The MVBM Movie/TV Quiz

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by jmh30, Jul 25, 2002.

1. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vinnie Jones Character in Snatch was Bullet Tooth Tony.

2. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alberto closes off items 14, 24, and 26, total of 5 points. B1 gets into the game by correctly naming Vinnie Jones's character in Snatch as Bullet Tooth Tony.

Standings are:

GringoTex 53
    DoctorJones24 18
    Obie 15
    CosmosRIP 15
    Noah Elliott 12
    Alberto 8
    B1 1

Quotes still on the table, looking for movie, character's name, and actor's name, unless otherwise noted.

9. "I'm not going to say any more than I have to, if that."
    11. "I don't care if she's my cousin or not. I'm gonna knock those boots again tonight." (Correctly identified as Jay in Clerks, still looking for actor.)
    12. "The gun again. Can't you guys just play nice?" (Correctly identified as Christopher Walken, still looking for movie and character.)
    16. "I'm not in the business. I am the business."
    18. "The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves."
    20. "See you on Monday. We'll be talking about Freud and why he did enough cocaine to kill a small horse." (Correctly identified as Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting, still looking for character's name.)
    21. "Hey, all brothers don't know how to use guns, you racist motherf***er." (Correctly identified as Sam Jackson in Die Hard 3, still looking for character's name.)
    25. "I'd give real money if he'd shut up."

3. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    11. Jason Mewes was Jay in Clerks
    20. Robin Williams played Sean
    21. Samuel L. Jackson was Zues?? I think

4. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    12. "The gun again. Can't you guys just play nice?" (Correctly identified as Christopher Walken, still looking for movie and character.)
    Suicide Kings?

5. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    B1 takes care of some more leftovers... Robin Williams's character in Good Will Hunting was indeed named Sean, Jason Mewes played Jay in Clerks as well as four other movies, and Samuel L. Jackson played Zeus (like the Greek god) in Die Hard 3. CosmosRIP correctly identifies Walken's line as being from the movie Suicide Kings.

Standings are:

GringoTex 53
    DoctorJones24 18
    CosmosRIP 16
    Obie 15
    Noah Elliott 12
    Alberto 8
    B1 4

Quotes still on the table, looking for movie, character's name, and actor's name, unless otherwise noted. The remaining ones might be a little tough, perhaps I'll throw out some hints in a little while.

9. "I'm not going to say any more than I have to, if that."
    12. "The gun again. Can't you guys just play nice?" (Correctly identified as Christopher Walken in the movie Suicide Kings, still looking for the character's name.)
    16. "I'm not in the business. I am the business."
    18. "The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves."
    25. "I'd give real money if he'd shut up."

6. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd give real money if he'd shut up."

Was this from the movie Made

7. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three word hints:

9. Mobster goes Hollywood
    16. Actress plays robot
    18. Far from typecast
    25. Alien quotes Shakespeare

8. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    guesses:

9. Mobster goes Hollywood
    Bugsy
    Warren Beatty
    Bugsy Siegel

16. Actress plays robot
    Blade Runner

25. Alien quotes Shakespeare
    Men In Black
    Will Smith

9. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Walken was Carlo in Suicide Kings.

16 & 25 are right there. It's killing me that I can't quite remember. What a terribly unproductive thread to find on a Friday. No work will be done today.

10. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    25. is A.I. I think it was Jude Law's Gigilo Joe. Not sure on the charachter, but I am on the movie

11. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves." Joe Pesci as Simon in With Honors . Thanks to a co-worker for this answer!

Of course this quote is from Blade Runner. Sean Young's charachter Rachel.

12. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think you're being unproductive, try WRITING the questions. :p

Walken's character in Suicide Kings was indeed named Carlo. B1's ID of 18 as being Joe Pesci as Simon in With Honors is also correct.

16 is from Blade Runner, 1 point for GringoTex for being the first to get the movie, 2 for B1 for the character and actress.

9 is not from Bugsy. 25 is not from Made, Men in Black, or A.I..

GringoTex 54
    DoctorJones24 18
    CosmosRIP 16
    Obie 15
    Noah Elliott 12
    B1 10
    Alberto 8

I didn't specify not to ask people for answers, just not to look them up on the Internet, but from this point forward, please don't ask around trying to find answers. I think it falls under the same category.

13. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9. Robert Duval playing Tom Hagen in The Godfather?

14. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quotes still on the table:

9. "I'm not going to say any more than I have to, if that." (Mobster goes Hollywood, satire with all-star cast)
    25. "I'd give real money if he'd shut up." (Alien quotes Shakespeare, part of a sci-fi series)

Moving on, we're going to do some Who Am I? All of these will be worth 10 points after the first clue, then decrease in value as clues get added.

27. My first wife left me for a woman. (No, I am not Ross Geller from "Friends".) (10 points)
    28. I received an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Illinois Wesleyan in 2000. (10 points)
    29. I'm tall. (10 points)
    30. I'm diabetic. (10 points)
    31. I started losing my hair at the age of 16. (10 points)

15. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    9. "I'm not going to say any more than I have to, if that." (Mobster goes Hollywood, satire with all-star cast)
    Get Shorty?

16. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Patrick Stewart?

17. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen his movies enough times to know it's Kevin Smith. As for the other questions??

I'm Tall -Tony Roberts? He was in Shallow Hal, he's tall.

I'm curious about # 27. I also now know the answer to #9, but I already guessed, and someone had to tell me, so I won't say.

18. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    27. My first wife left me for a woman. (No, I am not Ross Geller from "Friends".) (10 points)
    Rob Lowe?

31. I started losing my hair at the age of 16. (10 points)

John Malkovich?

19. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 to CosmosRIP for Get Shorty, 10 to B1 for Kevin Smith. Patrick Stewart, John Malkovich, and Rob Lowe are incorrect.

Standings:
    GringoTex 54
    B1 20
    DoctorJones24 18
    CosmosRIP 17
    Obie 15
    Noah Elliott 12
    Alberto 8

9. "I'm not going to say any more than I have to, if that." (Mobster goes Hollywood, satire with all-star cast) (Correctly identified as Get Shorty, still need actor and character.)
    25. "I'd give real money if he'd shut up." (Alien quotes Shakespeare, part of a sci-fi series)

Who Am I? still on the table:

27. My first wife left me for a woman. (No, I am not Ross Geller from "Friends".) I am 1/8 Cherokee.(8 points)
    29. I'm tall. I graduated from USC with a degree in Sports Information. (8 points)
    30. I'm diabetic. I'm from Cleveland. (8 points)
    31. I started losing my hair at the age of 16. I went to high school in livingston, NJ. (8 points)
    32. I'm not really Hispanic. (10 points)

20. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    27. My first wife left me for a woman. (No, I am not Ross Geller from "Friends".) I am 1/8 Cherokee.(8 points)
    Val Kilmer

32. I'm not really Hispanic. (10 points)
    Antonio Banderas

21. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    29. Tom Selleck?
    30. Halle Berry?
    31. Bruce Willis?

22. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    31. I started losing my hair at the age of 16. I went to high school in livingston, NJ. (8 points)
    Bruce Willis?

23. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Banderas was born in Spain. What did you think he was Greek? :D

24. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GringoTex is correct. Antonio Banderas is from Spain. According to Merriam Webster, the word "Hispanic" refers to someone of Latin American descent, which Banderas is not.

Alberto correctly identified Halle Berry as being diabetic and from Cleveland.

Willis, Selleck, and Kilmer are incorrect.

Standings:
    GringoTex 64
    B1 20
    DoctorJones24 18
    CosmosRIP 17
    Alberto 16
    Obie 15
    Noah Elliott 12

9. "I'm not going to say any more than I have to, if that." (Mobster goes Hollywood, satire with all-star cast) (Correctly identified as Get Shorty, still need actor and character.)

Who Am I? still on the table:

27. My first wife left me for a woman. (No, I am not Ross Geller from "Friends".) I am 1/8 Cherokee. I was an army kid, born in the Phillipines. (6 points)
    29. I'm tall. I graduated from USC with a degree in Sports Information. I do impressions. (6 points)
    31. I started losing my hair at the age of 16. I went to high school in Livingston, NJ. My name at the time was Jay Greenspan. (6 points)
    33. I’m one of the few actors with an honorary doctorate who actually attended the university from which I received the honorary degree. (10 points)
    34. I've been married more than once. (10 points)

25. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    27. My first wife left me for a woman. (No, I am not Ross Geller from "Friends".) I am 1/8 Cherokee. I was an army kid, born in the Phillipines. (6 points)

Lou Diamond Phillips?

29. I'm tall. I graduated from USC with a degree in Sports Information. I do impressions. (6 points)

Jim Carrey?

34. I've been married more than once.

Richard Burton?