The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "enemies".

2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looked awesome when he played against us.

A lot of interest around him, Arsenal, Newcastle, Dortmund, Juve all linked with him.

3. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Not sure it is true

Attached Files:

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is a child. It's part of the risk.

temesgen repped this.
  5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Agreed, development at that age isn't straight up.

6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We hit with Vini and Rodrygo, missed with Reiner. But it's kinda funny that we paid 70+M for a 16yo when the club balks at 100M for more proven players.
    Like how much more would Endrick cost at 18 in Brazil even if he shined?

When it's a player from any league that isn't PL or La Liga everybody is like "Bundlesliga/Uber Eats/Serie A tax". But if it's from Brazil it's OK.

Lyra, Deep Pal, W8W8 and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I know it’s still a long way to go to see if Endrick will pan out as a player or not. What I don’t like is that we’ve bought into the bias as a club that since Vinny/Rodrygo worked out, that Enrdrick is someone we should bank on the future as a superstar.

It’s a high risk, high reward transfer. We can’t be living in that world often.

8. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have only paid 35 ME for Endrick. Everything else are add ons which by the looks of it will not be triggered. 35 ME wouldn't even get you Declan Rice in today's market so yes definitely we are doing the right thing by investing in these young teenagers

Deep Pal, Anon., Aensensen and 1 other person repped this.
  9. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Why woildnt they be triggered? We dont know yet hes so young. I trust in calafat

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Endrick is 16.

Anyone expecting him to be banging goals in a senior league with ease has significant mental problems.

This adversity is good for him and if he can learn and grow it will make him very strong mentally.... just like the other Brazilian teenager many here loved to abuse Vinicius.

PigBenis, RMSocrates, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How much more would Endrick cost had we made a move when he turned 18? He wouldn't be for sale because he'd have been a PSG player already at 16. Or Chelsea. We were not the only ones who wanted to sign him at 16.

Many here actually shit on our Brazilian signings actually and even Vini who's our best attacking player this season. No one is really unbiased just ike you had a soft spot for Jovic, Kovacic etc due to the region they come from.

Shay Z and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Players don't hit the balance sheet as "100 mil. for Playerinho", they land as "cost for 5 years of service 100 mil. plus wages and bonuses", which means a proven player might cost you up to 170 mil. for 5 years of service while a young guy you land for 60 will run you for less than half that, and after 5 years you potentially have an invaluable asset in your hands.

13. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Endrick was wanted by some teams like us, Chelsea, Barca , PSG and more. Juni Calafat marked him as the biggest thing in Brazil. It’s a bet, yes. We didn’t had much time to consider. But he is still 16 and in development. I’m not quite sure about his Role as a 9 (he’s height is an issue). I still think in 2024 we should consider Mbappe or Haaland.
    Let’s not forget Alvaro Rodriguez which he 1.93 height and big potential.
    I still think we should sign also Vitor roque. He is the next thing in Brazil with Endrick, and reported Barca close to sign him. We don’t need to reinforce them.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Or potentially lose all of that bet money on that young prospect.

You have to admit, it's riskier going for players so young. And 35 mil isn't cheap either.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    35 M is cheap in this market. Our back up full backs going back to 2011 used to cost 30 M or more. Coentrao (30 M), Danilo (32 M), Odriozola (35M). Big clubs get a talent for 30 M+ these days if there's only a year of contract left.

Look at 700 M Chelsea had to pay in last 6 months and none of them are in the league of Vini talent wise. Endrick had to face the kind of pressure Vini went through due to the talent he is and his pricetag at 16. Like YS said, that could equip him for future given the pressure at RM.

RMSocrates, Shay Z, libertao and 2 others repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    €35M is cheaper than what Liverpool spent on Darwin Nunez.

Same Nunez some on here were clamouring for last season might I add.

17. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    It is. But the club has to wait a couple of years before they could even field Endrick. Lots of things to happen between now and then.

18. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Cheap for a 16 year old?

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are we signing him to play for Castilla at 16 (which wouldn't be legal anyways)? We are paying 35 ME plus add ons for what he will do through the length of his first contract which is from the age of 18 to 24. We paid 45 ME for Vini for what he'd provide from 2018-24.

Some mention Reinier because he's been a flop so far, but he was signed when he turned 18. Unlike Vini, Endrick at 16, there weren't top clubs fighting for Reinier even after his impressive debut season in Brazilian Serie A. Flamengo had 80 ME buyout clause inserted seeing the price tag of Vini and Rodrygo. Ended up selling for 30 ME couple of years later as interest from Europe was nowhere near the same.

I read in Dortmund they thought Reinier didn't have football as a priority. Maybe that explains how he played so little there. We over looked that side with Jovic as well as he clearly had off field issues at Benfica. I'd rather have passionate players who cares and gets concerned when their performance is not upto mark like Vini, Endrick rather than those who mail it in when they get a big contract like Jovic and apparently Reinier. Former type will be termed mentally fragile until their perseverance takes them through to the next level.

Anon., boeder and Deep Pal repped this.
  20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From that perspective alone it looks like a really bad deal. Huge financial outlay to have to sit and wait for two years before can get any use. What are the chances that with the money already in hand the club he's at just totally neglects his development from here in out and we get a washed up 18 year old.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There's performance based add ons at Palmieras as well as during his time at RM and hence it's 35 ME plus 25 add ons. We didn't even have such add ons as incentives to Flamengo and Santos yet both Vini and Rodrygo played a ton there until they joined RM. People keep finding all these hypothetical negative scenarios when we have actually addressed such loopholes this time.

Shay Z and Deep Pal repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It's called patience and an investment.

Microwave culture smh.

23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With Vinicius we only had to wait a year and in the meantime he was becoming the star in a Flamengo team competing for the Copa Libertadores. I can remember looking for game times to watch the future crack. I'm not getting the same vibe here.

"Reports" are that the 16 year old player is suffering from anxiety during a months long scoring drought that began almost immediately after getting into the headlines for a blockbuster move to a European giant, and has of now been dropped to the bench and is not playing at all in the last couple of weeks.

24. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    The chances of Endrik succeeding or failing is exactly 50/50, why this unnecessary negativity then, we might just as well be a little patient and see how it pans out ?

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course, but then again, we signed Hazard as a safe bet and he's the worst deal we've ever made.

Everything is a gamble. I don't get into the fascination with those kids because there's always that kid at the youth level that should have been a star but nobody understands what happened.

It's just that other clubs get involved and fans get caught up in "winning the transfer"