The New Generation of Superstars

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by botch, Jan 8, 2007.

1. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    is this the new enrico chiesa?

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    could be, hopefully much less injury prone than chiesa.

3. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    As an overall player, yes, but not technically. Van Persie, however, isn't gifted with Ronaldo's speed and strength, which are just as vital to his game as his technique, whereas Van Persie isn't nearly as athletic and has to rely much more on his technical abilities.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo has done alot more with the ball then Van Persie ever has. Ronaldo can use both feet exceptionally, his shooting is now also becoming lethal on his left foot.

The same cannot be said with Van Persie. You just have to look at the numerous highlight videos of both Ronaldo and Van Persie to see what I am talking about.

5. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aimar man, seriously.

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Honestly, I know he is a good player.

Are you saying Aimar is more technically gifted then Ronaldo or a better player then Ronaldo altogether?

7. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technically gifted, though we have no idea what his potential as a player in the future is, but the same can be said for Ronaldo and any other youngster.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ah I do not know. I just do not see it in Van Persie. He highly favors his strong foot. I still believe Ronaldo > Van Persie on technical ability. I am also not just proclaiming that because I am from Portugal.

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Yeah but Aimar is 27 while Ronaldo is only 21.

10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Where is Aimar? is he in a dumpster right now?

C Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world.

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    You can add Ustari to that list. He's 20, won the U-20 WC with Messi, Aguero, Gago, ext... and is the future starting GK for the senior team. He was called up to the WC squad but didn't play.

12. UEFA

UEFA Member

Sep 6, 2006
    C ronaldo sucks, out of the 53 attempts on goal so far he's managed only 15 or sixteen goals. Fernandez kicks his ass.
    Ryan Babel is another prospect, hopefully he won't ruin his career a la kluivert.

13. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You're taking the piss right? Hoyte is very average.

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ah you guys kill me honestly.

15. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    L'OM's Nasri and Lyon's Benzema are good young players. Both are 19 and the "next Zizou".

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

So Van Persie isn't athletic and lacks speed in your view.

Sorry but that's hilarious. You have seen that goal Van Persie scored earlier this season where he sprints from his own half to the penalty box, volleying in the ball with one touch at an impossible height? Lacking in athleticism and speed indeed. Ronaldo can only dream of scoring a goal like that.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    As did Maradona.

18. widefoot

widefoot Member

Jul 7, 2006
    North Carolina
    Alexander Pato from Internacional is young, flashy and seems to have the all tools to be a superstar.

19. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Compared to Ronaldo, no. He's not in the same category. I guess I should have made that clear.

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I've yet to see Ronaldo score a goal like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD6YfufKTs

But never mind, I've also yet to find someone from Portugal who doesn't think Ronaldo is the best player in the world.

21. botch

botch New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Barca/Melbourne/B.A
    Haha mexicans. Just pissed because they can't play football. I'm argentinian but Chile has more and has had more big players than mexico has. Look at the national team and how many Chileans are playing abroad compared to Mexicans.

By the way Matias was going to go to Chelsea which is a huge club but Villareal got to him first, it doesn't make any difference. Maradona played for Napoli.

and what is medicore. or do you mean mediocre? Riquelme mediocre? HAHAHAHA. Thats why he's considered by many to be the last great artist of football and the best midfielder in the world.

22. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    because they only see top scorer list:confused:

23. SCOUSER TOMMY

SCOUSER TOMMY New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Liverpool, UK
    The one of the main players you have missed out is Steven Gerrard of Liverpool, he is an all round player and would fit into any team, he is a great player and also pass the ball and pick out a pass, every team needs a steven gerrard in there squad someone who the fans can look up to and plays for the shirt and club and not the money

24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He's the current generation of superstars though, not the next.

25. SCOUSER TOMMY

SCOUSER TOMMY New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Liverpool, UK
    when I have been reading all the over post, they are mentioning players who are currently playing in there respective leagues so they are current players plus gerrard has got time on his side.