the new first 11

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Viking64, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    care to guess?

the only thing I think will happen...maybe more HOPE will happen...is Chad for Thomas in the back line.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hopefully EJ and Curtis up front. When the defense gets tired of chasing them around then we send in Toni to knock them down.

3. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm still waiting to see what I think will be next year's preferred backline - EZ, Bonseau, Dunseth, Gbandi. Things have been so bad with our so-called defense this season, I'd be thrilled to see a few 0-0 ties down the stretch. Anything to shut out a few teams for a change.

4. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The Burn need to find someone who can step up and take Morrow's place as the leader of the back line. Maybe Dunseth was brought in for that reason.

What I would like to see with the games left

EJ/Curtis/Toni(any combo between these three)

Urbas(the German/dual citizen guy)-Davis-Stone-Vaca

Sayler(Gbandi comes in the 60th-75th minute)-Dunseth(anyone else thinks he looks like Beckham?)-Thomas-EZ

DJ

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    it's an Oreo

ok I'm going to hell

too bad he doesn't play like him.

6. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Dunseth looked worse than Thomas ever did when McBride scored vs. Columbus. First, he correctly marks him - then, he backs off, ball-watches while McBride stepped toward the ball-server and open space, and then, didn't even move when the service was propelled onto McBride's skull.

And Brian was also MIA on another Crew tally.

Sorry to say, but this is the exact knock on Dunseth from his other teams. He does something good once-in-awhile, and then gets caught out of position while ball-watching most other times.

Columbus won't miss him, and Thomas will develop into twice the defender (Thomas already is superior in the air).

7. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    I sincerely hope you are right, but I don't see it. The guy is not 19 years old. Dunseth might be just as bad, which is why Chad eating his pride and going to the back line is what I want to see.