The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** Raul Garcia. Ultimate scumbag.

rrrrrafik repped this.
  2. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Madrid comes with many perks. International stardom, Balon possibilities, trophies consistently, world class players I could go on. As a Gunner I am used to losing players from time to time but there is a time and a place for all that. Saka is living the dream for his club in his country and is a star kinda getting to levels of deciding games but as lazy or offensive as this sounds, Madrid or whomever wants him will always be there.

English players you have to recall love Madrid and your less fancy rivals in Catalonia for the aforementioned perks but aren't as eager to be snapped up as much as other European or South American prospects. Possible it comes later but just now and I can say that confidently.

boeder and .halamadrid2. repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ceballos: "I have four months left to finish my contract and it's time to grit my teeth. I have many games ahead of me to show that I have the level to continue playing for Real Madrid."

Hope he continues to play well and earn a contract renewal. We will need midfield depth with Kroos and Modric retiring soon. Ceballos can be a rotational piece like Kovacic was from 2015-18. Good to know that he wants to prove at this level rather than a free transfer to Betis.

Edino Edinho, Doni, libertao and 10 others repped this.
  4. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dani Ceballos has always been a competent and capable La Liga player, I see no issue renewing the player.

ImadEdd, Deep Pal and dooda repped this.
  5. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    Jude
    Camavinga

If we miss out on Jude, maybe. But he’s too good to rot on our bench

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    If Lucas can get a renewal, then I am sure Ceballos can get one. He’s a competent midfielder and it’s been said for ages.

Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  7. Álvaro Morata

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guys talking about Saka after todays game - im sure Arsenal fans were talking like that about Rodrygo after all those CL remontadas last season. People always think the dish on other tables is bigger and better than the one on your own.

Still Saka is amazing player and starts to show consistency. But we have Rodrygo.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  8. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    We need Benz replacement...both mbappe and haaland seem unavailabable...we cant expect Endrick in first season to be a star...Kane contract runs out in 2024...he might be available in summer for 40-50M€...which is a nice buy and with him and Endrick we would solve our attack for upcoming years

Edino Edinho, Deep Pal and boeder repped this.
  9. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    - Nacho should be renewed, I'd take him over current Carvajal and LV at RB any freaking day especially that Carlo isn't likely to give minutes to Vinicius Tobias. I haven't seen the right side active in a long time.

- Ceballos should be renewed.

- Asensio's situation is tricky. If he stays, Brahim Diaz is likely sold to AC Milan. And what if Marco returns to his old lazy ways after renewal?

- Not transfer related but imo Vini needs to start on the bench with Rodrygo taking his place on LW.

Edino Edinho repped this.
  10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Time to turn on the TV.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From Mbappé to Saka. Hm.

12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Re Saka - if you are paying for talent rather than just promise, you have to assess the player over two years as an absolute minimum.

Even then you might end up buying the latest Julio Baptista - just a decent player in red hot form.

Saeta Rubia, Glide84, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  13. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    The only difference for me is position

Rodrygo is at least just as good of a player, but a natural LW who can play across the line and as a 10 or Second striker

Saka is an out and out RW, which we desperately neeed. That’s where the fan chatter is coming from. I absolutely love Fede and the RW experiment worked kind of- but it’s not long term

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If we get Bellingham, 4-4-2 like 2016-17 is the way to go.

15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

RMadridistaReal: Madrid wants Bellingham at all costs this summer, but they know that they will need to sacrifice Modric or Kroos to get him.

Anon., Saeta Rubia, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  16. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006

"Real Madrid want nothing to do with Mbappe's situation at PSG"

Deep Pal, AppleBob86 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No sh1t Sherlock.

18. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    That's BS. He's a generational talent. If he's available he's coming.

W8W8 and Anon. repped this.
  19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that’s more or less what he says in the article. He says of course we wouldn’t close the door to him, but we’re not going to actively pursue him until PSG and/or Mbappe approach Madrid for serious talks. So we’re not going to interfere at any sign of turmoil over there.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    They would never sell to us even if he begged them. He and his mommy made their decision. We have moved on. Time for some here to move on as well.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You’re very likely right. Rumors will persist given the structure of the contract though. If the reports are true that he has a 2+1 and has an out in summer 2024, then their only time to cash in would be this coming summer. They may not care about our money and so the odds are slim, but it’s a business in the end of the day.

There is also the speculation that they wanted him to stay a PSG player throughout the World Cup and then would be willing to sell. There is also speculation they want to make advances in the English market and perhaps sell a minority stake of PSG to American investors.

Not worth getting hopeful anytime soon, but anything is possible

Lyra repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    They aren't cashing in. They have no need to cash in. They aren't selling to us and we have moved on.

We literally couldn't even afford to purchase him and then match his wages.

People need to let this guy go.

Anon., Ahmadi8 and temesgen repped this.
  23. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #2498 boeder, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    I don't think Uncle Flo will let it/him go.

I think Mbappe's arrival at RM was merely deferred until he can bag in more Qatari cash and weather the indirect governmental blackmail storm incited by France and Qatar.

As per reports, he's free to leave by summer 2024 if he chooses to opt-out of the optional 3rd year.

But how "optional" is that extra year? And how "free" is he to "choose"?

Whether he ends up at RM or not, get ready for a LONG saga. This, I feel, is far from over.

[​IMG]

libertao repped this.
  24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Messi nearly bankrupted Barca, and Mbappe is just as greedy. We can't afford him, it's as simple as that.

Mbappe will play for a state sponsored entity, that's it and it's ok. Most teams don't have Mbappe and every team that's won something important sans the WC 4 years ago has done it without Mbappe. Complete luxury signing.

YOUNGSTARS87 and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shay Z, S1na, AppleBob86 and 3 others repped this.