News: The Napoli Financial Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by indestructible, Apr 17, 2019.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I found a very good thread this morning on Twitter by a user named Swiss Ramble on twitter. You can find his blog here https://swissramble.blogspot.com/

In this thread he lays out the finances for Napoli in the 2017/2018 season. I find this interesting because it puts somethings into perspective about the actual health of the club.

I'm going to be cherry picking some of the bits I think are most interesting

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In 2016/17 Napoli recorded huge profit but the next season we showed a loss of 3 million. Compared to the rest of italy, we're in a good spot. I have no idea what's going on with Milan

3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

The only reason we recorded a profit that year because of one certain player's departure. I wonder who that could be

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have looked at the accounts in the past. Will read these as well.

Great post.

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    SSCNapoli have now made 3 losses in the last 4 years, though have accumulated €190m profits in the last decade. Owner Aurelio De Laurentiis has said that accounts in the red represent a “stain” on his reputation and expects the club to return to the black in 2018/19.

This shows what a fraud ADL is. Makes huge profits and turns minor losses in three years into an issue to justify how he is doing.

I would also like to see the cash flow statement because in the end that is all we care about.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Also the accounts reveal that we are not a well run club.

Our strategy is contingent on player sales and we do very little to increase other revenue.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7 CarecaNapoli, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Compared to the other leading Italian clubs, #SSCNapoli revenue growth has been on the low side. For example, since 2012 their revenue has grown by just €34m, compared to Juventus €200m, Roma €134m and Inter €80m (though Milan have fallen by €49m.

Again shows we are not doing enough.

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks to their sustainable approach over a number of years, #SSCNapoli have an incredible €119m cash balance, which is well over twice as much as the nearest Italian club, Roma €48m. To place this in context, the other 19 Serie A clubs combined have €187m.

9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We are fiscally responsible compared to the others. Technically we’re healthy. But it’s clear that at present we’re maxed out in terms of how much revenue we can generate. This is why one of our important players is leaving this summer

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is my point. Being responsible that not mean we are professional. We are conservative which is good. But we are doing nothing to increase revenue.

11. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Great thread, amazing post. I've been looking for information like this

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In news that’s not surprising, revenue is down 30% from last year

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This shows how bad ADL's strategy is.

You cannot rely on continuously making money off transfers and grow. IT does not work like that.

We need a different approach and it won't happen under ADL.

Sacki repped this.
  14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That's a lot lower than I expected, so I'm surprised

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very interesting news concerning ADL's other company filmauro :

https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2019/05/08/de-laurentiis-business-filmauro-patrimonio-calcio-cinema/

The company is now branching out into the restaurant and food industry.

Now the optimist in me believes that IF the san paolo ever gets leased to SSC Napoli, ADL will be ready to easily implement the services and amenities.

This morning on the radio, it was reported that ADL will present a new project to the city of Naples. The architect Gino Zavanella was spotted at Castel Volturno this week and it's said that he will be designing the project. (He designed the Juventus stadium)

The plan is to eliminate the bottom tier of the san paolo and extend the second tier to the field. Build new sky boxes etc.

https://www.tuttonapoli.net/in-prim...iglietti-con-55mila-abbonamenti-family-394862

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I read that. I just don't believe it.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently there are legal problems now that public money has been used on renovation and the athletic tracks.

He is fooling everyone knowing that full well.

18. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Swiss Ramble's the man.

It's one thing to demand more revenue, it's another to actually acquire it. You have to consider the context of the club/league and the market. And almost all clubs rely on sales to generate annual income.

The easiest (or simplest) way to make more revenue is to consistently qualify for CL and then make it out of the group stage, and hopefully go on a run. The CL revenues increased over 50% this season, so it's even more imperative in the future. Tottenham has made over 100m for this year's CL run alone. And this doesn't include the basics like exposure, match-day revenues, etc.

I mean, you brought in Carlo for a reason, no? There's no reason Napoli can't establish themselves as a club that routinely gets out of the group stage in the CL and it should be the next realistic goal they set internally. Hopefully, next season you don't get such a difficult group.

Euphorius Thor and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Financially Fiorentina will overtake us.

Juve, Inter, Milan and Roma already have higher revenues.

We really need a proper change.

20. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    It's going to be a while before you have to worry about Fiorentina, imo.

Sugar daddies can't really do what they once did unless you're Qatar or the UAE and you're in cahoots with UEFA.

I think it'll be a gradual rise for them.

21. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Don't mind him. I am the greatest pessimist on Earth, and I am so paranoid that even the people in front of me are following me, but whenever I read Careca's posts I feel like I need to bow before the one and only real harbinger of Doom.

Anyway, I feel like we should also take into consideration the sheer number of players that we can capitalize on to improve the balance of our books. We also have the CHL money along with high hopes to finally at least advance from the group, thence generating more money.

Also, we need not forget that we have capable staff, obviously. Carlo had some words of praise for Guintolli(read his last interviews), and things like this can matter a lot. It's not just how much money you have, but rather how well you can spend it.

Let's not forget, that money or no money, we have continuously been the only team to finish 2nd in SA, and even challenged the pigs quite seriously. And it's not that the competition does not exist(they spend money, though failingly), it's just that we have been better.

Damn, we have gone so far that not even changing the coach costs us the 2nd place. Now it's time to wait whether we can do more with the last change. No reasonable management that eventually leads to the success of a given team expects a given coach to win the 1st season, sts not even the 2nd or 3rd.

It's a collective effort, and that's why an evaluation is always necessary. Of course, there are often subjective opinions which are thoroughly incorrect, thus coaches can get fired even when they have done a great job yet failed to succeed because of bad work in other areas of the whole.

22. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Yeah, Giuntolli's good man. His work should speak for itself. Fabian Ruiz was a heist.

Yep. Any realistic should agree 2nd/3rd place consistently is all you can reasonably expect with the insane wealth of Juve.

23. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    How can Fiorentina overtake us without Champions League money, less gate revenue and less merchandise sales?

All the other clubs you mentioned (Milan specifically) are run horribly and are years away from us. This summer is huge for Roma as they can't bring in a big name without the Champions League and will be losing their best centre back (If rumours are to be believed), if they don't make the UCL for a 2nd straight year they're fcuked.

Juventus is run extremely well I won't even compare ...

We're the best run club outside of Juventus in Italy. I don't know how anyone can debate that.... Even without the UCL we managed to keep all of our stars and add Hysaj and Allan.

24. SSC_curva_B

SSC_curva_B Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Montreal
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hello my friends. I apologize for my long absence. I have spent the last 7 years in and out of jail, however since I've been in the can little has changed....we fail to win the title and always trail to Juventus. I hope 2020 will be our year.

indestructible repped this.
  25. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've missed you bro