were nice teamwork goals.

Ingrid Moe Wold had to go off after the warm-up and was replaced by Cecilie Redisch at right-back. Caro Hansen played 60 mins which was more than I expected. Any chance of getting back into the game disappeared when she left the field. A number of rusty Toppserien players started this game. I thought Tuva Hansen carried herself well at centre-back and Julie Blakstad, out of position, fought well at left back.

Let's hope we don't have to wait six more months for another game.

4. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Unfortunately bad timing in North America and missed it. Praying for a replay somewhere but not holding out much hope.

Great report. Norway will struggle to have the depth of Germany, at least after the mid-90's. So for them it's down to things like special players, good tactics, coaching and luck.

All these friendly games are running your horses to see who's effective and sharp. Results are secondary, I don't think five years from now many will remember who won any of these.

Great to have a mini-camp, work on the combinations and patterns, see who can stand out, who can keep up, have some laughs, etc. With the latter as important as the former.

I noticed both shots and shots on net were even. Not bad considering the opponent, the rust and lack of match play for some, health and fitness, etc.

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  5. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    After teasing with an eagerly anticipated come-back for months, Ada Hegerberg now won't make a come-back this season. According to the French media source RMC, she suffered a set-back a few weeks ago and needed more surgery. Her goal now is to be ready when the new season starts after the summer.

The full Germany - Norway game: 1st half and 2nd half.

And short highlights here:

6. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Apart from in the statistics mentioned before every single game between the same two teams (the "these two countries have played each other A times Germany have won B times and Norway C times"), there it will stay and be rembered just as a number for eternity (or at least as long as Norway and Germany exists and still play organised WoSo).

59Amerinorsk, law10 and blissett repped this.
  7. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Yes. Just for the sake of it. The teams Norway have met most often (more than 20 times) are:

53 times: Sweden .................... 22 wins, 12 draws, 19 losses
    50 times: United States ........... 19 wins, 2 draws, 29 losses
    46 times: Denmark .................. 21 wins, 13 draws, 12 losses
    42 times: (West) Germany ...... 14 wins, 7 draws, 21 losses
    34 times: Finland ..................... 23 wins, 7 draws, 4 losses
    28 times: China ....................... 16 wins, 3 draws, 9 losses
    24 times: Netherlands ............. 13 wins, 5 draws, 6 losses
    21 times: England ................... 13 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses
    21 times: France ...................... 8 wins, 7 draws, 6 losses

Other established woso countries with fewer meetings:

17 times: Italy .......................... 13 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses
    15 times: Iceland .....................9 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses
    13 times: Canada .................... 8 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses
    9 times: Japan ......................... 3 wins, 0 draws, 6 losses
    8 times: Brazil .......................... 2 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses
    7 times: Australia ..................... 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses
    5 times: Spain .......................... 4 wins, 0 draws, 1 loss

59Amerinorsk, sbahnhof, Lohmann and 3 others repped this.
  8. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Looking at efficiency from possible points against each country:

Clear disadvantage:
    33% - Japan & Brazil
    39% - Germany & USA

About even:
    49% - Sweden & France
    52% - Australia
    55% - Denmark

Noticeable edge:
    61% - China & Netherlands

Clear advantage:
    England, Iceland, Canada, Finland, Spain, Italy (Greater than 66% and less than 80%)

The statistics are weighted by the early advances Norway had on the women's game. For example, the first five games against Canada were 20-30 years ago and were all won by Norway with a whopping 27 goals for to 3 goals against. In the last decade Canada has not lost to Norway in four matches.

59Amerinorsk, Bauser and blissett repped this.
  9. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Article in Aftenposten about Klepp and their new signings starting to arrive but it's behind their paywall.

Also an updated SIlly Season for the Toppserien and Div1 here.

And some training matches scheduled starting tomorrow:

April 17
    13.00: Rosenborg – KIL/Hemne, Koteng Arena
    14.00: Amazon Grimstad – Lyn, Kjempesteinmyra nye kunstgress
    14.00: Øvrevoll Hosle – Fart, Ferd arena Hosle
    14.00: Røa – Hønefoss, Røa kunstgress
    16.30: Vålerenga – Grei, Intility Arena

April 18
    13.00: Åsane – Sandviken, Myrdal stadion

April 20
    16.00: Vålerenga – Røa, Intility Arena
    17.15: Lyn – Stabæk, Kringsjå kunstgress

April 24
    14.00: Øvrevoll Hosle – Lyn, Ferd arena Hosle
    15.00: Sandviken – Klepp
    Vålerenga – Rosenborg, Intility Arena

April 25
    Lyn – Grei, Kringsjå kunstgress

May 1
    15.00: Vålerenga – Lyn, Intility Arena
    15.00: LSK Kvinner – Rosenborg
    16.00: Amazon Grimstad – Fart, Kjempesteinmyra nye kunstgress
    16.00: Avaldsnes – Sandviken

May 8
    15.00: Vålerenga – LSK Kvinner, Intility Arena
    15.00: Sandviken – Arna-Bjørnar, Stemmemyren

May 11
    16.15: Vålerenga – Stabæk, Intility Arena

May 15
    12.00: LSK Kvinner – Kolbotn
    14.30: Amazon Grimstad – Klepp, Kvinesdal stadion
    Vålerenga – Rosenborg

10. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Finally some friendlies to report from. Three Toppserien clubs faced opposition from the second league today.

Rosenborg 4 - 1 KIL Hemne
    1-0 Cesilie Andreassen
    1-1 Mari Smevold
    2-1 Sara Fornes
    3-1 Emilie Lein
    4-1 Emilie Joramo

Rosenborg played without the quarantined internationals Julie Blakstad, Lisa-Marie Utland, Emilie Bragstad and the injured Kristine Minde.

Vålerenga 7 - 0 Grei
    1-0 Ingibjörg Sigurdardottir
    2-0 Elise Thorsnes (pen)
    3-0 Elise Thorsnes
    4-0 Dejana Stefanovic (pen)
    5-0 Synne Jensen
    6-0 Celin Bizet Ildhusøy
    7-0 Rikke Madsen

Vålerenga took advantage of the covid-19 paragraph in UEFA's rulebook and kept all their players at home during the international week. Solid opening win.

Amazon Grimstad 1 - 2 Lyn
    1-0 unknown scorer (pen)
    1-1 Laura Gashi
    1-2 Kristin Haugstad

----

Btw, Norway have now arranged another away friendly. This time against Sweden in Kalmar on June 10.

59Amerinorsk and law10 repped this.
  11. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Last year there were a fair amount of first division games streamed and I was impressed with the top half of the table. On their day they looked like they could jam a better opponent, not on their day though they're a walk in the park.

I also remember watching Linderud-Grei a couple times at home maybe a decade ago. Beautiful venue with the rock wall opposite the pitch but they had a micro-managing screamer behind the bench and his voice just echoed off it.

I imagine Martin Sjögren has good connections throughout Sweden and once they get there it will be a fantastic experience. But it's a bit of a slog of a drive. Thank God tablets and the internet revolutionized long-distance transportation.

12. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    I mentioned Kristine Minde was injured a few days ago when Rosenborg played a warm-up match. She is actually pregnant with the baby due in October, so she will not be available all season.

Two other warm-up matches played today:

Lyn 1 - 1 Stabæk
    0-1 Linn Huseby
    1-1 Laura Gashi

Vålerenga 2 - 2 Røa
    0-1 Nadia Pinto
    1-1 Elise Thorsnes
    1-2 Mathilde Harviken
    2-2 Janni Thomsen

Røa, now in the second league after relegation last season, impressed against the champions who were very inefficient on the day. Highlights:

13. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Røa are playing training matches against four Toppserien teams and two first division. Next up after Vålerenga is a West Oslo derby this weekend against Stabæk, followed by Amazon Grimstad, Kolbotn, Øvrevoll Hosle and Lyn. It will be interesting to see if they can go the distance and get back up.

It will also be interesting to see how Stabæk do up a level, it's going to be a tough league this season. Going by 2020 placings:

Vålerenga
    Rosenborg
    Avaldsnes
    Sandviken
    LSK Kvinner
    Lyn
    Klepp
    Arna-Bjørnar
    Kolbotn
    Stabæk

If Stabæk and Lyn avoid the drop, that means another long-term resident will be moving house.

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Some news from the Norwegian player in England, I got told that Kristine Leine will leave reading and go back home this Summer.

Also I attended many West Ham game recently as Arsenal don't let me in. Cecilie Redisch play as a wing back in West Ham 3-4-2-1 system, she seems a very nice person, always smiling on the pitch.

15. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Both these players are fringe players in the Norway squad. Sometimes they're in, sometimes not. They both played in this last international week though. Redisch is a qualified nurse. Leine was on her way to become one too, but was forced to quit because she couldn't combine studies with football. It became a major news story in Norway a couple of years ago. I've also picked up some news that she is heading home to Norway. Rosenborg are the club she is linked to. They are rumoured to be approaching her with a full time pro contract. We'll see how it develops.

16. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    I read the other day that Rosenberg were looking to sign a fourth full time player, and the strong suggestion was it was her. I can't remember who played alongside Emilie Bragstad last season but if it goes down they're probably moving wide or further up the pitch.

If I remember right the story about Leine focused around her school not giving any quarter for her national team scheduling.

17. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Almost forgot, I read a quote from Hege Jørgensen where she purposely referred to the Toppserien as Europe's most competitive league.

18. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    It was mostly Ina Vårhus. She will likely feature together with Bragstad again this season.

The quote I read from her was "Europas jevneste liga" which is better translated to the league with smallest gap of quality from top to bottom. I guess competitive could also be used as well, but some nuances are lost in translation with that word. I seriously doubt she thinks Toppserien is the very best league in Europe. :coffee:

19. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    I took it as smallest gap as well. I think given the super league conversations this week she was quite proud of the competitiveness within the league as a sign of good health and wanted to promote it.

Cup and League schedule for 2021 if all systems go ahead as planned:

Code:
    May 22 (League-1)
    May 29 (League-2)
    Jun 05 (League-3)
    Jun 19 (League-4)
    Jun 26 (League-5)
    Jun 30 (League-6)
    Jul 03 (League-7)
    Jul 10 (League-8)
    Jul 17 (League-9)
    Aug 04 (Cup-1)
    Aug 07 (League-10)
    Aug 11 (Cup-2)
    Aug 14 (League-11)
    Aug 25 (Cup-3)
    Aug 28 (League-12)
    Sep 04 (League-13)
    Sep 11 (Cup Quarter)
    Sep 25 (League-14)
    Oct 02 (Cup Semi)
    Oct 09 (League-15)
    Oct 16 (League-16)
    Oct 31 (Cup Final)
    Nov 06 (League-17)
    Nov 13 (League-18)

20. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    A bunch of friendlies today:

Øvrevoll Hosle 0 - 2 Lyn
    0-1 Una Søyland
    0-2 Sofie Tunes

Sandviken 6 - 0 Åsane
    1-0 Marthine Østenstad
    2-0 Vilde Bøe Risa
    3-0 Kennya Cordner
    4-0 Maria Brochmann
    5-0 Maria Brochmann
    6-0 Maria Brochmann

Sandviken always look strong in pre-season, but can they go the full distance this time? Today also bolstered by a guest appearance from Vilde Bøe Risa back home in Bergen as her search for a new club abroad continues. Sandviken have two other new Norway NT signings, Tuva Hansen (new captain) and Elisabeth Terland. On paper they should now be title contenders, at least strong outsiders.

Avaldsnes 0 - 1 Arna Bjørnar
    0-1 own goal

Røa 1 - 1 Stabæk
    1-0 Tuva Espås
    1-1 Justine Kielland

Medkila 1 - 0 Tromsø 2020
    1-0 Kim Dolstra (pen)

Rosenborg 4 - 0 KIL Hemne
    1-0 Celine Nergård
    2-0 Emilie Bragstad
    3-0 Julie Blakstad
    4-0 Sara Fornes

Because of travel restrictions between different regions, Rosenborg's match against Vålerenga was cancelled, and they instead chose to play another game against KIL Hemne from the same Trøndelag region. This time the national team players were eligible after serving quarantine. Two of them added their names on the score-sheet.

law10 and 59Amerinorsk repped this.
  21. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Caroline Graham Hansen was good today in the UWCL semi against PSG. Like really, really, really good. She owned whoever she was up against on the right side today. Over, and over, and over. It will be interesting to see what PSG do next weekend to try and neutralize it.

22. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    TV coverage for the first eight rounds has been announced:

Vålerenga – Avaldsnes, Saturday 22 - May @ 17.00 on NRK1
    Rosenborg – Kolbotn, Saturday 29 - May @ 16.00 on NRK1
    Stabæk – Sandviken, Saturday 5 - June @ 16.00 on NRK1
    Rosenborg – Avaldsnes, Sunday 20 - June @ 16.00 on NRK1
    Arna-Bjørnar – Sandviken, Friday 25 - June @ 20.00 on NRK2
    Sandviken – LSK Kvinner, Wednesday 30 - June @ 18.00 on NRK2
    Vålerenga – Rosenborg, Sunday 4 - July @ 20.00 on NRK2
    Lyn – Rosenborg, Saturday 10 - July @ 16.00 on NRK1

Televised matches by team:

2 - Vålerenga
    4 - Rosenborg
    2 - Avaldsnes
    3 - Sandviken
    1 - LSK Kvinner
    1 - Lyn
    0 - Klepp
    1 - Arna-Bjørnar
    1 - Kolbotn
    1 - Stabæk

Klingo3034 and sbahnhof repped this.
  23. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Vilde Bøe Risa has signed a one year contract with Sandviken with a release clause. Corona has made it difffcult for her to travel around to the club(s) who have shown interest in her, so she will stay in Norway for now to keep up the match fitness - and strengthen Sandviken's midfield a great deal.

law10 repped this.
  24. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Sandviken have been fourth in the league for three years in a row now and it looks like they're making a play for more consistency and competing for a medal.

Seem to remember the article I was reading was saying it was unlikely because of corona but linking Bøe Risa with ManU.

sbahnhof repped this.
  25. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Yes, Sandviken published a strategy plan for the next three seasons on their website the other day. Continuously top three in Toppserien and Champions League are the targets. Looking at Sandviken's squad, they are the silly season winners this winter.

No major players left the team after last season, and they have signed three players currently in the Norway squad (Bøe Risa, Terland, Hansen). They have infact 8-9 players who are either capped for Norway or in the fringe zone of being selected. Finishing fourth again or lower must be a failure for them.

Btw, a fresh team photo from this week:

Top row from left: Vilde Hasund, Kristina Grøndal, Guro Bergsvand, Ingrid Spord, Maria Brochmann, Marthine Østenstad, Rakel Engesvik, Ingrid Stenevik and Ingrid Ryland.

Middle row from left: Vilde Bøe Risa, Lisa Naalsund, Elisabeth Terland, Vilde Veglo, Ida Holm Neset, Elise Kvinge and Marit Bratberg Lund.

Front row from left: Kennya Cordner, Mathilde Sangolt, Sandra Stavenes, Alexander Straus (coach), Oda Bogstad, Nora Ferstad and Tuva Hansen.

[​IMG]

flax, law10 and sbahnhof repped this.