The Norway thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Bauser, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Algarve Cup
    Australia vs Norway 4-3
    0-1 Elise Thorsnes 11
    1-1 Clare Polkinghorne 13
    2-1 Chloe Logarzo 24
    3-1 Samantha Kerr 31
    3-2 Lisa Marie Utland 52
    3-3 Elise Thorsnes 61 (pen)
    4-3 Larissa Crummer 94

Line-up: Ingrid Hjelmseth - Ingrid Moe Wold, Ina Gausdal, Maria Thorisdottir, Kristine Minde - Guro Reiten (Emilie Haavi 85), Ingvild Isaksen (Ingrid Spord 67), Vilde Bøe Risa (Ingrid Engen 46), Caroline Hansen - Lisa-Marie Utland (Synne Jensen 67), Elise Thorsnes (Ingrid Ryland 85)

Some crap defensive work in this game. Defence used to be a strong part of the Norway teams, but two of these goals conceded against Australia are just appalling to look at. How could they not get the ball away there in injury time with so many players in the box? Unbelieveable.

Goals:

59Amerinorsk and blissett repped this.
  2. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Maren Mjelde. For the first time ever, the World Cup star is permanently added above the NFF badge. For some weird reason, Norway's WNT have avoided using the star in matches other than during World Cups.

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Always wondered about that too. Maybe it's "embarassing" for NFF that the women actually wear a star and not the men..? :p

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  6. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Toppserien 2018 kicks off on Saturday:

24 Mar: Sandviken vs Kolbotn (2:00pm)
    24 Mar: Klepp vs Arna Bjørnar (3:00pm)
    24 Mar: Grand Bodø vs Trondheims-Ørn (3:00pm)
    24 Mar: Røa vs Lyn (3:00pm)
    24 Mar: Vålerenga vs LSK Kvinner (NRK1 television)
    (Stabæk vs Avaldsnes is postponed to May 1st.)

No live stream on Youtube this season. Every match is broadcasted behind a paywall on the Amedia outlets. I hope at least there will be highlights posted on Youtube from every game, otherwise I won't bother with detailed round-ups. I got no reply when I e-mailed NFF about this at the end of last season.

This season's clubs and their outfits:

kickoff2018.jpg

Top row from left: Trondheims-Ørn (Julie Adserø), LSK Kvinner (Ingrid Moe Wold), Stabæk (Ingrid Hjelmseth), Grand Bodø (Siiri Välimaa), Kolbotn (Ina Gausdal) and Vålerenga (Sherida Spitse).
    Bottom row from left: Klepp (Elisabeth Terland), Arna Bjørnar (Maria Brochmann), Sandviken (Ingrid Spord), Avaldsnes (Andreia Rosa), Lyn (Joanna Bækkelund) and Røa (Kirvil Odden).

Nettavisen has predicted the outcome of Toppserien:

Vålerenga
    LSK Kvinner
    Klepp
    Avaldsnes
    Stabæk
    Arna Bjørnar
    Trondheims-Ørn
    Røa
    Sandviken
    Lyn
    Kolbotn
    Grand Bodø

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sob, Good Luck. The same day Nadeshiko League finally gets full live coverage for free, Toppserien hides behind a paywall. :unsure:

Apparently, Polar Circle's teams never get much respect in predictions! :p

8. fanosoccer

fanosoccer Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Does anyone know how I can get a subscription to watch the games from the U.S? Thanks

9. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Amedia's English site isn't very useful, but their publications are listed here. Opening it in Chrome and using the auto-translate (or with another browser and a translation plugin) may or may not render the page legible.

I'm not sure if they'll accept payment from foreign credit cards, but if they do, here's how you sign up:
    1. Click one of the papers in the above link
    2. Get to the paper's homepage by clicking the link under 'Hjemmeside' in the bottom left of the next page
    3. Click 'Bli Abonnent!' at the top right at the homepage click your way through the sign-up-process
    4. Pick the top option (5 weeks for NOK 5,-). This works out to less than a dollar/euro for five weeks
    5. Not positive this will work, but worth a try: before five weeks have passed, cancel the subscription. Then, when the subscription expires, go to step 1 and pick a different paper; they'll remember your account so the signing-up-process should be easier this time.
    If step 5 actually works (and keeps working) you should be able to get the whole season for less than ten bucks. FWIW I used the 5-week-thing with two different papers last year and they didn't complain.

10. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Of course, if you have money to burn and don't want to bother with point 5 you can always stay signed up to one paper. In that case the obvious Best Option is Bergensavisen:
    upload_2018-3-23_21-17-26.png

11. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Toppserien kicks off tomorrow Saturday. The captains were asked four questions each about the upcoming season (all players are in the picture a few posts above):

1. What are your team's ambitions and goals this season?
    2. Who will finish top 3?
    3. Which team(s) will surprise?
    4. Who are the hottest candidates for Player of the Year?

- o - o - o - o - o -

Elisabeth Terland (Klepp)
    1. We did well last year and hope to take further steps this season. One game at a time.
    2. Vålerenga and LSK will be up there. We hope to be too.
    3. Tight. Many teams can surprise.
    4. Many top players at Vålerenga. Sherida Spitse and Isabell Herlovsen are two of them. Tameka Butt had a very good season at my club. I believe in her this season.

Ina Gausdal (Kolbotn)
    1. We want to improve from last season (10th place) both in terms of position on the table and the way we play.
    2. I believe 1 LSK, 2 Vålerenga and 3 Avaldsnes.
    3. Arna Bjørnar can surprise.
    4. Many. Spitse and Herlovsen. Guro Reiten is likely to be strong, as well as Ingrid Engen. At my club I think Karina Sævik.

Maria Brochmann (Arna Bjørnar)
    1. It will be a tight season. Our goal is top 3.
    2. 1 LSK, 2 Vålerenga and 3 Arna Bjørnar
    3. It will be a surprise if we are top 3, but I believe several teams can surprise. Lyn can pick up many points.
    4. A fit Vilde Bøe Risa will be a big profile. Guro Reiten was strong last season.

Andreia Rosa (Avaldsnes)
    1. We've signed some promising players and we want to challenge for the title. We've been close many seasons now without pulling it off.
    2. 1 Avaldsnes, 2 Vålerenga, 3 LSK Kvinner
    3. Klepp are a tough team to play against. They might even challenge for top 3.
    4. I hope Luana here at Avaldsnes. She was our best player last season, and I hope she continues on that path.

Ingrid Moe Wold (LSK Kvinner)
    1. Our ambition is to win the title. With our record, it would be stupid to set the bar lower. But it will be tough. Many good teams this year.
    2. It won't be only us and Vålerenga. Arna Bjørnar look very good. 1 LSK Kvinner, 2 Arna Bjørnar, 3 Vålerenga.
    3. I think Sandviken can be a big surprise. Exciting squad and new signings. And since I had Arna Bjørnar on second place, that qualifies as a surprise too, I guess.
    4. Sherida Spitse is back in Norway. She could have played in a bigger league, so Toppserien is lucky to have her here. And Guro Reiten of course. She hasn't faded since last year, that's for sure.

Kirvil Odden (Røa)
    1. Our goal is top 3 and cup final appearance. Which means cup winners of course.
    2. We should be up there. LSK will be. May be Avaldsnes and Vålerenga.
    3. Stabæk have lost many players, but might still surprise.
    4. Haven't thought much about that. Guro Reiten was very good last year and probably will this year also.

Joanna Bækkelund (Lyn)
    1. To establish ourselves in Toppserien and develop further as a team.
    2. 1 Vålerenga, 2 Avaldsnes, 3 LSK
    3. I think Arna Bjørnar. They look fresh and well-drilled. Much the same squad over many years now. I was really impressed by them at La Manga.
    4. Guro Reiten has proved to be an excellent player. Sherida Spitse too. Many teams have central players who can pull their teams through when needed.

Ingrid Hjelmseth (Stabæk)
    1. We haven't set a specific goal, but I believe a top 5 position is within reach with our current squad. That will be a good performance.
    2. 1 LSK, 2 Vålerenga, 3 Arna-Bjørnar
    3. I think Trondheims-Ørn and Klepp can be a handful for many teams. Klepp showed last year they could create problems against top teams. Ørn have improved over the winter, they looked good at La Manga.
    4. Difficult question, but I think Sherida Spitse will challenge for that prize. She has qualities like few others in Toppserien. For Norway, I hope Guro Reiten continues where she left off.

Julie Adserø (Trondheims-Ørn)
    1. Our target is top 4. We want to be cautiously optimistic. Mid-table is usually tight. We had 4th-5th place within reach until the very end last season, but a few games meant we dropped further down.
    2. 1 LSK, 2 Avaldsnes, 3 Vålerenga
    3. I hope we can. Or may be Lyn.
    4. Sherida Spitse is a very good player who dominated at LSK some years ago. I believe she will make her mark again.

Siiri Välimaa (Grand Bodø)
    1. Better than last season. We want to secure the Toppserien contract and avoid relegation play-offs and establish ourselves in the league.
    2. 1 LSK, 2 Vålerenga. It's very hard to pick the third team.
    3. I think Klepp can surprise. They've been good a couple of years now.
    4. Guro Reiten looks good this year. Emilie Haavi has been over several seasons. All teams have their stand-out players who can shine.

Sherida Spitse (Vålerenga)
    1. We want to challenge for titles, that's why I came here, but there are many other good teams in the league.
    2. I don't want to guess, it will be tight.
    3. I don't have sufficient knowledge about the other teams to have a guess.
    4. I don't know.

Ingrid Spord (Sandviken)
    1. Our goal is top 6. We have a new team and will build slowly.
    2. LSK and Vålerenga for sure. Don't know the third. It could be anyone, why not Sandviken?
    3. Sandviken can surprise.
    4. I believe Sherida Spitse at Vålerenga. I played with her at LSK, she is a very good player.

12. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    What an opening day of Toppserien 2018! It can only be summed up by this emo: :eek:

LSK's demolition of title challengers Vålerenga, including a goal from almost the half-way line by Reiten, newly promoted Lyn's away win at their fellow ski club neighbours Røa, and no-hopers Grand Bodø winning an opening game, made this opening day very memorable. And thankfully, we have Youtube highlights of every game also this season, despite the paywall on live matches. :thumbsup:

Sandviken vs Kolbotn 0-1
    0-1 Marit B. Lund 19

Røa vs Lyn 1-2
    0-1 Camilla Linberg 28
    0-2 Jenny R. Olsen 36
    1-2 Vilde Bratland 90

Grand Bodø vs Trondheims-Ørn 2-1
    1-0 Melisa Hasanbegovic 58
    1-1 Julie Adserø 69
    2-1 Maiken Bakke 90

Klepp vs Arna Bjørnar 1-2
    0-1 Lisa Naalsund 42
    0-2 Lisa Naalsund 53
    1-2 Hege Hansen 71

Vålerenga vs LSK Kvinner 0-5
    0-1 Ingrid S. Engen 5
    0-2 Sophie Haug 52
    0-3 Guro Reiten 62
    0-4 Sophie Haug 64
    0-5 Guro Reiten 72

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Should Grand Bodø manage to stay in Toppserien and Medkila win promotion from Division 2, we could have once again two Polar Circle teams in Toppserien! :)

Ok, I am running too much ahead with my imagination! :laugh:

14. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    I fear Medkila might get in trouble also at Level 2. Their pre-season friendlies haven't hinted about a comeback in Toppserien. Some of Medkila's best players have been picked up by Toppserien clubs this winter. Anja Rasmussen is now at Kolbotn and Louise Normann is at Lyn. We have to wait until mid-April for kick-off at Level 2.

15. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    World Cup qualifier:
    Northern Ireland vs Norway 0-3
    0-1 Caroline G. Hansen 61
    0-2 Caroline G. Hansen 87
    0-3 Isabell Herlovsen 90+3

Line-up (4-4-2): Ingrid Hjelmseth - Ingrid Moe Wold, Maria Thorisdottir (Kristine Leine 88), Maren Mjelde (c), Kristine Minde - Caroline G. Hansen (Emilie Haavi 90), Frida Maanum, Ingrid Syrstad Engen, Guro Reiten - Isabell Herlovsen, Elise Thorsnes (Lisa Marie Utland 85)

It took an hour to break down the Northern Irish team after much possession and countless corners. The game was played on an atrocious pitch in Portadown. The field may have looked green and good on television, but was very uneven and difficult to play on. Thankfully the goals came in the second half. Caro's second was a beauty! I can't remember if Norway ever have fielded two teenagers as central midfield partnership in a World Cup qualifier before. We did tonight with Frida Maanum and Ingrid Syrstad Engen.

Next up are two games against the Republic of Ireland within four days in June.

Goals tonight:

blissett and 59Amerinorsk repped this.
  16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    nice video clip of Caro in action vs N. Ireland. Looking at the lineup though, it's a shame the coach don't believe in using Thorisdottir in a more attacking spot instead at CB

17. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    A little late, but here are the results of Matchday 2 of Toppserien last weekend. Vålerenga are supposed to be title challengers this year, but have flopped so far. An interesting start to the season with some clubs doing better than expected.

Vålerenga vs Kolbotn 2-3
    0-1 Julie Hoff Klæboe 29
    0-2 Karina Sævik 33
    0-3 Karina Sævik 58
    1-3 Victoria Ludvigsen 61
    2-3 Anne Lise Olsen 86

Grand Bodø vs Avaldsnes 0-1
    0-1 Hanna Dahl 54

Sandviken vs Trondheims-Ørn 3-1
    1-0 Stine Hovland 15
    2-0 Kennya Cordner 23
    2-1 Julie Adserø 30(pen)
    3-1 Kennya Cordner 68

Røa vs LSK Kvinner 2-5
    0-1 Sophie Haug 2
    0-2 Sophie Haug 23
    0-3 Synne Skinnes Hansen 40
    1-3 Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir 47
    2-3 Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir 52
    2-4 Emilie Haavi 83
    2-5 Sophie Haug 90

Stabæk vs Arna Bjørnar 2-2
    1-0 Jordan Jesolva 31
    1-1 Lisa Naalsund 49
    2-1 Kelly Fitzgerald 63
    2-2 Emilie Nautnes 66

Klepp vs Lyn 3-2
    0-1 Linn Huseby 3
    0-2 Mimmi Löfwenius 56
    1-2 Hanne Kogstad 73
    2-2 Elisabeth Terland 90
    3-2 Hege Hansen 90+3

toppserien2018_02.jpg

TOP SCORERS
    6 - Sophie Haug (LSK Kvinner)
    5 - Lisa Naalsund (Arna Bjørnar)
    4 - Guro Reiten (LSK Kvinner)
    3 - Julie Adserø (Trondheims-Ørn)
    2 - Isabell Bachor (LSK Kvinner)
    2 - Synne Skinnes Hansen (LSK Kvinner)
    2 - Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir (Røa)
    2 - Hege Hansen (Klepp)
    2 - Karina Sævik (Kolbotn)
    2 - Kennya Cordner (Sandviken)

NEXT MATCHDAY
    21 Apr: Trondheims-Ørn vs Røa
    21 Apr: LSK Kvinner vs Stabæk
    21 Apr: Kolbotn vs Lyn
    21 Apr: Arna Bjørnar vs Sandviken
    22 Apr: Klepp vs Grand Bodø
    22 Apr: Avaldsnes vs Vålerenga

59Amerinorsk, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, in fact Grand Bodø losing to Avaldsnes by just 0-1? :eek: despite the win for the host team, it seems a quite unexpected result to me.

19. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Yes, and Kolbotn's start with two wins is also surprising. They almost ended up with the play-off relegation spot last year, but look much better now. Heartbreak for newly promoted Lyn who had a 2-1 lead away at Klepp until the last minute, and then ended up losing. Lyn could have been on two wins in two games. That would have been a sensation.

blissett and 59Amerinorsk repped this.
  20. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    I was curious about the player named Kelly Fitzgerald (was she from Ireland or No. Ireland or the States?) and this is what I found - great opportunity for this young American:
    Fitzgerald Kicks Off Pro Career In Norway
    3/21/2018 9:46 AM | By: Cal Athletics

BERKELEY – Former Golden Bear midfielder Kelly Fitzgerald will have a familiar face by her side as she kicks off her professional soccer career in Norway. A tri-captain and Third Team All-Pac-12 selection, Fitzgerald signed with Stabaek Fotball Kvinner, which competes in Norway's top division, the Toppserien, and will be playing alongside Cal teammate Guro Bergsvand, who signed with the club earlier in the year.

"I'm really excited to begin my professional career with Stabaek and to play with my former Cal women's soccer teammate, Guro, again," said Fitzgerald. "Playing soccer at Cal provided me with so many great memories and friendships. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the Cal family."

blissett and Bauser repped this.
  21. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    Also, in same game, Jordan Jesolva is another young American (Santa Clara) and now team-mate of Fitzgerald in Norway:
    AS A SENIOR IN 2016: First Team All-West Region … First Team All-WCC … led team in goals (10), assists (4), and points (24) … played in all 23 games and made 21 starts … scored a goal vs. No. 11 USC … scored at Washington … scored a goal vs. Marquette … found the back of the net vs. Minnesota … had an assist at No. 1 Stanford … scored a goal vs. Pacific … had an assist vs. Saint Mary’s … scored at LMU … scored twice, including the game-winner in overtime, at San Francisco … scored the game-winner vs. Long Beach State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament … scored the game-winner on a PK vs. NC State in the third round of the NCAA Tournament.

blissett repped this.
  22. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Matchday 4 of Toppserien this weekend:

Kolbotn vs Lyn x-x
    (Postponed due to muddy and bumpy pitch.)

Trondheims-Ørn vs Røa 1-0
    1-0 Elin Åhgren Sørum 19

Arna Bjørnar vs Sandviken 1-2
    1-0 Maria Brochmann 35
    1-1 Kennya Cordner 61
    1-2 June Hammersland 73

LSK Kvinner vs Stabæk 1-0
    1-0 Guro Reiten 19

Klepp vs Grand Bodø 6-0
    1-0 Hege Hansen 20
    2-0 Malin Runestad 41
    3-0 Hanne Kogstad 76
    4-0 Hanne Kogstad 81
    5-0 Marie Andresen 90
    6-0 Hege Hansen 90+2

Avaldsnes vs Vålerenga 0-3
    0-1 Marte Berget 31
    0-2 Victoria Ludvigsen 69
    0-3 Isabell Herlovsen 87

toppserien2018_04.jpg

TOP SCORERS
    6 - Sophie Haug (LSK Kvinner)
    5 - Lisa Naalsund (Arna Bjørnar)
    5 - Guro Reiten (LSK Kvinner)
    4 - Hege Hansen (Klepp)
    3 - Hanne Kogstad (Klepp)
    3 - Kennya Cordner (Sandviken)
    3 - Julie Adserø (Trondheims-Ørn)
    2 - Isabell Bachor (LSK Kvinner)
    2 - Synne Skinnes Hansen (LSK Kvinner)
    2 - Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir (Røa)
    2 - Karina Sævik (Kolbotn)
    2 - Victoria Ludvigsen (Vålerenga)

NEXT MATCHDAY
    28 Apr: Sandviken vs Avaldsnes
    28 Apr: Vålerenga vs Stabæk
    28 Apr: Kolbotn vs LSK Kvinner
    28 Apr: Lyn vs Arna Bjørnar
    29 Apr: Trondheims-Ørn vs Klepp
    29 Apr: Røa vs Grand Bodø

blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, quite a bad start of the season for Avaldsnes! :eek:

24. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Yes, there is definitely a change in the landscape of Norwegian woso. Old powers are struggling. At the bottom is Røa (champions 2004, 07, 08, 09, 11) and Stabæk (2010, 13). Avaldsnes are reputedly working on a new international forward, but still no name. But the Vålerenga project is finally up running. Solid performance yesterday. After a long string of poor friendly results and bad start in Toppserien, the win at Avaldsnes might have been the turning point for them.

blissett repped this.
  25. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I have no idea why NFF and others (NTB) keeps reporting Arna-Bjørnar's goal as scored by Brochmann, it was an own goal by Stine Hovland:
    I think Brochmann may have been the last A-B player on the ball (corner, flick looked to be heading for outside the post but Hovland's leg got in the way).

upload_2018-4-23_20-33-48.png

Attached Files: