The North London Derby - Spurs v Arsenal [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Skizz, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunner14Kiwi

Gunner14Kiwi New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    BlackCaps town
    Soft, um more like unco-ordinated, and well play from Kanu. Senderos good in the air, a bit suspend ball on the ground, i still think Djourou is better all around.
    3-2 to the arsenal against spurs.:D

2. ivanchin99

ivanchin99 New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Malaysia
    Omg is that true? Where is the source?

3. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Big match at Shite Hart Lane

Berbatov might cause us problems, I'm really not worried about the others ;)\

Come on you Gunners!

0-3

4. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Spurs will obviously come and try to attack .. Everyone knows when opposition teams do that to us, they get mauled .. Looking forward to the game .. I just hope its on TV ..

5. rsokinawa

rsokinawa New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Downtown Dudu Brown
    Tony Soprano will be receiving unemployment checks after this one... Jenas, look forward to being someone's bitch! 3-1 Le Arse

6. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Seems like Gallas may well be playing in this game. Lets hope he is. The reaon I think Cesc played so well in the first half is because we had Gilberto playing along side of him so he could have more freedom.

"Although I am injured I have been called up by France, so I will be travelling with them," said the 30-year-old, who is suffering with a groin injury. "I'm happy to do that because we are all together as a group, trying to qualify for Euro 2008.

"I don't think I will be playing but I will be there getting treatment.

"I don't want to come back too quickly, in case I have a setback, so I will be speaking to Arsene Wenger and Raymond Domenech about it.

"Arsenal's next game is against Spurs in two weeks and I really want to be back for that game."

7. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    The Arse win 2-13.

In honor of how many league titles each side's won! :D

8. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    KILL!!!!

And seek and destroy!

9. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Wow that's an old picture,it's 46 years now:D

10. 4_Arsenal

4_Arsenal New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Charlotte,NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Another 3 points for the Gunners! Two nil to the Arsenal! Stay healty over the break boys!

Side note: For those that have been to the Emirates, you can bring cameras in right? I could for the WC final in '94, but couldn't take one to a stupid NFL game! Just wondering before I head to the Sunderland game in Oct.

11. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah, they're not barbaric in there. If you blatantly have your video recording equipment complete with fluffy extendo-mic the stewards may say something though...:D

12. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, cameras are fine, at least I took mine in. It's funny hearing my Spu*s buddies (please all forgive me, I take no responsibilty for their wayward path...) talk about how desperate things are, considering that this summer they were all about finishing in 3rd and us outside the top 4...:D:D

13. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Damn! I was all ready to just set up in the aisle. :p

14. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would we want to do that? I think he's doing a bang-up job!!! :D

15. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Ahh it's always funny. We are to Spurs managers what an overprotective father is to his daughter's boyfriends :D

16. XCdude24

XCdude24 New Member

Dec 16, 2006
    UCSB
    Could be a tricky game especially since Jol will be managing for his life(Levy will have a Chicken McNugget if they lose this), but I think there's no way we don't win this if the spuds play this one "the right way". Their defense is poor and their midfield is terrible. We might have a few problems with Bale, but I don't think it should be that bad.

17. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Todays magic number is 3.
    We will beat Bottomham 3-0.
    Means we win by 3 goals.
    One of those is scored by our number 3, Sagna.
    3 is also the seconds it takes between the Dropspurs board thinking "should we fire Jol" and their answer "yes".

And 3 is the amount of hours Mrs Jol will have to spend sleeping with men every night for money to keep themselves afloat while Mr Jol looks for a new job.

18. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    OK, I hate Spurs and all, but I still think that last bit is a little over the line.

19. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *cringe* at grammatical error. No problem, though.

0-3 easily. Brace from Robin, one for Rosicky.

20. Naushad78

Naushad78 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Berbatov is a class act. Top class! And keane is no slouch either. We're going to have a tough time coping with those two but the renewed confidence in our defence gives me hope.
    I also think that their mid-field is way too weak and we should control most of the game.
    Time for RVP to fire, but suddenly we've got so many potent scoring options in Tomas, Hleb, Cesc that it's not a worry.

21. Naushad78

Naushad78 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Gallas may have recovered in time but will he be match fit?

If he is then it's probably sagna-Toure-Gallas-Clichy
    Hleb - Berto-Cesc - Tomas
    Rvp - Ade/Edu

If Gilberto has to slot in at the back then who takes Berto's place in midfield? Flamster? Diaby? Diarra?

22. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    I wonder how Sagna might fare with Toure at Centre-Half as I read somewhere that he can cover in that position. Then we can slot Flamini at RB and have Gilberto in his natural position as holding mid.

23. JKGooner

JKGooner Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the match is officially listed as:
    LIVE-8:30am EST FOX Soccer Channel in the USA!!!!

i am liking our chances, the portsmouth game was HUGE for our confidence, it was those types of matches that would have given us problems last year, an opponent we are supposed beat before a big game, last year we look past pompey and tie them or worse, and this year we focus and play gunner football. this is a new team, i am liking our squad unity and i think our midfield is about to rip wholes through spuds middle and back line. Pompey has a much better defense than spuds do right now, and besides garreth bale there is no counter attacking threat from the back. Look for HLEB to get back in scoring form and RVP to chip in, and watch up build our lead on Chelski and ManUre. 2-0 to the gunners, with a scoreline that is far to close to the actual play on the pitch.

barring injuries and given willy comes back:
    -----------almunia--------------
    sagna----toure---gallas----clichy
    hleb-----gilberto--cesc----rosicky
    ---------ade-------rvp----------

24. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Cr@p .. I won't be able to watch this game .. Not my choice, but the broadcaster's .. Fcuking b@stards ..

Anyway, I feel if we score the first goal, we have a very good chance of coming back with a win ..

25. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why won't you be able to watch? It's live on FSC.