The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019

MiamiNative0722, W8W8, Aensensen and 2 others repped this.
  2. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sign a fvkcing striker FGS!

Brilliant CB but we have enough we're good, Rudiger doesn't even start atm.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    RB tends to keep their good players for an additional year by allowing them to leave for lower fee a season later. Did that with Nkunku, Werner, Nabi, Upamecano etc.

If Gvardiol is moving in 2024, would be perfect for us to sign him as Alaba will be 32 by then. Get him then like we got Militao in 2019 to eventually replace Ramos.

Ssr9 and Zidane05 repped this.
  4. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Endrick for 2024. Benz probably play next season as well

5. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    We want Mbappe; he's tried and tested. We don't have time for a 16 year old to mature - we should buy and loan him out.

But our main focus should be a World Class striker; so it has be Kylian Mbappe.

6. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's a player I'd like not to miss on, but also understand we are stacked in that area of the field. Open to this idea of pay now come later, especially if the bargain release clause is true. If he had really outgrown RB by now, he'd have gone to Chelsea last summer. Think he'd stick it out another year if RM was his dream.

7. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't believe some people think we'll ever go for Mbappe again.

If by some miracle that shitbag ends up playing for us I'm going to Bernabeu with a huge sign saying something about Mbappe and his mother.

Lyra, Hendrix22, lukita and 1 other person repped this.
  8. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Romano says he is getting a huge transfer in 2023 for sure, he also says Leipzig passed on 80 million last summer for him to keep him this season, so maybe that lower fee might be kicking in next summer?

9. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    What do you guys think about Frimpomg?is he Real Madrid level?I never watched him but his stats are insane..and he is rated high..maybe a good cheaper option than james,trent arnold or hakimi for carvajal position.Left back should be occupied by Alphonso Davies

10. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Because he's World Class and Haaland wants to stay in Man$hitty

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And Mbappe is not interested in P$G's pay cheque.

12. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    If you think Ronaldo's off field antics are annoying, wait for the ninja turtle. :ROFLMAO:

13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Ssr9, Saeta Rubia and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets go! He’s ours

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1365 Shay Z, Dec 5, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    Or we could sell one of Militao or Rudiger. I bet we get a good return for Militao. Given his performances I don’t think he is untouchable.

He will have to exclusively play 9 and I don’t know if he wants to do that. Playing at 9 is very very different from the freedoms of the wings, it’s physically tiring going against big CBs. I don’t know if he wants to do it. I know he can.

Haaland seems to be a better fit but no chance of either leaving in the summer of 2023 sooo we have to keep the faith in Benzema and Rodrygo. Two wonderful players. The situation isn’t as bleak as some here paint it.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Benz is cooked. He’s done being the 35-40 game player who is elite. He’s more of a 20 game player who can bag 10-12 goals.

Rodrygo is a talent. But we still don’t know his best position and he’s very raw as a 9.

I’d say it’s bleak if we have aspirations of winning anything. If our goals are to finish top 4 in Liga and Semis of CL then yes, we’re all set for next year.

17. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
  18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, I can’t even watch shit like that. Uncomfortable.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Endrick signing would be massive. We would be hoarding the three top talents in Brazil in a great generation of talent for them. That said, he's not going to be ready immediately in 2 years time; he'll probably need a year or two to adjust and reach full level. So you will need some sort of a stop gap.

Writing off the Ballon D'Or winner and the UCL winner in the same post is quite impressive.

Digital, Saeta Rubia and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Might just be me but I don’t think you sell Militao to sign Gvardiol.

Digital, S1na, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Florentino is going to get this done

22. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Paying for past performance is how you become Man U/Juve. Benz WAS the Ballon D’Or player last season. The award is always in the rear view mirror. No one who is sane would think he’s close to being up for the running again in 2023. He 35. It’s only downhill from here.

Rodrygo, yes. Scored 3 massive goals in the CL in panic time. He’s got a nose for goal. But that does not translate to any level of consistency that we’ve seen him perform as a starter for Benz.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The Gvardiol rumor seems just because he mentioned Real Madrid in his last interview. I doubt we're seriously interested. We're gonna get priced out with Chelsea and other EPL there. And it's not an area of need for us. Bellingham (or another midfielder) seems to be #1 priority after Endrick.

Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Modric is 37. Writing off a top player who took it into another gear year 33 and 34 based off of 2 months is a bit ridiculous.

Digital and Ssr9 repped this.
  25. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Modric is the exception. Not the rule. His form was up and down as he’s aged in his 30s, but he’s been relatively healthy excluding the 2014-15 season where Carlo ran him into the ground.

Benz has logged a ton of miles and has been playing hurt for the last two seasons. Why do you think he’s picking up muscle injuries every other week now? Playing through with injections catches up at some point.