News: The new NISL

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Mar 24, 2021.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did I over state the tax benefits? I do it all the time and I have never had to pay taxes on any my business. So Unless you have Multilabel channels of revenue coming in and you have a great accountant, you would never know any of this unless you filed. And get a 1099K , I get one from Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, Or a 1099S from the sales of real estate.

As for Andrew Haine's sponsors Just look on his jerseys. None of us know what his expenses are I can guarantee you that he has a plan in place or he would not of had purchased 3 brand new carpets for his floors. Go to the website and you will see his sponsors. Also every sponsor has a ticket package so any ticket given away is paid and accounted for.

As for his Merchandise sales and cost trust me its cheap. Thats what one of his companies do, Look up Haines creative agency. BTW the real money that is made by almost all indoor soccer teams is in the Training Camps for kids.

Look at what the blast charge for 1 camp June 20-24 9AM-3PM Northeast Regional Rec Center (Indoor) $275.00 They get close to 200 Kids From that one camp you generate $55.000 in revenue. Each kid kids a shit, a snack, and a ball & a Ticket to a game. The cost for all of this is under 10K

2. Captain Invader

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 25, 2005
    Lake County (Ohio)
    From watching a bit, it seems like the NISL has went to a running clock. (Or were they doing this from the start?).

Given they are playing both a men’s and a women’s game back to back, I can understand. However, it just ads to the rec league feel of the NISL. (Well, other than the arenas and new carpets, nothing rec League there.)

3. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've been doing a running clock since they began. I think the clock stops in the last two minutes for dead balls.

Scooge repped this.
  4. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the Idea of a running clock. I think that the MASL will start doing this and play in halves and not quarters. All of the changes seem to be focused on speeding up the game to fit it into a two hour time block. My best guess is that its to get it on TV

5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Nah, bruh.

aleaguer, BlackandRedForever and Buddy98 repped this.
  6. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The MASL could probably save 5-20 minutes per game if the refs would put the ball down and blow the whistle on free kicks. There is so much time wasted on stoppages. For instance, it took over 5 minutes to figure out goal or no goal when Toth got hit in the face.

Buddy98 repped this.
  7. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    because that is what has been keeping indoor soccer off tv lo these many years.

what day is it on your planet?

Buddy98 and BlackandRedForever repped this.
  8. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    all that is fine.

but no one is going to games.

no creative accountant can help you there.

i am sure your bff haines believes this will work. so has everyone else who has attempted this. (which does not include you.)

but no one is going to games. and unless they have an as yet unknown huge money backer who is incredibly patient, they're losing money. sponsors don't pay cash for the promise of eyeballs, they pay for eyeballs.

i don't care about your ebay tax forms. you have no idea what you are talking about.

9. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    the nisl may hope you didn't notice that they took fayetteville's next visit to memphis on the 27th off the schedule and played mini-games over the weekend after the regular game between the two teams.

the men's game apparently finished 0-0, (though the scoresheet shows the first star of the "game" with a goal and the second star with an assist), which is why the standings suddenly have a column for ties.

could it be because fayetteville can't afford to travel back to memphis?

and now rome, which hasn't played in about a month, will play the rest of its 12-game schedule with seven games in the last month. (all on the road, obviously.)

but everything is going great. they gave away a boatload of tickets over the weekend in memphis, and that's the *best*-run club they have.

the resident apologist should pipe down. the league is not doing well.

10. RichD

RichD New Member

Baltimore Blast
    Sep 5, 2021
    Happens all the time in Haines run indoor football leagues. Season is shortened.

Now post-season tournament to finish season.

Can league return next year??

11. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    are they going to play the last three games on the schedule? when they have the playoffs saturday and sunday, too?

to be fair, they didn't fold, and there was no major facepalm moment. also to be fair, no one noticed because there is no coverage or general awareness of the league.

can they come back? no idea. but they are better off than the nonsense asl.

12. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I came here because I saw they announced a new team in Tampa. Vinik (also owner of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning) took over management of the Yuengling Center so I guess it's just a way to fill dates there.

https://www.tbstrikers.com/

13. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tampa Bay Strikers shows no sense of soccer history. The Ft. Lauderdale Strikers were the main rivals of many Tampa area teams in various leagues for decades. That would be like creating a new baseball team and calling them the New York Red Sox.

14. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, pretty bad faux pas on their first step. I think they got blinded by trying to ride the coattails of the Lightning (hence the bolts in their logo)

15. BlackandRedForever

DC united
    Scotland
    Jul 4, 2021
    I wouldn't sweat the name of a club that lasts one, maybe two years tops. Will be a mere footnote in Tampas depressing soccer history

mjames1229 repped this.
  16. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #141 Burr, Jul 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    Depressing? We have two championships, made two other finals, one which wasn't even played but we probably would've won. Mutiny won the supporters shield their first year (well what would have been if it existed at the time)...

And yeah I can't see this lasting long. Either the team or the league.

17. BlackandRedForever

DC united
    Scotland
    Jul 4, 2021
    Depressing in the grand scheme of history. I was born in Tampa and grew up with the real Rowdies. Witnessed their banner years in the 70s and early 80s. Saw them wither and die finally in 93.

Witnessed the Mutiny never take despite some good players and teams.

Now Tampa has missed its chance at MLS. Probably for good. I've lived in the area on and off over the past decade so I don't hold the new Rowdies in very high regard. It's sad because a proper relaunch of the Rowdies brand would have been fantastic.

I enjoy the odd game now and then. Think they have a quaint little ground with AL Lang. But yes it's depressing what could have been.

Burr repped this.
  18. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    to be fair a "proper relaunch" of any of these legacy brands would be a challenge, as the circumstances that made them popular back in the day are very difficult to replicate.

the sounders, timbers and whitecaps are brands that remained active for many years (with hiatus, obvs) and then benefitted from joining mls.

the number of resurrected legacy indoor brands that have actually been successful....well....name them. you can say the spirit becoming the blast again, okay. the comets? they are nowhere near as popular as the originals, nor were however many iterations of the steamers there were. (today's comets are at least relatively successful, with what passes for success these days.)

and then we have the sockers, the most successful indoor brand of all time. they have been this era's top team for sure. but does the brand resonate? when they can lead the league in attendance by stunt-casting landon donovan only to see the crowds go right back down as soon as he left, and when they can't sell tickets to the best team in the league? they have a rich owner that makes that all palatable, and they win because they have the best players.

but, and to get back to your point, the original rowdies captured lightning in a bottle thanks to a very specific set of environmental conditions that couldn't be repeated. (and that they themselves got away from in the 80s when they were pennywise and pound foolish in letting popular players get away and reshaping the english/scottish makeup of the team into a more south american one, which did not resonate with the fan base.)

what we got is what we got. what we had exists only in memory.

19. BlackandRedForever

DC united
    Scotland
    Jul 4, 2021
    The ethnic makeup of their players didn't cause an attendance decline. Losing did. They had a losing record their last four years in the NASL. Didn't make the playoffs the last 3.

20. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    both had a hand.

the locals did not take to guys like luis fernando and zequinha and washington oliveira as they had to the english/scottish group.

and by the time they tried to put the band back together by bringing back guys like mausser and wegerle, it was too late.

21. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's probably as famous as an NFL placekicker could be though (so good he was deemed "Automatica" for a bit and won the SB in 2003), and he's been coaching local youth soccer teams for a few years now. Not sure how that translates to indoor at all...

Does NISL have separate coaches for the womens sides or do they coach both?

23. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    memphis' guy coaches both teams. the other teams last season had separate coaches for each team.

i figure grammatica can't be less prepared to be a pro indoor soccer coach than tom traxler was.

Burr repped this.
  24. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies and Strikers
    Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They coach both sides. Which is one way to save on salary, but also may limit the options for people willing to do both jobs. Regardless, it seems like a shrewd business move.

25. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies and Strikers
    Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am actually pretty excited for this team. While the name blows, I will absolutely be attending games this season. The stadium is only around 15 minutes from my home and I have an interest in seeing indoor games in Tampa.

NSL2004 repped this.