The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're not getting a bank loan of over 300 million Euro to spend it on football players in this economy.

J-Mezzy and Excape Goat repped this.
  2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo and Mendy should fetch about 100, maybe more. But the massive freeing up of wages should add to the budget as well.

If we would need a loan I would assume it would be a lot less, considering we saved money for years in order to bring Mbappe here. It should be based on the same package.

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We eventually got Tchouameni later on. Also i doubt the package for all those players plus their wages for 5 years would be anywhere close to Mbappe. Probably almost double.

4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know a lot of people are emotional because we lost to Barcelona and VAR, but changing a lot of players all at once is going to have a big impact on the squad. We won’t just suddenly become better because your favourite players are in now. They have to fit into the squad. This team has done special things recently. A huge part of what won us the double last year was the spirit within the squad. That is something to really consider when you bring new players in, they need to fit.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It also practically never happens at this level.

6. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can think of Chelsea recently.

7. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    niiiiiiice

Lyra repped this.
  8. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    So we want to sell Rodrygo now?......smh..NO.

I'd rather sell Benz than Rodrygo....dude is still a kid but already has amazing experience and hasn't even scratched his ceiling yet.

No big on Bernardo Silva at RW..... Given our current issues, we should go for someone with better goalscoring capability than Bernardo..... I believe it should also be someone who knows how to get in the box at the right time when we're attacking from the left.... Vini breaks forward....and typically neither Benz nor Fede find themselves in the box.

Deep Pal and RMSocrates repped this.
  9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What we offered Mbappe was insane, so together with getting Hazard, Kroos, Mariano and other deadwood off the books, it should even itself out no?

Thats the idea, because the squad is not good. Obviously new players need to check a tactical fit, which also depends on the coach. But look no further than the team that just handed our ass to us at how a manager's tactical vision can be fulfilled with many new signings. Spirit is a part of the reason why we won, another part was quality, but the biggest one was sheer luck. Now that the quality has declined further, we can't keep being terrified of changes because tinkering might lead to worse outcomes. If done right, it can lead to much better outcomes. I swear the club somehow managed to brainwash its fans into embracing this risk aversion. It was never Madrid's identity as far back as I can recall.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kroos isn’t deadwood

Yes it is

I don’t think we should be looking to Barca for inspiration on how to run a club

Deep Pal, Digital and petros93 repped this.
  11. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    One hundred percent correct. Has been happening though ever since I've been watching the forum since 2015 or something. People act like this is Football Manager or FIFA. Imagine what's going to happen when the team isn't winning 5/8 ucls.

PigBenis, Deep Pal, YOUNGSTARS87 and 3 others repped this.
  12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This, reality, just names alone won't win you anything

How do we reconcile that with us being in the QF of the CL whilst they have been completely dumped out of Europe

13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When we were beating Farca home and away for fun year after year all was well, as soon as Farca win a game or two, the team is rubbish, like we are supposed to beat them always, that's never going to happen, i wonder what will happen if we beat them in the Copa, although i already know what will happen................ the Copa is worthless..... i can see it already.

14. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Deep Pal and W8W8 repped this.
  15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Ah the old click bait

Deep Pal, Lyra and petros93 repped this.
  16. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice list top scouting

libertao repped this.
  17. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Attached Files:

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Zidane05 and Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    It’s Mbappe or bust, again……

20. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    If we have a guarantee to get him in 2024 I’d be fine with that. But if it’s another “let’s see what happens (and that’s what it is) then the club needs to sign a RW.

Fullbacks can wait if the RW gets sorted.

21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I swear Florentino has been pulling or strings since 2017 with this "we're getting Mbappe next summer" bs. Also no thanks to Bellingham. Too expensive for a defensive midfielder and it means sticking Fede to the right wing for the long term. He doesn't belong there.

Cliche phrases like "names alone won't win you anything" are meaningless. Nobody here says "names will win you titles". Same with the age old wisdom "this is not football manager"; tell that to all the other top clubs which are properly reinforcing their squads instead of praying their geriatric stars pull off miracles every season.

And if you want to reconcile stuff, my advise would be to watch the game from the other day again. The internalization of risk aversion propagated by the club is insane. The long term future of the club is going to be in the gutter anyway if we can't secure success in the short term future.

Raul-7 repped this.
  22. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Since when is Bellingham a defensive MF?

Zidane05, Shay Z, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The priorities should be a right winger and a striker, but Perez seems to set his mind on Bellingham. I have many dilemmas about him. I don't think his addition to the team will have an immediate impact..... I don't mean that he is not a good player, but his addition cannot solve our two main problems. If the team has two big holes to fill, it will not be a completed team to challenge for the major titles. But on the absence of a good candidates for the two positions, Bellingham is not a bad idea. Seriously, who are the candidates? To me, it is either Osimhen or Kane for the striker. I have some question marks on Osimhen. Is he Real Madrid good? Kane is just a name to throw around. He might not even on our plan at all. Besides, both will be priced out of the market by the other clubs. Suffice it to say, Bellingham has the same issue, but as I mentioned, Perez is probably set to go all out on him. We still have the money to spend big on a single player, but not on several players in the same summer. Real Madrid is ahead of Liverpool in his transfer, but I am not sure about the two Manchester clubs. Bellingham can become a long saga..... and we all knew what happened to Mbappe and how he destroyed our chance with Haaland last summer. So if Osimhen is our plan B or C, he will not be coming at all.

I don't even have anyone in mind for the right wing position. Please do not mention Hakimi. I don't know about Saka. Both Leao and Kvaradona are left wingers in my opinion, but I have a feeling that Kvaradona might end up being Perez's main target this upcoming summer depending on the situation with Bellingham.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No one really talked about right winger when we had KCM and Isco was starting 2 CL finals. 4-4-2 will be the formation again if we get a midfield talent like Bellingham. Then it's about finding a good two way RB like Carva in his prime days which is no easy task either.