The mistakes of Erwin Sanchez.. and how Martins needs to incorporate more

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivar4ever, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Bolivar4ever

Bolivar4ever New Member

May 19, 2007
    Peru 0 Bolivia

i know come to me and cry in my shoulder
    but seriously

guys let us all just breath and calm down, it is not the end of the world
    better to happen in a friendly where we can see where we need to improve

first thing is first

the mistakes of Erwin Sanchez

i know he is a great guy and our National Team is developing a different character with him etc

but today can somebody tell me why wasn't Jhasmany Campos a starter?
    he should've been with the team from the beginning..a great player like him gives us one of the key elements .. ball control...that's mistake #1

Erwin Sanchez needs for the sake of ours to forget about Vaca
    that guy is worthless... he is no #10 ... please call anybody...call even Limberg Gutierrez and i assure we'll be in a better shape ..that's mistake #2

Erwin Sanchez needs to keep at least two defenders down there...Ronald Raldez and Hoyos at least...i don't know how the hell are they all attacking at the same time leaving the goalkeeper alone..
    i mean its good to go forward i am happy seeing the guys trying to score and they almost do... but please remember that the other team has forwards too
    that's how the first and also the second goal came.... that's mistake #3

okay now time to talk about Martins

i have no doubt he is a great player

but seriously he needs to incorporate more... he is just standing there waiting for the ball to come to him....while the rest are working their butt's out...
    he is trying to play like he does in Cruzeiro...just waiting for the ball to score
    he needs to play more... like Guerrero and Pizarro did for Peru...
    that's how we want to see Martins... not just seeing him standing there
    and i know it's his first game with the team
    but ... he needs to come down more... he needs to show more hunger
    to fight for everyball like moreno was doing...like Jhasmany Campos
    come on show more heart...

i saw Martins only once make a play ! in the whole damn game

maybe waiting for the ball to be in your area to score might work in a Club

but guy..when you are playing against national teams...you can't just stand there...

i am hopping Erwin Sanchez points this out to him and gives him continuity so he can adapt before we play our home games

other wise.... uff i don't know whats gonna happen

we'll have to call Diego Cabrera.. i mean worse is nothing

But in general.... the team should work once Arce and Peña are in the team and we have a Martins thats going after every airball and landball as well

Cheers To Bolivia ! :cool:

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I didn't watch the game, so I can't really comment on what you said. Just give him some time to adapt to the team. I personally think that Erwin should have called up Arce so he can get some experience.

3. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Well, the team is physically challenged. First off, we need a freaking nutrition system in the country, and bann that caffine crap. We are seriously being left behind.

Second, we need to either lay off Vaca permanently, or put him on a steroid plan.

With our disadvantages, we need to be extremely physically fit. The only way I feel we can be competitive for international competition is if we are able to run the entire 90 minutes.

Stop feeding ur kids Fkn INCA COLA (or any caffine products). Let that kid grow! damnit!

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We got no number 10! That is our biggest problem right now.

And i agree, that martins should go back and look for the ball when hes not getting enough service, he didnt look as hungry for this as i expected. But thats not to say he wont turn into something good with more time.

On moreno, well he tried as hard as he could during the first half. But afer that he was basically non existant on the field. He was all over the place, and doing what he oculd, but after that second goal it seemed like our team gave up.

We have plenty of firepower upfront, somehow, with Pinedo, Saucedo, Cabrera, Arce, Martins, Moreno..... But for once we dont got any number 10s!!

We just need more time, and on J. Campos not starting. I dont know whats up with that? Wasnt he hurt a couple weeks back, and was coming back little by little with his ankle? I like S. Lima, and D. Pena.

But also we were lacking Juan Pena in the back lines, although he isnt the best defender, he has leadership back there and helps the guys hold their line, and helps with the offside traps.

We need to get rid of Mojica! That guy stinks! He could barely trap the ball and pass it off, it seems like everytime hes on the field he is really nervous and lets that get to him. He cant do much on the field, and has been a neg. anytime hes played since the Copa America. Cut him out.

5. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Aside from the already stated, i have to reiterate that the goal keeping is a big problem. WTF was the keeper thinking going out on that second goal? I know the defense was not there, but the keeper made terrible mistakes. BTW is he the tallest keeper we have? He looked as tall as vaca. We need a different keeper. I think what is somewhat evident (and i'm sure it's not an easy task) Sanchez is not doing a good job placing the talent in the right places or calling the right people.

I know it was a friendly but guess what the eliminatorias are right around the corner and we have progressively looked worse. I'm not panicking but there are a few obvious things to keep in mind:

1. Vaca can't cut it as starter.
    2. Arce and Martins-Moreno need to start, with moreno on the lleft and Arce on teh right
    3. We need a better keeper. The one Sanchez is using continues to make many mistakes and is very undersized (we may not be able to fix that, but the U20 keeper seems taller and quicker than the one used)
    4. Whoever said it, Mojica should not be there, he looses the ball, doesnt make accurate passes and the shots he takes on goal are never close.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Mojica sucks. I said it. I wouldnt mind seeing Campos in, with Nacho as a D midfielder, as thats what he plays as in Aris, and Lima on the left of the right side, which ever works good with him, and Arce maybe as a pulled back Midfielder, i see him doing alot of good crosses and passes for Corinthians.