The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, Patrik Schick is 26 and has played for Sparta, Samp, Roma Leipzig and now Bayer, only last season has he gotten anywhere near the numbers he produced, IMHO this is not comparable with "strikers coming out of Castiila" so there's that,

Secondly although it's not a hard fast rule, the truth is that the last one season wonder we picked up from the Bundesliga failed to make the grade for us, Patrik may be different, who knows, although his record up to last season is nothing to shout about, for this reason i don't think he'd be a good investment for our club, i stand by that, i don't make decisions for the club anyway , so it's just my opinion, i actually can't believe his name came up at all re this discussion nevermind me still discussing him , not worth it, so , done.

RMSocrates and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    #77 Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    You're the dolt, because you lack maturity and the ability to get your point across without insulting others.

It's a troll thread title. Get over it.

Moreover, given our revenue and global brand appeal [also given the amount we've saved over the last decade]. We should be more aggressive in the transfer market. We are Real Madrid. The greatest club in the World. We're not an AS Roma, Valencia, or a Tottenham. We are expected to keep winning.

If you compare our movement in the market compared to the 'elite' clubs like Barcelona, Bayern, ManCity, etc. We've only signed 2 players. And one was free.

Sure our club just won the double, but we need to keep winning.

3. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was being critical of the absurdity of waiting till the WC to grab a striker while the club surrounded every potential name in the summer with an excuse (too old, long-term, expensive, etc.). Somehow in 3 months a striker that fits our rigorous criteria will appear.

Say, hypothetically, this Schick dude was in the WC with the Czech Republic and impresses until the 1/4 Finals, becomes one of the stars in Qatar. Would the club pursue him as a WC "opportunity" or discard him as another Jovic?

4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These people keep forgetting the context in which we won that double. Joke of a Barca side and a series of CL comebacks that are unlikely to happen again for the next half a century.

I mean its not like we won the CL and then stopped pursuing Mbappe because suddenly we realized we're that good. Yes it is a great squad, yes Tchouameni and Rudiger were quality signings. But it could have been better, we had the means to make it better and we didn't do that.

Ironically, the worst part is if we underperform because of that (and because of rivals becoming stronger) this season, thats when the panic moves and money throwing will start to happen. Its like fans only retain the good memories.

arcane, Deep Pal, boeder and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We won't make panic signings anymore. We will wait for great talents to be available. That's what happened with Alaba, Camavinga, Rudiger and Tchouameni. We didn't sign Tchouameni because a DM was urgent need, but because market offered a great young DM. Else we'd have waited for a year or two with Case continuing as corner stone.

Calafat worked on Camavinga deal for almost a year and he traveled to Monaco in October 2021 to meet with Tchouameni camp. In attack, RM standard will always be finding superstar talents like Benzema and Vinicius as starters. I wish Odegaard was a bit more patient because he was a right bet club made early on and way better than many underwhelming players suggested in this thread.

sneakking, RMSocrates, Aensensen and 3 others repped this.
  6. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Agreed. It's that they live in this false sense of security.

"Like calm down guys, we won the double and have 2 world class legends in Modric and Benzema who are 36 and 34, respectively." Newsflash - they cannot keep carrying the team every week.

Great teams plan ahead [we've done that with the recruitment of Tchouameni, Vini Jr. and Camavinga, possibly Tobias]. But even better teams plan for the current state of the team. We seem too passive in the market given our caliber.

7. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Doesn't he have a buy-back option?

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Only first refusal option. He was disappointed after we called him back from La Real loan and didn't get enough minutes. Then really loved playing for Arteta on loan at Arsenal after leaving RM mid season.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This kid has a special talent. I just hope the rest of him develops as well.

ImadEdd and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Cry cry baby. You're describing yourself.

No shit, and I responded mocking you in which you have responded by crying at me instead of the club.

Great soliloquy but we don't have infinite money and need to plan and budget... not just throw out cash for the sake of some people's insecurities.

No panic buys. Sorry maybe you should go support barca since that seems to be their new theme.

Icalldibbs repped this.
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It’s a 60m release clause, so who they want to sell is irrelevant. It’s up to the player.

ImadEdd repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #88 4x4s, Sep 3, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    Jovic is better than Schick. If that's the level we're looking at, buenas nachos as the French say. I'd put Schick around the level Adam Szalai was.

Also, I don't know how to tell the math geeks that, but Haaland didn't want to join Madrid. It's that simple. If you look at the players that joined us, they signed as soon as the bell rang, Tchouaméni, Rüdiger, Alaba, Camavinga, the list goes on. The players that wanted to join us joined the team.

It's not like every player is on his knees with his hands out waiting for the magical Madrid phonecall. Some guys have different plans.

sneakking, ImadEdd, Aensensen and 3 others repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The sale of Casemiro seemed sudden and not planned. Also I think a player coming in didn't depend on money spent.

I think the players that could fit into this team and makes us better were not on the market.

15. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everyone here seems to be in agreement that we’re lacking something in attack, be it depth or starting quality. But it’s funny reading this thread where there seems to be two extremes and both sides are berating the other’s opinions. Kind of reflective of modern day society. Some are hell bent on defending the club’s every action as if they can do no wrong, others overlook the positives and try to highlight the negative. Reality is both arguments have merit, but as always truth is somewhere in the middle.

Personally, I don’t buy that there isn’t anyone out there who would be an improvement on Mariano for the right price. Cavani, Dzeko, RDT, Correa (Inter), Zapata etc. heck even Joselu would probably add more than Mariano and be a more reliable back up. On the other if the only choice is spending obscene amounts on the likes of Schick then I’d rather sit back and wait for better opportunities. Same goes for the RW position.

I still think, provided we get no major injuries, that we’ll be fine. I do worry that we’re leaving ourselves with too much to do next summer by not addressing certain issues this year though. Anyway transfer season is over, time to get behind the team and enjoy the ride.

zizou555, Aensensen, RoadMan and 4 others repped this.
  16. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    Cavani could have been an option, but we also dont know how he has aged. His time with Valencia will tell. Dzeko, general consensus here was he would not come to be backup. RDT would be available only for above 40m, pass. no idea about correa and Zapata, if they would be available and how much.

17. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If the option is to start with Joselu as your striker in a crucial match or start without a striker at all, the strikerless formation is it. Cavani also looked absolutely washed up in Manchester, not sure what people would've expected there.

The position has been dry of Premier talent for an eternity and the old guys are now too old in my opinion.

Dortmund replaced Håland with Haller and Modeste. The gulf in quality is huge, not because of finances, but also because of availability.

Saeta Rubia and RMSocrates repped this.
  19. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Joselu? Correa? So want sign these guys to 3+ year deals then complain about them like Mariano after one season?

Maybe it’s just me but makes little sense to replace Mariano with the same quality or marginally better yet being stuck with that quality for more years due to not being able to move them.

sneakking, Excape Goat and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  20. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol you might be right, I just really don’t rate Mariano, like at all. And not every player will pull a Mariano, that’s what you get when you overpay a player, am not suggesting we do that. Mind you, we’re talking about a back up here not a starter. Anyway let’s agree to disagree, I’ll leave it at that.

21. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Any chance we might see this year in our A team arribas,marvel,peter gonzalez ,vinicius tobias or any other promising youngster from Castilla?Those of you who follow Castilla.Which of Castilla guys promises most?and has most chance to be in first team

22. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Iker Bravo and Vinicius Tobias are registered for the UCL.

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Arribas should be playing games for the first team at certain points, otherwise keeping him with Castilla after what he did last year makes absolutely no sense.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed re Schick, i can't even imagine why that name is in the convo, however on point one i don't think you will find one single poster here who thinks that there is no one out there who would be an improvement on Mariano, if you can find a poster who thinks that please point me to him/her, but Mariano is here, i imagine if Mariano actually left the club we would have bought a player in, but i really don't think he is part of the general conversation with regards to the attack, at least by us fans, other than we can't believe he's still here and refusing to leave.

I was one person who was comfortable with Mayoral being a backup for Benz and was surprised that no one was bought to replace him when he left, it was that simple for me, i know a lot of posters were not satisfied with Mayoral being the backup and that's where i think originally the differing views started as far as our attack is concerned, but i think most fans would have liked to see some kind of addition once Mayoral left even if it's a youngster from Castilla

Shay Z and RMSocrates repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why wouldn't a guy that logs in thousands of minutes in top tier football, plays for his national team not join a team where he'll play about 500 and be forgotten by everybody in the process? :D

I've said it a million times, the only way you can entice a guy to sacrifice his career for a bench spot is to pay him more to sit, than he'd earn to play, enter Mariano again.

sneakking, Shay Z, Umar and 5 others repped this.