The most beautiful goal build-up in Brazilian football history?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by MIGkiller, Jul 1, 2005.

1. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The build-up that led to the 4th goal in the final against Argentina can surely be considered one of the most beautiful in the history of the seleção, like the one before the Brazilian goal in the game agaisnt England in WC1970. So what's the most exciting build-up in Brazil's soccer history for you?

2. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    That 4th goal scored by Adriano could very well be the best build-up in the history of football. I doubt if any other team in history could have held the ball longer than the Brazilians (best of Hungarians, Dutch, Real Madrid possibly?). The finish in the 1970 goal was obviously superior but everything else about this Adriano goal was better...possession was held much longer, more quality passes and touches, etc. However, in terms of possession, Holland's 1974 WC final goal against Germany comes close...but it ended in a penalty. Another one is Ronaldo's second (out of the three) goal against ManU in Old Trafford in 2003. So many passes were crafted by Real Madrid before Roberto Carlos made the assist.

3. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You know how I know this is for sure the best build-up for a goal ? Because as soon as I read the topic I thought of Adriano's goal :p

When I was watching it I was saying WOOOOW they've had the ball for 5 minutes theyre gonna strike at any moment and bammm Adriano with the head :D

4. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    I'd have to say the second goal by Brazil vs. Argentina at WC82. The way Zico threaded the ball into an open space through 3 Argentine defenders just knowing Junior would time his run properly and latch on to it and score. Magic.

5. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Probably a tie between Adriano´s goal and Eder goal in 1982 where Socrates makes a "corta-luz" and he gives a touch,putting the ball in the air and kicking it without letting it fall.Beautiful!

6. ZiZouTrini

ZiZouTrini New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Maryland , USA
    LOL . I was thinking the same thing when I first read the topic as well. My goodness that was an excellent display of football at its best. I remember even the english commentator was saying right when the crossed the ball to Cicinho that it would be great if this possesion was to end in a goal. The ball was crossed Adriano got a head to it, GOAL! When brasil is playing with the ball like that there is no team that can beat them. NONE! I hope to see more displays like this during the WCQs and of course the WC2006

7. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I completely agree!:)

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The build up from the 4th goal in the '70 Final was also very nice. Play started from the back with some dribbles and then played to the left side crossing to the middle to Pele', who just sets up Carlos Alberto for the bomb.

9. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    i was thinking about the same goal, i remember after watching Brasil win the World Cup in 2002, Globo had this special where they showed Brasils top 10 goals scored that one was i belieave in the top 5, it was really great

10. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Careca v France in 1986 is worth a mention.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I 2nd that !!!

12. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    A great build up involving the great Junior and less great Muller!

13. asterix

asterix Member

Apr 26, 2005

does anyone have a video of this goal?

14. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005

Completely Agree with u...I still wonder how zico managed to curve the ball around the defenders on juniors path. Rarely see such mesmarising passes now a days...

15. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    It was not a curl actually - just a straight side footer. Simplicity at its best.

16. Caraemondinga

Caraemondinga Member

Jul 29, 2004
    aca
    watch the goal in the WC 58 game Brasil vs USSR, when garrincha beats like the whole team, his the post, then pele gets a nice ass pass from garricha and hits the post again and i think the 3rd one is a goal and they dont loose possessio

17. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
  18. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
  19. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Yes. First time Yashin touched the ball was to pick it out of the net from Vava's goal.

They say its the most devastating 2-3 minutes in WC football.

20. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Hmmm....no wonder I'd voted that match as the best match I'd ever seen Brazil play. :)

21. girco

girco New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    São Paulo
  22. girco

girco New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    São Paulo
  23. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I forget who it was against but Senegal had a fantastic build up and goal in the 2002 WC. I'm sure some of you know the goal I'm refering to.. It was almost perfection from one end to the other..

24. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
  25. girco

girco New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    São Paulo
    Yes :D
    That one and the goal against Italy must be the two most beautiful headings ever