The North London Derby - Spurs v Arsenal [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Skizz, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivanchin99

ivanchin99 New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Malaysia
    We are really struggling to have a good centre defence when one of our CB is injured. IMO, we have 2 good CB and 2 Decent CB who are still young and susceptible to mistakes.
    looks like we'll have to live with this flaw till Jan at least, but probably the whole season :(

2. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Basically, Spurs midfield is $hit .. The only problem could be Lennon if he gets back from injury .. But we have Sagna & Clichy who can keep their wingers in their pockets every day .. By closing down on their midfielders, with Gilberto especially, we can see that the ball doesn't enter our third at all .. And Toure can easily match Keane's or Berbatov's pace and Wenger said Song can play as CB .. Do you remember any other instance where he has been reluctant to use some younger players in important positions ?

Song has played his pre-season mostly at CB .. Though i haven't watched his games this season yet, i heard he's pretty good in the air .. And that his passing isn't so $hit .. And Gallas might actually make a recovery and relegates Song to the sub's bench ..

And about Robinson, well take 5 shots at him and he'll miss one .. I can't see Wenger going too defensive for this tie ..

3. thedude83

thedude83 Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Kansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wasn't suggesting we go defensive. i was just pointing out that a midfield of diaby-cesc-denilson has enough two way play to not require an out an out dm such as gilberto. This lineup is contigent upon Gilberto covering in the backline for gallas because diaby and denilson have not done enough to take his spot yet. Although, in the future we will see all three of these young cm on the pitch at the same time.

4. XCdude24

XCdude24 New Member

Dec 16, 2006
    UCSB
    a little off topic, but has anyone else noticed that they totally screwed up the myp2p site? This is really gonna kill my vibe when i'm endlessly searching for streams on matchday.

5. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what have they done to it?

6. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ade
    Almunia...I am ready to send the mad German off to pasture...or better yet MLS.
    Diaby

7. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    looks pretty much the same to me...

8. XCdude24

XCdude24 New Member

Dec 16, 2006
    UCSB
    they revamped the design, and it's glitchy as hell. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

9. iedsrupsied

iedsrupsied Member

May 13, 2006
    The spuds will have to watch out for " La Sagna" :p

10. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Le Repped! :D

11. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    They just list the links for the streams the day of the game. Reason being that listing it days ahead of time was creating a lot of mirror sites. They tend to put up the schedule for the week, but not the weekends. We'll have to wait until friday night or saturday morning for the links to appear.

edit: I hope this is what you were talking about.

12. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is so wrong that we have to wait for 2 weeks for this match.......

13. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This won't even be a contest. Time to embarrass the Sp*rs on their own ground. 3-0 to the Arsenal (RvP, Cesc, Diaby).

14. JKGooner

JKGooner Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if the 2nd Sp*rs game was in april not december, then i would want this game to be at home so that we could win the league at shite hart again...but since we play them again in december i guess it doesnt matter

15. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I am going for a 1-1 draw. Goal from the midfield somewhere. Form goes out the window, it will be a very tough game so don't underestimate it. If we go away with a point we will be very happy with that. We need tough players who know what the fixture is about.

My lineup of choice would be:

Lehmann
    Sagna - Gallas - Toure - Clichy
    Rosicky - Flamini - Fabregas - Hleb
    Van Persie - Adebayor

16. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    that lineup is just SOOO out there rick.. lol

17. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Yeah I like to stay on the edge, a little ahead of the crowd!!!!!!!!

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1 draw? Nah, we should have won there last year, and I think we're better and have got more momentum this time 'round. I think we've got them 2-1, with us going up 2-0 and the scum getting one back in about the 75th to make it hectic.

I like Rick's lineup, although I think he intended to put Glebbo on the right and Rosicky on the left.

19. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    You are right with the mix up on Rosicky and Hleb, always gets me doing it that way up!!!

I would rather a 1-1 than a 2-1 when I am going to this fixture I assure you!!!

20. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, because of scum hooligans? Bring a caine and bash them all away after we win ;)

So what's the worst encounter you've had with a spurs fan, Rick? Ever have to raise the fisticuffs and get down and dirty to defend yourself from their horrific thuggery?

21. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Just you make sure that when you are here studying that you are here for the Spurs away game. I assure you it will be an eye opener.

I don't fight, I get out of there as quickly as possible. I have no problem with standing up for my beliefs, however these are mindless thugs who would quite happile kick the heads in of anyone - male or female. Therefore I walk away from them.

22. Smalls123

Smalls123 Member

Feb 1, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be a baby...If getting 3 points from this match means you having to run away from some thugs I think you just need to suck it up and bring your jogging shoes. ;)

3-2 to the Arsenal...Fabregas with a late winner

23. CRASH 4 ARSENAL

Jan 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I kind of like it...let it marinate a little bit.

24. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw that, we are hot right now. I would rather face them on a high then 2 weeks later after an international break where a lot can happen to affect the team morale.

Rick, remember...power in numbers. :D

25. JKGooner

JKGooner Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    on of my best friends is at kings college in london, and the section where he lives is split Tottenham and Arsenal...so as a practical joke when he came to teh states to visit me this summer he brought me a scarf with the saying
    "Spu*s Yid's Army:
    All Gunners are Runners"

hearing rick say that he would get out of there as quick as possible made me think of that...but i agree, get out of there, no need for physical damage over a footy match. especially when the team that wins always wins:D its not like its a fair fight these days.