The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Every year seems like an eek it out year unless Florentino can spend on whom he wants (Mbappe).

Man, my hope is that he actually wants Bellingham because if he does he will make it happen. If he doesn't? Well Bellingham will be elsewhere and we will have another season of "enduring".

Shay Z, Anon., boeder and 1 other person repped this.
  2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I can understand and respect the fiscal responsibility shown by the club in recent history, I’m also worried about some missed opportunities and holding onto some mediocre players too long and unnecessarily (Odri/Lucas/Mariano/Hazard). I don’t want us to be complacent.

Shay Z and Anon. repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Agreed but that could also be why the club doesn't want to rush into the winter market and splash cash on a player who's perfectly happy to sit on the bench and drive Audi's everywhere. But I do think the RB and CF issue are screaming for attention and have been for some time....

Deep Pal, natenate101 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like clockwork, the Mbappe rumors are picking up again lol. 200 million this summer or free in 2024

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    PSG won't sell so it's whether he leaves in 2024 or renews for another half a billion.

Anon. and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It's far more likely we continue to make bets on youth with the periodic Ozil type of sale (to balance the books) than we see Mbappe wear white.

Anon. and 4x4s repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People really pinned their hopes on a player who we might have brought back, seen him destroyed and benched in 3 weeks and see another guy deflated in value on our team.

Maybe this just isn't our season. We'll see. I don't think anything we could do right now could make a considerable difference.

8. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Not doing anything surely won't change anything.
    We need a backup striker, that's for anyone to see, how badly we have struggled to score goals.

temesgen, Lyra, W8W8 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How many games do we have left and how many of those is Benzema ready to sit out for a guy to realistically make a difference?

This is no fantasy world where we find some guy that comes on for 15 minutes and nails it every time, then saya thank you and facks off when we land whichever star we put our eyes on, or stays nailed on the bench for an eternity.

Jesus was approached for example but he made it clear that having the full confidence and starting was prioritized.

What people feel like we should have signed simply isn't there.

10. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And when we (finally, if ever..) go for a blockbuster deal, watch how everyone will start yelling how Real Madrid ruins the market! Having said that, I kind of liked those "ruin the market" days, lol!

temesgen repped this.
  11. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Why destroyed? Because Ancelloti would refuse to use him?

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Florentino sure loves the praise he gets for being gentlemen.... all while we massively struggle. Fran Garcia ain't Gabriel Batistuta but damn we do need FB reinforcements and our manager literally refuses to use kids from Castilla.

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mendy went from "solid, our foundation" to "get this clown out of here" territory.

Fran Garcia would make a wrong move and he'd get torched.

Umar and petros93 repped this.
  14. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    That's BS. It takes more than "one" wrong move for the fan base to demand more.

We don't need to go into how the fans would share their displeasure if they think your form or talent aren't good enough.

If a player isn't up to facing that demand we know they're not cut out to play here.

Still don't see why you think he wouldn't up to the task.

Deep Pal, boeder, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This was a 5M flyer on a previous youth player to give us help in a position of need not a €100M purchase of a supposed superstar who is just a fat lazy class clown.

Ahmadi8, Deep Pal and boeder repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As Ancelotti said, it's better for him to finish the season there.

Throwing him into the fire in back to back Clasico games and CL knock outs means we're effectively burning him out if he has a couple bad days in those.

17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

What is he blabbering about? Mendy injury status was well known to everyone with more than enough hours left to the end of the window.

Deep Pal, temesgen and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. OMM13

OMM13 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Feb 5, 2021
    Spare the poor man. He's the one who has to show his face and try to justify the board's decisions even if he doesn't agree with it.

Deep Pal, Açores57, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  19. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zero logic in this case with LB. Zero. Can't understand.

Lyra and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Mendy is starting to remind me of Bale due to constant injuries, nevermind the defensive mistakes and inability to contribute going forward.

Any objective analysis of Mendy has to consider his lengthy fitness issues and his form.

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO Mendy is good squad player, don't know why someone wants him out. But he is not that starter, he shoulnd not start match after match like he is doing now. Well, before injury.

natenate101 repped this.
  22. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Deep Pal, dooda and Raul-7 repped this.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Squad player or starter a player needs to be healthy, at this point we have no ability to rely on Mendy's ability to play.

24. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    For me at least the great explanation as to why we arent buying is because we keep winning. I trust the the first season we go trophyless will be when flo pays big. It was supoee to be this last summer but we won the league and CL. I think flo saw it as a perfect oportunity to save one more year. Now that we could face a trophyless season I doubt flo will be like "no no wait, we do have the cash, i was hording it for the summer when people were gonna be asking for my head, but heres 6 mil to get fran".

The entire team is built to Florentinos liking. Getting players now would be accepting his mistake. He would rather just keep the old guard, trust them, and in case it all falls apart this seanon, flo will buy big and and probrably sell or realease a few pmayers the clubs on the fence about renewing (asensio, kroos, modric, mendy, carvajal).

If we win the league or CL i can see flo just kinda trying it out again while he half asses trying to get new players.

So honestly this season is dead to me. Id rather loose in CL semifinal and loose rhe league then have to go through this again next year. Also it was rhe season flo thought we would have mbappe and it turned out to be he season we lost casemiro.

25. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Could be true though we have plenty of examples where trophyless seasons didn't change Flo's strategy and the gaping holes in the squad were ignored (some of which still exist to this day).

Going trophyless could also mean panic/idiotic buys e.g. Hazard, Mariano, Jovic, etc.