The Next 2

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Sinter, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure others share this opinion so I figured why not get a thread started. Even after the past two games, these next two on the road against DC and New England will be the two which tell us if Bruce's boys will be able to compete for a title this season. Personally I'd be pleased with taking 1 game on the road, and would be very happy with 4 points. All the good feeling and excitement we have right now will be for nothing if we come home with a giant goose egg.

How will the team respond against teams with an actual defense? Let's see what are boys are made of.

2. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    I think they will respond in DC with another win RBNY has the best striking tandem in the league it will come down the defense coming together because scoring is not an issue.

3. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

If we sweep this road trip, my prediction is we'll be in next year's SuperLiga.

4. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we get the points in the next 2 we could take the SS but SuperLiga and maybe a nice seeding would do a lot. We have a game in hand on both use it to our advantage..

5. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Wednesday night is the best opportunity for 3 points so long as there isn't a let down from last night. Saturday will be the third game in eight days, 3 points would be a surprise there.

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really because its not that bad of a road trip no big time or climate changes. Also I think if we play it smart we can take some points and really make a run for the SS hey its a trophy :p

7. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    If it was May I would with this point, but a thin bench and a ragged back line in late August against the two biggest rivals don't exactly inspire much confidence in a sweep. 3 points and no serious injuries and all is well heading into September.

8. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't agree more. We're right in the thick of things and it seems there are about 5-6 teams who will be contenders for MLS Cup. Right now we're one of them. How we do against DC and NE on the road will prove whether or not we're true contenders. Playing against two non contenders doesn't prove much although it is great to win when we should.

9. kilmier

kilmier New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Taking 4 points would be spectacular...remember that these are both 6 pointers .