~the New Captain~

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TxTechGooner, Jul 21, 2004.

1. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    has to be sol if he signs a new contract. but dont do it for the same reason as paddy did. all this talk of an agreement between AFC and PV signing a contract last season so we can get more money for him this season must be pure ********** otherwise AW wouldnt have made vieira team captain

2. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    i think it would be wicked if TITI stood up and the team delegated him captain... he is so passionate about getting the boys up for it (i can just hear some of you say how he hangs his head)... but the guy is perfect for doing it on the pitch as well as being vocal to the boys... it might step his game up even another notch.... would be solid~~

3. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    All "New Captain" threads merged.

And does anyone realize that the radio station reporting that a fee has been agreed on is a mouthpiece for Real?

4. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    I'm not questioning his leadership qualities off the pitch, but..on the pitch I don't think he's much of a leader, he's abit negative...lol :D

5. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I do....just wish Sky and BBC knew that.

6. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: who will be our captain now?

Dang Phishy! I forgot about him...its his for sure!

7. asfoolasiam

asfoolasiam New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Takoma Park
    Club:
    DC United
    I wish that more of us here knew that; or at least erred on the side of assuminng that Vieira is staying. With that in mind, my three picks for captain next year are:

1. Vieira
    2. Sol
    3. Toure (I'm only worried that it would be too early for him, but he has such a positive attitude.)

8. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Maybe, but they were the first media outlet to break the purchases of Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, and Beckham ...

9. AmericanGunner

AmericanGunner New Member

Sep 7, 2003
    U.S.A.
    This may have been suggested in prior posts but I'm too lazy to go through 6 pages of posts. Well, according to reports the unthinkable is happening he is gone.
    So, I recommend for the new captain we put it to a team vote. Wenger tells them who NOT to pick. Its not the most popular player or the best player. What you should pick amongst yourselves is the player who is a leader. A player that may have to either cheer up the team or yell at them when its needed.
    Let them pick using that criteria.

10. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    ive been hearing that vieira would like to leave cos he wants to play with real madrids so called 'galacticos'. who are these galactico's anyway. grandad figo? fatti ronaldo? grandpa zidane? comon please all these real madrid players are past it. if they do not get vieira this season, watch them have a very miserable season this year

11. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not trying to bust on you MT so don't get mad at me but you are not Henry's biggest fan so I don't think your statements about Henry are objective............ and therefore need to be discounted! ;) hee hee hee

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sol! Sol! Sol! Sorry, starting the chant now. He is a great asset and gives 100% on the pitch every match. Ashley Cole is my 2nd choice. Sol barely eeks out Cole for me.

13. OptiOne

OptiOne New Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Va
    I'd say Campell, then Pires, then Ashely Cole
    but I really like Pires, so i want him to be captain

14. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    Being a captain is not about who is the most liked, it's about who is the best leader and can command respect from the players.