The Most Hated Club in the Prem

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by choness2004, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    How dare those frenchies change the words so that it actually makes sense in their own language. They should clearly listen to you and change it so it makes no sense whatsoever. You have the utter gal to tell someone to talk sense after you have posted several pages of the most moronic toss I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

You want proof that football's original and offical name is Association Football?

Well I suggest you direct your attention to the Internation Football Association Board who's primary goal is to 'determine the Laws of the Game of association football'

You don't get any more conclusive than that.

2. KennyDalglish

KennyDalglish Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Sonny, it only gets conclusive if FIFA actually recognizes the game as 'Association Football '.i have never seen that - if you have , please do show it here for everyone to see.

3. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    er this thread seems to have deviated off topic from mindless hatred and club rivalry into a history lesson about the origins of the word soccer and the level of accuracy of Wikipedia. This is unacceptable - the mods should clamp down and prevent any post not comprising the slagging off of another Prem club from being posted in this thread. Talk about slipping standards.:rolleyes:

For the record Wikipedia is very accurate - I've looked it up and it said it was very accurate. My source..erm Wikipedia:D So there you go. Must be true beacuse it says it is. Works for the Bible!

I want to nominate Watford for the most hated club in the Prem because they likely won't be eligible for consideration in this thread next season. In fact I am sure every Watford fan would love us to be able to consider them 'the most hated club in the Prem' next season purely for the last 4 words in that title.:D

4. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    you don't have time on your hands? Yet you post here so often.

Question, how often exactly do you get beaten up in your school trying to tell everyone to use the word football rather than soccer, like everyone else in your country does?

I'm sensing deep issues here.

5. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    OK here we go.

FIFA Statutes

Page 4 Point 12

Page 5 Article 2 Point D

Page 6 Article 6 Point 1

And there are further references throughout the document.

Now please stop talking about something you clearly have no idea about.

6. KennyDalglish

KennyDalglish Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Thank you , lanman .You are the first one who gave a proper answer to what I asked for .That said , i am pretty sure that the document you produced was created by the IFAB who would eventually show some bias in what they produce .B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S . You were smart though - you went on to find the only document in the FIFA website that would actually call the game 'Association football '.Congratulations.I repped you now.

7. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
  8. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/themes/Sports/football/fifa.html

Federation Internationale de Football Assocition

Founded in 1904 to provide unity among national soccer associations, the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) today boasts 203 members, and is one of the most prestigious organizations in the world.

FIFA, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association, was founded in Paris on 21 May 1904 by delegates from the following countries: France, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. Because it was founded in Paris on the initiative of Robert Guérin, the President of the French Association after an international match between France and Belgium, the name of the newly-founded FIFA was in French. The expression "association football" was adopted by FIFA to distinguish it from rugby football whose roots are to be found in our game.

maybe you should have a look at what your own region, concacaf, stands for.
    http://www.concacaf.com/graphics/stats-regs/pdf/statutes_e.pdf

hint - try to guess the last two letters first.

how about this from the official site of the FA.
    http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/TheOrganisation/Postings/2004/03/THE_INTERNATIONAL_SCENE.htm

The FA is a member association and comes under the control, of the World and the European governing bodies - International Federation of Association Football (FIFA)

"Association" in French is singular. If it was the federation of FAs, the French plural of association would be used (and the French are damn picky with their language).

9. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    I was going to post but you've said all of my points. Well done.

Wouldn't it be called soccer by many in the north as well, considering the popularity of rugby league?

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Someone please close this train wreck down and put Dalglish out of his misery.

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    yes, please.

12. Smalls123

Smalls123 Member

Feb 1, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does someone have such commitment to something that was proven wrong to them over and over.

13. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well, there's the name of the organisation for a start. But I see someone's already attempted to explain the French language to you and rebounded off the thick, thick walls of your ignorance. But just for form's sake, allow me to reiterate that F.I.F.A means "International Federation of Association Football."

I know I'm just repeating something you've already refused to accept, but that just means you remain wrong, not that it remains untrue. Sorry.

FIFA was formed in 1904, remember. When the game was still widely known as "Association Football".

14. Giallorossiguy

Giallorossiguy New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    The past will haunt them Southampton 4-2 Man Utd The Great Jersey Debacle

I still can't stop laughing

15. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    I maybe in the minority here, but I'm actually glad that you turned up. I've gradually been drifting away from this site the last couple of months, but we need people like you. People that are so fundamentally moronic that they provoke intense, anal, nonsensical debate with people that really, really should know better (myself included, I'm embarassed to say).

But seriously, you can't possibly, possibly, be this stupid. Assuming there is a god...

16. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think that's an assumption too far, given what we have all witnessed on this thread.

No, I'm afraid it's confirmed: we walk this earth of ours alone, rudderless and subject only to the utterly random banalities of human life.