The Netherlands - Oranje Leeuwinnen & Eredivisie

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by desinho, Jan 11, 2022.

1. I think, given the disproportional number of acl injuries with women football, somebody should call on this EU law:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directive_89/391/EEC
    upload_2024-2-29_14-54-3.png

And for the Dutch this law:
    https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbeidsomstandighedenwet
    The Working Conditions Act (or ARBO for short) is a Dutch law that contains rules for employers and employees to promote the health, safety and well-being of employees and self-employed entrepreneurs. The aim is to prevent accidents and illnesses caused by work. Since 2020, the Working Conditions Act has been thoroughly amended due to the corona pandemic because employees now have to work from home more often.

L'orange repped this.
  2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There was a comment by Spitse the other day about contracted players in the Ladies Eredivisie. Apparently the current regulations are the teams only need to have four players under contract which means essentially the rest are year to year and thus free agents at the end of that season. She wants to see contracts for all players. I'm not sure what the financial status is for all the clubs but certainly the lack of contracts is something that should be addressed.

L'orange repped this.
  3. Oh no..:(
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...der-het-mes-moeilijk-en-frustrerend~a86a245b/
    Vivianne Miedema has to go under the knife again with a knee injury: 'Difficult and frustrating'
    Vivianne Miedema is out for several weeks. The players of the Dutch and Arsenal have to be operated on her meniscus. Miedema suffers from the same knee that she was badly injured with.
    Daniël Dwarswaard 01-03-24, 12:36 Last update: 13:30

kribi, Orange14 and blissett repped this.
  4. https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...wente-omver-in-historisch-bekerduel~a98bee97/
    Feyenoord blows away defending champion FC Twente in historic cup match

upload_2024-3-14_22-32-46.png

Feyenoord Women played their best game of the season when it had to. The Rotterdammers blew away defending champion and top favorite FC Twente in the cup tournament: 3-0. With that, the women's team is in the semi-finals of the KNVB Cup for the first time in its existence.

Klaas-Jan Droppert 14-03-24, 21:38 Last update: 22:05

No less than 31 points are in the Eredivisie between leader FC Twente and number 8 Feyenoord in the ranking. While the Tukkers seem to be heading for the championship unthreatened, the Rotterdammers are having a disappointing season for the second year in a row. The intended goal of reducing the gap with the top 2 (FC Twente and Ajax) has not come to fruition. Partly due to the lack of a striker in the first half of the season, only two victories were recorded before the winter break.

Only after the arrival of Toko Koga and Ella van Kerkhoven did Feyenoord show what was actually intended this season. Since February 16, they have only won in the competition and in the eighth final of the KNVB Cup ADO Den Haag were eliminated.

'Star ensemble'

But even then, you would expect FC Twente, which won 0-3 at Varkenoord earlier this season, not to be surprised. And that was exactly what happened to Joran Pot, coach of the Tukkers. In order to allow everyone of his 'star ensemble' to play, he sacrificed the regular right back Leonie Vliek and put international Wieke Kaptein in that position. Furthermore, Lieske Carleer was given a chance in the middle of the back.

In doing so, he played into Feyenoord's hands. Torny's team folded back and lurked on the errant pass of the shaky rearguard and then broke out at lightning speed with Ella van Kerkhoven, Esmee de Graaf, Sanne Koopman and Romée van de Lavoir.

And Carleer often made those wrong passes, although Kaptein also shared in the malaise. Stupid loss of possession by the occasional right back led to the 1-0. De Graaf stole the ball, passed it and Koopman scored via Van Kerkhoven after just seven minutes.

Feyenoord were then able to play their favourite game by slumping and relying on their defensive qualities (something that is already the strongest aspect of the squad). The home team then waited for FC Twente's next mistake to strike again. After a free kick and a cross from De Graaf, Van Kerkhoven headed in after 34 minutes: 2-0.

In the second half, Feyenoord didn't budge with the strong central duo of Amber Verspaget and Celainy Obispo and things only got better for the Rotterdam team. Van de Lavoir was sent away with a deep pass from the outstanding Sisca Folkertsma (ex-FC Twente) and shot in diagonally after 55 minutes: 3-0.

With Ajax and the winners of Fortuna Sittard-FC Utrecht and Excelsior-Heerenveen as semi-finalists, the road to a prize is suddenly open with a favorable draw. Needless to say, Jessica Torny, from Vriezenveen, was the only happy Tukker afterwards. A boost that she could really use with an expiring contract.

JanBalk and Lechus7 repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So it looks like Toko Koga had a positive impact on the team: happy for that; she's very young, but she's already in contention for a place in Japan's Senior Team roster (although it's still in doubt if this year she's going to be in the Senior Team's Olympic roster or in U-20 World Cupìs roster).

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  6. So this is the Cup draw:
    upload_2024-3-18_23-39-48.png
    Ajax vs Feyenoord
    The other semi is between Excelsior and Fortuna Sittard.

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  7. Groningen University is going to do research on female acl injuries.
    https://nos.nl/artikel/2513250-spec...ssures-bij-pubervoetbalsters-helpen-voorkomen
    The research has attracted the interest of UEFA.
    It's going to be conducted in a way, like nowhere else, in 3D.
    It's an interesting article on a very urgent issue. Use google translate if interested.
    When something translated seems odd, it might be it's wrong. In that case post the part to be translated and the translation and I will look at it.

L'orange repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In other words, one of the semifinals is secretely the final? :coffee:

9. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Terrible news--and Euro qualifiers coming up!

feyenoordsoccerfan and blissett repped this.
  10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Feyenoord dream will quickly end.

11. upload_2024-3-20_15-35-6.png
    Well, that's what FC Twente thought too.

12. There are going to be two new female teams added to the first division, De Graafschap and NAC Breda. This means that pro/rel is going to be introduced to the women leagues.
    De Graafschap is starting its first women's team together with MVVA, a youth academy for football players in the Achterhoek. "In the whole of Gelderland, there are no teams for talented female football players. We are filling that gap," says Hilde Gerritsen, one of the two football managers of De Graafschap Vrouwen. They now have 120 players and want to build a team with young players from their own academy, supplemented with players from the Bundesliga. "The step across the border is not that big for us," says Gerritsen. "Women's football is contemporary. It is impossible to imagine life without it and the growth is enormous," says technical director Peter Bijvelds of De Graafschap.

Also in the news a completely new all female professional club, Hera, is on it's way to be set up, with it's home base the Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam.
    https://nos.nl/artikel/2513461-nieu...-de-maak-met-olympisch-stadion-als-thuisbasis

Lechus7, Orange14 and L'orange repped this.
  13. Feyenoord women to play match against FC Utrecht on May 11th in the "Kuip".
    They played in the Philips stadium filled with over 12,000 fans against PSV this weekend, 1-1!
    upload_2024-3-27_22-16-55.png
    Hope the numbers go up and up.
    Would be awesome for the women.

Orange14, L'orange and Lechus7 repped this.
  14. Chasity Grant had to flip a switch to return to the Orange Lionesses: 'People said to me: 'Come on Chas!''
    Battered, the Orange Lionesses have gathered again in Zeist. The many injuries offer opportunities for new players to step up in the upcoming European Championship qualifiers. One of them is Chasity Grant, who stood out with Ajax in the Champions League this season. "I hope I can get some minutes."

L'orange repped this.
  15. L'orange repped this.
  16. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    What to expect from the Dutch tomorrow against Italy in their Euro Qualifying match? Who knows. The team will be without 5 starters---Miedema, Martins, Groenen, Roord and Van Domselaar--which could make it a difficult match indeed.

blissett repped this.
  17. https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/6308016/j...n-getrapt-een-klassieke-italie-nederland.html
    [​IMG]
    Jonker bummed after los: "We've fallen for it, a classic Italy - Netherlands"

5 apr 2024 om 23:01 Update: 13 uur geleden

Andries Jonker is frustrated after the 0-2 defeat of the Orange against Italy in the European Championship qualification. The coach saw his team control, but not dangerous. "This was a classic Italy-Netherlands," Jonker said at the online press conference. "We had almost 65 per cent of the possession, but they scored two goals and got the points. In other words: we fell for it." Jonker watched as his team fell behind after just four minutes when Valentina Giacinti sneaked away from the back of Sherida Spitse and shot flawlessly.

"Then you fall behind the facts and you can't get back to it. We still had a lot of control, especially in the first half. But we didn't become dangerous. You don't buy anything for that. Then you lose. Pretty hopeless." Despite the third defeat in a row, Jonker is not worried. Earlier, the Dutch lost to Spain and Germany in the Nations League. "There's nothing wrong at all. We have deservedly lost twice to the world champion and a top-eight country. That was at a time when we weren't ready and not fit for that. Now we're missing half a team."

Jonker missed veterans: 'Jonker missed veterans: 'We have to make strides''

Jonker was forced to start against Italy with a heavily changed Orange. Lieke Martens, Jackie Groenen, Vivianne Miedema, Jill Roord and Daphne van Domselaar were unavailable due to injuries. "I'd like to see it again when they're there. Then we have a completely different game. But even with the team we have now, we can win against these kinds of countries. Then we have to take steps." Jonker hopes that his team will perform better against Norway.
    Next Tuesday, the Dutch team will take on the Norwegians in the Rat Verlegh Stadium in Breda. That match starts at 8:45 p.m. cest

Ethan Frank, L'orange and blissett repped this.
  18. dravde

dravde Member

Atalanta
    Sweden
    Mar 19, 2024
    #621 dravde, Apr 6, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
    Think it's a bit silly to lift up their high ball percentage, when Italy scored in the 5th minutes and probably sat down deep by their own will, while Netherland were passing the ball around ineffectively. He's very right about the absences though, thats a massive loss of great players, Jees!

blissett and JanBalk repped this.
  19. Ethan Frank

Ethan Frank Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Jun 11, 2019
    I guess it might have been taken out of context a little, but apparently, Beerensteyn did some "smack talk" before the match. I don't know why the Dutch keep doing this (Van de Donk, Beerensteyn, and even Damaris before the Spain match and Jonker before the US match to a lesser extent). Beerensteyn can't keep doing this, especially when she's not playing particularly well.

The Dutch are still feeling the absence of Van der Gragt. Damaris and Van de Donk are often hyped/praised more than Groenen, but she is a big miss alongside Roord. The Dutch just don't have elite attacking talent right now even with Martens and a not 100% Miedema. Jonker says Brugts will eventually be played as an attacker, just not right now. I can't wait.

20. dravde

dravde Member

Atalanta
    Sweden
    Mar 19, 2024
    #623 dravde, Apr 6, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2024

21. Ethan Frank

Ethan Frank Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Jun 11, 2019
    I don't know; it was an Italian tweet that I autotranslated. Something about the Italians playing tough and complaining a lot and how they celebrated a 1-0 friendly win vs the Dutch like they had won the World Cup.

22. dravde

dravde Member

Atalanta
    Sweden
    Mar 19, 2024
    Think I read a bit about what you're refereing to. I think what she said is only fair and true and I like italian NT. Sadly they will never stop with their shithousery, a bit sad cause womens football has been pretty protected from this before.

If I would single out the three biggest sinner in Italy I would say Giacinti, allthough I love her, but she's always dramatic and complaining, then theres Bonfantini, who always does the same dive and referees fall for it! and Caruso, who is nice but very dirty. The other thing I read she said was that Italy celebrated a friendly against Netherlands a few years ago like they won a wcup. Now that I only think is a charming side of Italy, yes they like very much to celebrate , even small wins and goals.Compare that to Barca when they score some goals , they barely smile, a bit off a turn off for me.

blissett and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.