The Most Hated Club in the Prem

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by choness2004, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlie_hammerfan

charlie_hammerfan New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Not true! I'm West Ham till I die.:p

2. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    here's some evidence I found on the internet

the moon landings were faked
    http://www.angelfire.com/space/fakemoonlanding/moon.htm

9/11 was caused by Mossad.
    http://www.apfn.org/apfn/wtc_summary.htm

McDonald’s serves a range of high-quality foods that can fit into a balanced diet
    http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/nutrition_info.html

the world is controlled by shape-shifting lizard people
    http://www.1111webdesign.com/PurpleCrow/Text-DavidIckeReptilians.html

absolutely f*** all, except some moron has spent some time making a stupid badge.

Go back over 20 years ago, and yes there were a few skinheads about, but skinheads were kind of fashionable in the early 80s. Reading do not have a firm. There is a group of lads, perhaps 15-20 or so in number who have a reputation for being a bit hot-headed, but that's it. I'm sure a few of them have mentalities picked up from editorials of the Daily Star, but it's a fair way from that and having swastika tattoos and declaring Adolf Hitler your lord and master.

The actual membership of neo-nazi groups is thought to be tiny, and as such they are prone to self publicity and love to claim things are being done in their name to make them sound more powerful. Combat 18 claimed responsibilty for a couple of bombs planted in gay pubs a few years back, even though it was nothing to do with them.

Linking football violence with unemployed disenfrachised neo-nazis here is the kind of lazy knee-jerk thinking that got disproven 20 years ago. As much as such groups love to claim influence, in truth they have almost none. People who fight here do so purely because they enjoy the buzz they get from it.

But apart from anything else, what have neo-nazis got to do with loyalists and hating catholics? Much points to Hitler himself being catholic (if not devout) and Nazism itself grew to a force in the most staunchly catholic areas of Germany. If if somebody had half a mind (it's all you need) to join combat 18, that wouldn't make them anti-catholic.

If catholics are so hated here, then why don't catholics here face persecution here? Why don't the Irish here for that matter?

Even when morons sing the worst "football" song going "No Surrender", what do you think the sentiment behind it is?

is it...

a) we hate the Irish* and want to persecute catholics.

b) we don't really appreciate being bombed, and don't want the bombers to win and feel their actions were therefore justified as a means to an end?

* people who sing that tend to hate everyone. It's just their nature to be miserable mean-spirited bastards - the kind of fans who at the world cup stood apart from all the fans who were there to have a good time as somehow they felt it beneath them.

3. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So, to sum up, you once saw a run-of-the-mill bit of casual kick off and, surprise surprise, not all the participants take The Guardian. Welcome to 1980's Britain. Or, to put it another way, welcome to the entirely ordinary experience of every English football fan old enough to have been going on at around that time. I still don't get your link to secterianism. Unless you think "Ingurland" fans singing "No surrender" is evidence of some deepseated obsession with the Irish Question. Most of the dolts singing it couldn't find Belfast on a map of Belfast, let alone lead discourse about the Troubles.

Fine, just don't pretend to be Irish. You're a Yank.

Oh - and thanks for OKTerrific for his latest entry into the annals of Plastic Paddy dementia. He wants me to die because of the post I last made in this thread.

Neg reps are so funny. I collect them. They're like little badges of fun.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    The "famed Kosher Nostra"? What, have you seen Bugsy twice?

5. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He's the one that likes donkey punching guys in chelsea shirts right?

6. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    chelsea... arsenal.. man u was 2nd for me now 3rd, horse face left, and beckham left a while back too.. but all of those teams are a glory hunter's paradise

7. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Nah, never really minded Man Utd, especially as they've kept Arsenal off the top on a fair few occasions, and they hate each other. My enemy's enemy is my friend and all that. And they gave us so much money for Carrick...

Felt the same way about Chelsea until the Arsenal saga, and the latest Lennon alleged tapping up. Now they top the list with Arsenal a close second. Newcastle third for no particular reason.

8. drew

drew New Member

Dec 31, 2006
    LISTEN YOU ALL KNOW MAN UTD ARE THE BEST CLUB IN ENGLAND,so why bitch bout it,take it as it is LOSERS

9. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    You're mad.

The best club is clearly not Man U.

It's Leeds. They own Man U.

10. drew

drew New Member

Dec 31, 2006
    ummmm r leeds in the drop zone in the champ lg? go to sleep and dream some more

11. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    O child, you must be educated.

Leeds are still the League Championship holders over United. You must recognize that players like Gordon Strachan, Lee Chapman, David Batty, and Gary McAllister will always be more widely reverred than your precious United bunch. They were true champions on England. Can United say that? I think not little Drew.

Not to mention the historic 5-1 whooping given to them at Elland Road on February 19th, 1972.

12. drew

drew New Member

Dec 31, 2006
    living in the past boy

13. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    The past that will haunt you and United eternally.

You could win 100 championships but the Reds will always be owned by Leeds and you can damn well bet that United fans pray that they never get drawn against Leeds in the FA or Carling Cups because they would probably not even show up.

14. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    I don't hate Chelsea cause they have a gabillion rubles to buy every player on the planet.

I hate Chelse cause they do so little with those gabillion rubles. Sure they won the Prem the past two years but have done feck all in Europe and on top of that have played a brand of football that would make Blackburn proud.

I guess the age old adage that you can't buy class is true with Chelski. They don't have tact, class or any ability to play the game in a semi-attractive manner despite having one of the greatest collections of talents ever assembled on a club.

Oh a Mourinho is a complete and utter twat.

Oh and it is going to be fun to watch the Leeds like implosion of Chelsea once Putin decides to arrest Abromaovich for whatever reason and freeze all is assets.

15. drew

drew New Member

Dec 31, 2006
    [quoteFA or Carling Cups because they would probably not even show up.[/quote]

if leeds get there i'll show my ass in my town hall square,you have no idea bout football have you little boy

16. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Nobody wants to see your pimpled, white ass in Town Hall Square Drew. Spare us all. You declared United the best club in England and that's simply not true, because Leeds is.

17. drew

drew New Member

Dec 31, 2006
    yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn thats why leeds are 2nd bottom in the champ lg eh?,dont live in the past live for the furture,man utd will be there leeds wont. full stop

18. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    That's because Glazer paid Leeds to.

19. drew

drew New Member

Dec 31, 2006
    The Leeds-Manchester United rivalry rests on the cornerstone of a 5-1 Leeds drubbing of Man U at Elland Road on February 19, 1972. United fans have never been the same and live in fear of a possible FA or Carling Cup match-up.

see there you go again bout the past 1972,34 years ago,ohh and btw have you seen elland road latley,it looks like somewhere my dog wouldn't shit

20. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Let the past humble you young Drew. It shows that you haven't always been the top dog and you won't be. Leeds will. So sulk back into your flat to wank off to Man U TV and hope that they never ever mention Leeds again, because if they do you will get nightmares of Elland Road.

21. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    This 'drew' obviously understands very little of Leeds.

22. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Apparently, reaching the semis is "doing feck all". Jesus wept.

23. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    PSV reached the semis. So did Monaco.

24. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States