The mystery absences?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by bigdush, Feb 25, 2005.

1. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    This has been on my mind for quite a long time now. Not that I've been putting much thought into it, but figuring that if I posted it that things might go crazy in here. I can't believe I'm realy going to post this, but I'm really bored right now at work and don't mind being made fun of as a result.

Many new players, those coming from outside of the youth system, seem to take breaks from the squad or have mystery illnesses. Some of the absences aren't spoken about by the club and some that are spoken about are labeled with very general tags such as, "kept out with a leg injury that occured in training".

I just thought that maybe when these players come in they're found to have taken some illegal substances, performance enhancers, etc. as part of their prior training. I've always wondered if the mystery "breaks" or absences were a result of the club trying to get them clean, train them and get them fit properly.

Just something different to discuss (or tear apart as the result might be) other than the AC Milan debacle.

Signed,
    Officially on crack, but still smart enough to run and duck for cover now.

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think protecting your players is the noble thing to do, and not something as insidious as covering up any drug taking...

3. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Oh how would we be able to answer these questions/speculations? We have access to the same news sources/stories everyone else does. You should call up Al and ask him...

4. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Hmf... he's engaged... again! I think he must have changed his number after the Paris Hilton phone hacking incident. Nuts.

5. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    MI, USA
    Ahh they do it in pro road cycling all the time.