The New Year, new Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Now with less Trump! :D

2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  3. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  5. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  7. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  8. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  9. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  10. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  13. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2021will be different in the way that Angie will have left after September. There are 16yo school kids who cant imagine chancellor is a job that could also be done by a man

15. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    White/Blue _ 1860 said int he other thread (which I can;t quote!)

I dont think your characterization of Trump is something that can be definitely said. Who Trump is characterwise, what he thinks about or not, and how he makes decisions is something you and I cant say because his public image is so distorted that this is virtually impossible.
    His public image is not distorted to me. he is now what I thought he was 5 years ago. I am only mor esick of him. (Guys who liked him that I played soccer with couldn;t figure why I despised him so much. I despise him as the human pig I saw try to televize lynch non convicted people in Manhattan back in 1988. My ex-wife will tell you how I would snarl at the TV when channel clicking would cross the path of his tv show in th eearly 2000s. So, don;t tell me what I see is generated by his public image distortions from others. I, at least, know what I am looking at, a human worht and wellness vacuum.

I for one can only disagree that Trump is an idiot. Not because I would know that he is intelligent because Ive seen an IQ test or the test results from "tv, man, etc" but because you dont make it to the top by just going all-in and luck.

You seem to be discounting the luck of being given Hilary Clinton as the Opponent. He woudn't have beaten anyone else. I can't prove that assertion, of course, but it is a fairly reasonable assumption. The man's a cretin with a public relations industry working overtime in overdrive to hide it.
    Also - here's one for your making it theories - The Ayatollah made it by going all-in and luck..... West-Life made it .... Pauly Shore made it ...

I for one also think that Trump is not fascist. (I've never said Trump is a Fascist - the whole point of my post is that he is not such - that he is not Hitler,etc. That he is a clown feeding on other people's weakness and stipidity. He has no thought achieved moorings of philosophy. He is a creep with a psychological disorder who has never done a hard day's work in his life. He has no human empathy to constrain him so will simply say any sh!t at any time. That's not a gamble, that a given if you are wiling to be that b@stard.) I think he is a gambler who is willing to do anything that's necessary to win. If that means he has to pull a half-assed coup then so be it. Still, you will see everywhere and here in various subforums people calling Trump a fascist for stress relief and lack of a better description.

If Hitler was seen as an idiot or not is something that cannot be verified unless we find a reichs-wide poll on this.

The book I mentioned was by a guy who was there, living among the young intelligentsia, at the time, and who was able to glean a closer view after the fact by virtue of the at the time fact that his girlfrined was intelligentsia jewish. And what happened to them.
    I think you;ll find that historians are fairly reasonably able to predict an dpostulate what was the feeling about famous figures in their day. It's been done for Napoleon, Victora, Monteczuma .. why not Hitler??
    It doesn;t take a plebiscite to analyse data ...

16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    jesus. someone get el-cap a footie game, fast!! :):)

el-capitano repped this.
  17. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Unfortunately I think its going to get worse before it gets better. Hang on for a wild ride here for a while.

18. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I’d better get in with some good news for the first page.

According to the Polity Project, which measures democracies and dictatorships around the world, the United States of America is no longer a democracy.

Trump had his way and founded a third world shithole.

19. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Great. What’s the bad news?

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our shameful foreign minister wants to put up a "marshall plan for democracy" for the US

21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he's still President.

some people still support him and always will.

22. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    like stilts who has been in hiding since he made his ludicrous post last week.

23. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

speker repped this.
  24. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Pele was class.

25. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Peeled this off a response column in a major news feed, it expresses what has been percolating beneath the surface for a while now:

"So WHY is there so much unrest?
    • We the People have elected these public servants to SERVE and REPRESENT US, not dictate and try to control us.
    • These public servant parasites have spent years in office, actually accomplishing little to nothing on behalf of We the People, but they have consistently increased their own personal wealth, in many cases becoming millionaires. How is that possible, if a person is doing an honest job in a public servant government job anyway? It isn't.
    • There have been too many instances where obvious illegal conduct carried out by these public servants has been swept under the rug, not properly investigated (if investigated at all), and the crooks walk free. If a private citizen engaged in significantly less serious crime, they would be arrested, tried, and imprisoned."
    This could have been written by either a Trump or Sanders supporter despite its libertarian references, and neatly sums up the cynicism and disgust many people feel toward the government. People on both sides of the left-right spectrum feel cheated. Going to be another interesting year...

StiltonFC repped this.