The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we liked the option of Rodrygo as a striker more than the options that were out there, we were wrong. I am a big Lautaro fan but I agreed he wouldn't fit well in the formation we had last season. However I would swap Rodrygo with him in this tactical setup.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We like Mbappe and nothing else. That's clear.

3. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    I can imagine myself that we will sell Rodrygo next summer...neither Kobe and Shaq played his entire carrer togerher neither it will Vini and Rodrygo

4. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Rodrygo is barely at that level. He's more like a Ric Fox/ Samaki Walker the way he is now than those two superstars.

5. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Ever since he missed the penalty at the WC last year he’s dropped significantly. Odd to think that’s the issue but he’s been unable to really look the same player since then in front of goal.

I think he’s immensely talented, but for some reason cannot put it together. He’s going to become one of those players we ship off to a club like Arsenal where he would blossom by not having the weight of Madrid on his mind.

arcane and boeder repped this.
  6. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Yeah. He used to finish his chances better than most out and out strikers, similar to Marcelo. He just looks shook after the WC miss.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dare I say

Rodrygo's back? He seems to have his confidence again. Say he continues to play like this as long as Vini is out. Where do you bring back Vini?

hector_br repped this.
  8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Vini will get his LW spot back. Rodrygo goes back to RW.

Thats how its always have been.

9. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If rodrygo is this hot, it's worth a try to see if viny works om the right and then be switch them like robben and ribery.

RoadMan repped this.
  10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rodrygo has done just as well if not better alongside Vinicius. They haven’t even been playing as pure wingers this season anyway.

11. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    True but he seems more comfortable on the left. It's probably just confidence/ketchup but it only gives the club more flexibility.

12. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo did not even play from the left. Mendy was the only one on that side.

Rodrygo is more comfortable just behind a striker and that's where he finds himself during games.

13. PeXXeR

PeXXeR Member

Real Madrid
    Sep 24, 2023
    Happy for Rodri, he's been doing much better, people were calling for his head 2 weeks ago..

All the lad needs to do is be consistent, if he manages 15 this season ill be happy.

Its not just G/A but given our situation upfront now its the time to step up.

14. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was going in from the left and hovering on the left side of the pitch. He was not out on the wing but he tended to go there. A lot of his recent goals is going in from.the left and using his right foot to score in the corner.

Shay Z and Hendrix22 repped this.
  15. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hovering around the left side does not make him a LW just that he tends to go left alot which is understandable as he wants to cut in when he shoots. We have many players who find themselves going to the left alot because that also happens to be our strongest side.

16. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I never said he played a left winger. Seems we agree, I just want him to stay in great form.

.halamadrid2. repped this.
  17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes and when Vinicius comes back he won't be able to do that. I don't see the point of contention here. If Rodrygo is a goal per game scorer from this position for two months or whatever the timeframe is for Vini's return, I would honestly play Vini as a substitute in half of the games at least.

18. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I don't think Vini on the right would be as effective as Rodrygo from the right.

Vini doesn't have a good shot on him, his passing and crossing isn't all that either.

Halycon, Anon., Hendrix22 and 1 other person repped this.
  19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    VJ is a better when he plays wide on the left. Without Benzema, the team needs someone to cut inside more, and I do think Rodrygo fits the role better. I see him a second striker who is better off on the left. Unfortunately, he will go back to the right when VJ returns.

RoadMan repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo played just fine with Vin vs Valencia and has done equally well playing on the right before this season, I don’t see an issue with him and Vin playing together, Vin will return and play on the left and I don’t see that as an issue for either of them

Halycon, ahnaf and arcane repped this.
  21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    There is an argument that both would perform better with a fixed 9 on the team.

Just hard to see how a 9 would fit in when right now it's best to maximise the midfield considering the talent on the squad.

22. PeXXeR

PeXXeR Member

Real Madrid
    Sep 24, 2023
    #1172 PeXXeR, Dec 1, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
    I would agree with Ahmadi, both around a proper CF are way better.

I don't like shitting on our players but their off the ball movement at times is horrible, both of em.

Rodri seems to have the higher football IQ and is more calm then Vinni, but that pace man.

Again just goes to show how good Karim the dream was, man I miss him..
    Man was a complete footballer, had the vision, technique, etc.

Reminds of Berbatov, however Berba did not have the same workrate, but hot damn that touch, technique and vision he had was insane.

Its like those classy complete CF's are never going to be seen ever again with the modern game...

Shay Z, Savior and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't understand how he can be so anonymous in some games. If things are not working out for you on the pitch, try something different, roam around, drop deep or something. Hes definitely the odd man out if Mbappe arrives. Shame because he has so much talent.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo has never really showed consistency in all the year he has been with us. Sort of like Asensio. And he can't complain that he hasn't started because he has had a whole season to show he can be consistent.

Rodrygo will sadly not be the guy you look at to drag you out of a hole. He can pop up with goals a few times but you forget he's even on the pitch when we are chasing. The only guys we look for when chasing games are our leaders Modric/Kroos, Vini and Bellingham. All of them add different things. You'd hope Rodrygo can also develop similar traits but nope. He could probably do well next to a guy that scores 30/40 goals a season where his inconsistency won't be as evident. But in this season where we are crying out for a consistent goal scorer he has flattered to decieve.

And he was supposed to be the superior player to Vini in front of goal. All I see him do is spam shots from everywhere.

25. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IF his form continues in the same vein, I can't see the first XI formation being anything other than a 4-4-2 diamond, with Mbappe and Vini up top, and Jude just behind them.