The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He is so good when he plays with confidence and his first thought isn’t “ oh shit I don’t want to lose the ball”, I hope Zidane finds a way to re incorporate him, even when he is passive he’s the best finisher we have up front by miles.
    Anyways some highlights from his game last week, combined well with Reinier.

Hendrix22 and Lyra repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ssr9 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Feels absolutely ages since we’ve seen this guy in action.

Digital, J-Mezzy and 4x4s repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You must have missed his solo run goal and celebration a few on this forum hated him for doing.

5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You mean the same goal that led to red card and consequent omission from El Clasico? The same which some people underplayed importance of, since Zidane would've never selected him at first place, only for them to realise it could've been him in Mariano's place to score the 90th minute goal? Oh yes how can anyone not remember that [emoji23]

6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Hey calma calma.. stop "PMSing" in every thread lol.

7. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    But but...according to Optimum Mindkcuf University of Stats, chances of Rodrygo getting selected was 0.00% if he doesnt score that goal. So Rodrygo doesnt score that goal, he avoids red card but his chances of getting selected would have been the same as scoring a goal that led to red card. That is 0.00%.

Also according to All Stats Matter Organisation,
    Chances of scoring a goal in less than 2 Mins-> Mariano 89%. Rodrygo 7.8%. Because Mariano has a far superior Goal-Minute ratio compared to Rodrygo.
    Based on this stat alone chances of Zidane using Mariano over Rodrygo for 2 minute cameo is 100%.

And also according to a survey conducted by International Institute of Football Research & Analysis only 99% of people were aware that the Officials/referee's in Spanish Football were corrupt or/and incompetent before that Rodrygo red card. After the red card though an astonishing 99.99% people became aware of how corrupt or/and incompetent the referee's are in Spanish Footbal.
    Wonder who are those 0.01% people !

8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Rodrygo was interviewed by DAZN

Shay Z repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alright, question, borne of yesterdays game. Nothing earth shattering but curious to hear thoughts.

The kid seems to see lanes and opportunities (both for passing and movement) that aren’t at all obvious. He seems to create chances more with the direction and quality of his movement (Ozil like?) than with raw speed.

Is he wasted on the wing?

Prit Javier repped this.
  12. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Others have seen him play more than what I've seen this year but I think he'd be better in the center. His reading of the game is too good.

He's actually quite slow by teenage standards.

Anon. and Prit Javier repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think he is slow at all. He had a moment of acceleration from our half into the opponents yesterday that made my eyes open wide. @18secs

I do agree he has good vision with the ball. So young, man, these kids just need to grow slow and steady. They are gonna have great showings followed by ok ones. None have been terrible. I like him a lot. Not sure if loan would be best but most likely it would be. We need to get a better right wing option for now if ZZ isn’t going to play Vinicius there.

Excape Goat repped this.
  14. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is actually pretty impressive on its own that in the decent amount of minutes he’s gotten at his young age he hasn’t played a single stinker. Some anonymous stretches, sure. But no poor play really.

(Vini, by contrast — more stinkers. But also more dynamite. To be expected as they’re very different players)

natenate101 repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He is wasted on the right wing, he would bring a lot more cutting inside from the left, but he could play central as well, in fact he’s done that with the Brazil youth team with Vinnie playing on the left.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Strongly disagree, the right is his position and he knows it.

His probably isn't what side of the field he's playing, it's when he asserts himself and stops just being a passenger. He's too passive and he needs to do more to make his mark on the game.

Vinicius understands this.

Digital, Ahmadi8 and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's see what he does on the left before making a judgement (if he ever gets any opportunity to showcase his skills on the left).

I do agree that VJ is taking the game on his shoulder more than Rodrygo. At time, I can see VJ as the next Neymar or Ronaldinho, but he also has more "WTF is he doing" moments. I find Rodrygo more quiet on the field. I actually thought that Rodrygo contributes more throughout this season, especially during the first half of the season. Rodrygo disappears in some games, but he never has that many "WTF is he doing" moments. As you said, a passenger.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I have watched him with Santos. He can play either wing, but the right is his position and he knows this.

In the end we should be calm. Just months ago people were declaring Vinicius as finished amd trash while celebrating our scoring sensation Rodrygo.

I believe both are missing what the other has and I have said this repeatedly. Vinicius needs more calm (especially in front of goal) and Rodrygo needs more urgency.

Anon. and Digital repped this.
  19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Rodrygo himself said he prefers the left and having watched him play both positions I agree that he’s best suited there.

20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    BEDA7883-C850-446A-B2ED-680E29EA4DC1.jpeg I watched him while he was in Brazil as well and I’ve watched played under Raul at Castilla, he too seem to think that Rodrygo’s strongest position is on the left, not to say he can’t play on the right, he’s certainly better at it than Vinnie but he’s a different level cutting in, giving and going rather than going to the byline and crossing the ball.

ElCapitánSR4 repped this.
  21. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Rodrygo clearly said he prefers the left wing, but he doesn’t care to play on the right wing as well. He knows there is a lot of competition on the left from Hazard and Vini.

Excape Goat repped this.
  22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The important thing is that we need him to excel on the right. We should be coaching him up and giving him time there because that’s where we badly need a solution.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    His issue right now isn't position. It'll be the same on the left. His issue is attitude. He's not putting in the work on the pitch; lazy pressing, very tentative and timid on the ball, happy to pass off the ball whenever he receives, and showing no creativity. Not sure if he's having a hard time acclimating to his new surroundings off the pitch, but I'm concerned about sending him out on loan with this mentality. I'd rather have him spend time with Zidane to change his mindset and mentality rather then send him out to a coach that couldn't care less about his development.

Anon. repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Again, he started on the left ar Santos but played both sides and was moved primarily to the right and thrived there. He has stated many times he has no preference. He also knows his future is the right.

His issue isn't about what side he is playing on anyways.