"The MSG Soccer Report"

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by purojogo, Apr 15, 2006.

1. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess people who have the channel ought to try watching this show..

Description says: "Highlights of the past week in MLS"

Being shown today at 2:30 PM ET (5 minutes from now), again at 5:30 PM ET, 8PM ET, right before "Running with the Bulls" (no, not a show about matadors)

Other than "American Soccer" which in neither of the two shows so far has given us the full highlights of all MLS matches, i guess this is the alternative to the old MLS wrap.... Sure, the goals are online....but it is also cool when one can see stuff on TV...

Hopefully it is good...... I myself just became aware of its existence.....

P.S. the reason i post this here and not on the TV, media section is because things might "get lost" over there.. and this forum seems to get a lot more more attention....or at least it appears so to me.. PLus, it is news, so to speak.....

2. metrofan89

metrofan89 Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Its only about the Red Bulls. Used to be Metro Soccer Report, changed name to MSG Soccer Report when we became the Red Bulls. Dont watch it unless your interested in hearing about the Red Bulls, and a bit about the rest of the league.

3. thigpig

thigpig New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    upstate NY
    yeah they have always had this show. they don't just talk about red bulls, they talk about our national team and some other stuff. the behind the scenes coverage they had for the home opener was pretty lame though.

4. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    If your a Cablevision subscriber and have the I.O. You can push that I.O. button and look up the news & Sports Section. They have MSG Sportsdesk built in with news & video of the past games and of their shows if you missed it on their regular time.

I saw the latest MSG Soccer Report, without the commercials.

5. RSLKamasBranch

Nov 2, 2005
    Since this seem to be a bit about TV, what are some options for watching MLS highlights? Any shows out there that give a good recap of the week's action?

6. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm getting Sabers hockey which started at 7:00 pm. It won't be over until halftime of the RBNY game. Maybe it's just an upstate thing with the station that used to carry Sabers games getting dropped during the strike year.

FWIW, the guide was wrong a lot during NCAA bssketball season. Maybe MSG has regional programming.

7. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks....
    i figured it would be the successor to the Metro SR show.... But what's interesting is that, IIRC, MetroSR used to show all MLS highlights action, while this MSG SR does not... What a pity, as there are not that many TV outlets that show the highlgihts of MLS .... at least other than trying to watch every single MLS game on Direct Kick, not the most practical thing to do....

8. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MSG carries the Sabres upstate.I think they bought out Empire Sports Network,which used to have it.

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    correct.