The Norway thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Bauser, Jul 1, 2015.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, ok, sorry for the mistake. I was under the impression that she had played DF at the WWC vs England, but I was probably remembering wrong.

2. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    It's now official! Norway's biggest football club have a women's team: Trondheims-Ørn become Rosenborg. T-Ørn's yellow/blue kits are changed to Rosenborg's white/black. I wonder what this will do to the dynamics of the league. I can't imagine Rosenborg want to settle for second string players in the Norwegian market, which has been the case with T-Ørn in recent years. Interesting times ahead for sure.

59Amerinorsk and blissett repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1778 hotjam2, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Good to see Thorisdottir back from injury, but getting playing time on the current super hot, Chelsea, will be another story as you the train of thought on the starting lineup would be ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’.
    Engen was once again a monster at DM for Wolfsburg last Friday vs the 2nd place Hoffenheim, plus showed her playmaking chops when moving up in the attack as her team dominated the game. Shame though, Minde simply don’t get playing time at WOB even though she had goal scoring streak in the early part of last season.
    Remembering Eikeland for Reading one game; she was obviously assigned to mark Arsenal’s Beth Mead, and did it do well as to frustrate Beth into a poor game as well as plucking up a yellow. Unfortunately Utland(from Reading) has only 1 goal to her credit all season long, which(if she is the starting central striker for NT) Norway might have some scoring problems up front(since Caro’s best at being winger rather than direct), but as mentioned already, Mjelde & Reiten both playing superbly for Chelsea(probably the hottest club in the world right now)

Looking forward to seeing Norway play at Algarve, but if Germany's pups, Oberdorf & Buhl, have become the new Caro & Ada(who as18 year olds, double handedily brought Norway all the way into the Euro finals), it might be over for all of Europe for this decade(as they got the way deeper support squad than Norway had back in 2013)

59Amerinorsk and Bauser repped this.
  4. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    A bunch of Toppserien clubs are at La Manga this week for pre-season camp. There will be held a number of friendlies. Two played so far:

Avaldsnes 1 - 1 LSK Kvinner
    Norheim 78(p) - Eide Lie 40

Sandviken 1 - 0 Rosenborg
    Cordner 36

59Amerinorsk, sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  5. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Three more friendlies at La Manga yesterday:

Lyn 1 - 2 Avaldsnes
    Søyland - Decker, Norheim

Røa 4 - 0 Klepp
    Holum, Huseby, Aabel, Terry

LSK Kvinner 3 - 0 Kolbotn
    Nautnes, Wilmann, Brenn

sbahnhof and 59Amerinorsk repped this.
  6. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Two more friendlies at La Manga today:

Arna Bjørnar 0 - 0 Rosenborg

Sandviken 3 - 0 Vålerenga
    Cordner 9, Brochmann 16, Veglo 90

Vålerenga haven't looked very impressive so far this winter under new coach Jack Jensen, and today they were close to full strength with all their internationals. The season kick-off is a month away, but there is obviously still a lot to work on for them.

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  7. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Two changes in Norway's Algarve Cup squad: Stine Hovland and Synne Skinnes Hansen are injured. They are replaced by Stine Reinås and Therese Åsland.

Norway have arranged to meet the Netherlands away in a friendly in Doetinchem on the 9th of June.

8. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    comments from Norway coach re: Netherlands upcoming friendly (from NFF web site):
    Following the European Championship qualifier against the Faroe Islands on Åråsen on June 5, the football girls travel to the Netherlands to play against the World Cup finalist.

- We always want to meet the best opponents, so getting tested against the Netherlands is very nice and important. They won the European Championships in 2017 and became second in the World Cup last year, so that is one of the very best we can meet. It is a team we know well and have met several times in recent years, most recently when we beat them in the World Cup qualifiers. We are looking forward to a new fight against them, says national team manager Martin Sjögren.

So the last time the teams met was in the final match of the World Cup qualification in 2018, when Norway won 2-1 at the Intiliy Arena and secured the World Cup.

The match will be played on June 9 at 7.30pm in Doetinchem.

9. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Algarve Cup (quarter-final)

Norway 2 - 1 Denmark
    0-1 Pernille Harder 7
    1-1 Elise Thorsnes 13
    2-1 Synne Jensen 90+3

----------------------------------- Elise Thorsnes

Amalie Eikeland ------------ Guro Reiten---------------- Karina Sævik

--------------------------- Ingrid Engen --- Rikke Nygard

Anja Sønstevold -- Maria Thorisdottir -- Maren Mjelde -- Ingrid Moe Wold

-------------------------------- Cecilie Fiskerstrand

Substitutions
    61 min - Kristine Minde for Anja Sønstevold
    61 min - Frida Maanum for Rikke Nygard
    61 min - Lisa Marie Utland for Elise Thorsnes
    61 min - Vilde Bøe Risa for Maria Thorisdottir
    84 min - Synne Jensen for Amalie Eikeland

I've not seen the full game, but judged by highlights it seems Norway won on a mediocre day. Denmark had some big chances too. The players only had one training session together after four months away from each other, so I guess a top class performance was too much to ask today. Caro Hansen had minor problems with her thigh on the warm-up and decided not to play, but will try to be fit for the semi-final game against Germany on Saturday.

Highlights:

10. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Norway are up against Germany in the semi-final on Saturday. Interesting and challenging. It's been a while since we last met them. November 2016, a 1-1 draw in Chemnitz in a friendly. And before that, another 1-1 draw in the group stage at the Canada World Cup.

I wonder how Sjögren will approach that game. I'm sensing he will go with a formation like against France in the World Cup last summer with Caro Hansen as a lone striker and five players behind her in midfield with quick feet and good defensive work rate. We certainly need Caro back in full fitness against the Germans. I'm guessing Eikeland out for Thorsnes at left midfield and Sønstevold out for Kristine Minde at left back. Will the teeniebopper Rikke Nygard in midfield get a new chance, or will the more experienced Vilde Bøe Risa come in? I believe Sjögren will continue to test Nygard also against world class opposition. She did well against Denmark.

---------------------------------------- Caro Hansen

------ Elise Thorsnes ------------ Guro Reiten---------------- Karina Sævik

--------------------------- Ingrid Engen --- Rikke Nygard

Kristine Minde -- Maria Thorisdottir -- Maren Mjelde -- Ingrid Moe Wold

----------------------------------- Cecilie Fiskerstrand

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why turn the best right side winger in the world today into a centralized player?

only game I could watch yesterday, and yet perhaps maybe spoiled by all the. recent Chelsea matches I’ve seen lately(a squad that’s covered by superstars from head to toe)but it looked very 2nd tier instead.
    Perhaps it was that Caro didn’t play, but Staevek must of gotten 3 times behind enemy lines, only to flop the final shot/I’ve seen 6 year olds able to side step & beat the GK! lol.
    At least Norway had enough stars to cover for the missing Caro, but Denmark is basically a ‘one man army’, so why in earth would they pull Pernille out so early on when it was a do it die, elimination game with it going straight to shootout after 90 minutes?(as I understand the Algarve rules).
    So Norway still got the balanced skill set; superb technical, Mjelde & Reiten, physically strong Thorisdottir & Engen and still got to admit, the blazingly fast Staevik. But don’t think it’s enough to overcome such a deep & disciplined squad like Germany

12. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    What happened to Carol Hansen? Too bad Ada doesn’t play for them anymore. Could have change the dynamics of Euros or Olympics or even the World Cup.

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  13. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    Ada is out injured for an extended time period now ; she did play in the 2017 Euro (Norway had an awful Euro) ; would've be nice to have Ada in the WWC - Norway were impressive until they ran out of steam in the QF against a quality England side - Ada could've made a very good Norway run even better ; see above in Bauser post - Caro had a thigh concern and was left off the Denmark game roster ; Denmark has Nadim too but out injured I understand.

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    German coach Martina Voss-Tecklenburg will start 11 different players against Norway compared to the game against Sweden. Norway should be the favourite for this match.

15. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    German team is deep so it doesn’t matter.

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No matter how good they are, it be hard for 11 new players to get chemistry if this their first game together . But with the current lack of interest in Germany in her NT, why doesn’t MVT just try & win this tourney? Otherwise what’s left out for the next year?(except playing all those weak Eastern Euro qualifier squads)

Lohmann repped this.
  17. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Algarve Cup (Semi-final)

Germany 4 - 0 Norway
    1-0 Lea Schüller 20
    2-0 Johanna Elsig 26
    3-0 Ingrid Engen 60 (o.g.)
    4-0 Marina Hegering 71

Ouch. Norway's biggest defeat since 2009. An embarrassing performance against the German reserves and three goals coming from corners. I've not seen the match, so I'm only going by reports. I'm baffled by the starting line-up. Engen as centre-back and two off-season midfielders in the engine room (Bøe Risa and Maanum). Algarve is a test tournament, but still.. They need to strike back from this in the third game.

---------------------------------------- Caro Hansen

--- Amalie Eikeland ------------ Guro Reiten---------------- Karina Sævik

--------------------------- Frida Maanum --- Vilde Bøe Risa

Kristine Minde -- Maria Thorisdottir -- Ingrid Engen -- Ingrid Moe Wold

Substitutions:
    46 min - Elise Thorsnes for Amalie Eikeland
    62 min - Tuva Hansen for Maria Thorisdottir
    74 min - Emilie Woldvik (debut!) for Ingrid Moe Wold
    78 min - Anja Sønstevold for Karina Sævik

59Amerinorsk, blissett and Lohmann repped this.
  18. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    I agree - did not seem Norway were going for the win (does not mean they would've won anyway). No Utland nor Jensen to start (or perhaps Thorsnes). Hansen is more effective NOT being up top, IMHO. Well, it should be a learning experience. Norway are a better team than the results show, of course. Hopefully they will take out their frustrations on N.Z. and at least get a bronze medal. Italy is brilliant at times and one of my favorite teams (WWC 2019 showed their potential).

19. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Algarve Cup (3rd/4th place play-off match)

Norway 2 - 1 New Zealand
    0-1 Hannah Wilkinson 10
    1-1 Synne Jensen 14
    2-1 Caroline Hansen 86

Third place to Norway (after winning it last year) was a nice ending to this year's Algarve Cup. Norway had to come from behind yet again, and just like against Denmark managed to turn it around and score a winner towards the end. Caro Hansen scored her 38th goal for Norway (equalling Ada Hegerberg btw). Synne Jensen scored yet again and must have strengthened her chances to be a regular member of the squad from now on. Hope to see the game in full on Youtube sooner or later.

-------------------------------------- Synne Jensen

--- Guro Reiten ------------ Caroline Hansen ---------------- Karina Sævik

--------------------------- Frida Maanum --- Ingrid Engen

Kristine Minde -- Maria Thorisdottir -- Maren Mjelde -- Ingrid Moe Wold

Substitutions:
    61 min - Vilde Bøe Risa for Frida Maanum
    61 min - Elise Thorsnes for Synne Jensen
    69 min - Lisa Marie Utland for Karina Sævik

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  20. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    59Amerinorsk, blissett and Lohmann repped this.
  21. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    NZ #24 beaten for both goals and a hot slow mess.

sbahnhof and 59Amerinorsk repped this.
  22. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    I've underestimated Synne Jensen's pace. Her long legs can easily deceive you. She is quicker than she sometimes looks. She covers a lot of ground per step even if the frequency isn't the highest. Just like a Norwegian moose. :p

blissett and 59Amerinorsk repped this.
  23. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Because of the Corona virus, kick-off in Toppserien 2020 is temporarily postponed from March 21st to April 15th. It could be delayed even further. We'll see how things develop. The situation is not under control at the moment.

sbahnhof, 59Amerinorsk and blissett repped this.
  24. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    NFF have announced kick-off for the men's league season on June 16. Women's Toppserien will follow some time in mid July. The date is not yet finalized. I suspect it will be a league season with fewer fixtures than planned, but nice to see that football will resume, even if it is without fans.

59Amerinorsk, blissett and sbahnhof repped this.
  25. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    NFF decided today on a preliminary kick-off date for Toppserien 2020: Saturday, July 11th. But there is an ongoing debate about a possible earlier start if medical and financial requirements are in place.

The much anticipated new league system with a top four championship play-offs will be cancelled this year. Instead it will be a straight forward league system with ten clubs (18 matchdays in total) and relegation for the club finishing in 10th place. 9th place will go to relegation play-off with the second best team at level two.