The Miguel Saga (threads merged)

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Frank Cunha, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Re: Miguel future could be in the B team

This Miguel move is the worst i have seen in years.

They are putting pressure on Benfica to trade, but by not showing up is making you look like a fool.

I think this won't be solve until next week, when the team returns to Portugal.

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

it looks like its Dimas behind the whole thing, but everthing will come out soon

3. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Well, if the choice is letting him go to Juventus for free, I would rather force him to stay and play on the reserves. Teach his dumb ass a lesson.

But at this point, if they do sell him, I don't think they can get more than 5-6 million.

4. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA

At one point, right after EURO 04, was the time to sell Miguel and get a reasonable price for him.

Benfica took a risk and held on to the guy for another year and it didn't pay off. He struggled with injuries and never got into the great form of last year. Sometimes it pays off holding onto a player and sometimes it doesn't.

So, now, Benfica can't find a Dinamo Moscow to save their lives because I don't see any team paying 10 million for the guy. I think he's a great player and worth a lot of money but unfortunately his bad season means his price tag will be far less than his potential worth.

If it comes down to a straight swap then I wouldn't mind seeing him traded for Kleberson.

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

it looked like Dimas wanted to take Miguel to Juventus, he got his contacts in Italy when he played there

the story appear this morning
    http://www.24horasinc.com/

6. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

If that is true and Dimas is envolved my question is what the hell is he doing in the middle of this?

What a story.......this is better than a brazilian soap opera.

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

It would be more cost-effective for Benfica to sell him for 2-10 million than to keep him and pay his salary without him doing anything.

8. SLB4EVERSLB

SLB4EVERSLB Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Toronto

Benfica accepted a 12 million euro offer for him from Dinamo, But he refused to play in Russia thats why they got Setaridis.

9. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Was going to point that out but you beat me to it.

Not only did Benfica find a Dinamo, they found THE Dinamo and for 2 more million.

Benfica should be considered lucky to get anything for him; his last season deteriorated his value a lot. If he was sold directly after Euro he could've raked in a Ferreira fee (probably not 20 million but closer than 10 million).

10. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA

I had completely forgotten about that. Benfica should've offered Miguel some nice thermo underwear, a flask for hard whiskey, and a mink coat (faux mink of course, the real deal is too expensive) and booted his ass all the way to Russia (save some money on a plane ticket).

11. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

To me Miguel is done and finished with.

He will make a great construction worker some day.

12. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005

Trade Miguel off to Inter Milan for 10 million euros. With that buy Viana from Newcastle and Tomasson from AC milan with the money - Benfica might have to pay another 2-5 million, but not a bad investment. 2 players for 1. That would solve theyre two weaknesses - striker and No. 10.

13. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

That makes sense, but no team is willing to pay Benfica 10 Million, 5-6 for sure but that is about how much they will get.

14. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

I agree if Benfica can get $10 million for Miguel it would be a miracle

15. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005

How sad is that? Miguel should show some loyalty to Benfica, stick out the remainder of the year, play his heart out, and rebuild his reputation. He'd find his way on a better club, get paid a higher salary, and allow Benfica to cash in on his form. But, his loyalty is with the $, like most people.

It would of been nice to see Benfica sell him for 10 million euros, and buy Viana and Tomasson.

Theres alot of Sportinguistas and Benfica fans sh!tting on FC Porto for selling they're players for too much money. But FC Porto players, like Derlei, Seitaridis, Maniche, Costinha, - all who are comparable to Miguel, don't seem to have a problem playing in Russia.

16. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

Of course they don't. The money offered by Dinamo would be matched anywhere else in europe for those players.

Costinha and Maniche had alot of market after the Euro, but Porto didn't want to trade them. Now they know the only way to get a big fat pay is to go to Moscow.

Miguel wants to play in a league that gives him more exposure and a better, league, for that i can't diss him for. I wouldn't want to play in Russia either.

17. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
  18. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

and LFV his going to teach all the agents a lesson, so expect Miguel to be going to the B team

19. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal

In an interview on chanel SIC Luis Filipe Vieira told that Miguel will be an egsample to the ppl who thinks they can play with Benfica!

LFV also told that a person from Sporting was linked with this mater, and that many ppl are trying to get some money from Miguel...

20. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

I saw the SIC Interviewed and i see positive and negative from it.

First they build up the interview like it was a State of The Union address, hey it was, Benfica e uma nacao.

The Miguel interview and the LFV is very clear. Miguel won't play for Benfica and LFV is going to make an example of him. I am with LFV on this one.

Miguel sounded like a litle bitch.

The positive is that LFV showed that he will make people pay for this saga.
    The negative it was only a 5-10 minute interview :D

21. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA

They had the sound very low at the club when the Miguel and LFV interviews came on. Did LFV hint at what he would do with Miguel exactly other than make him pay?

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

How. Luis Filipe Vieira will be going to Fifa sometime twomorrow, remember Benfica is working out in Switzerland the home of FIFA

http://www.ojogo.pt/21-140/artigo480884.htm

Filipe Vieira hoje na FIFA por Miguel

Luís Filipe Vieira desloca-se hoje à sede da FIFA, em Zurique, para entregar ao órgão máximo do futebol mundial uma exposição sobre o caso Miguel, com todos os pormenores do contrato do defesa benfiquista, bem como toda a troca de documentação que se processou entre os advogados de ambas as partes, logo após Miguel ter falhado a apresentação dos trabalhos do plantel para a nova pré-temporada, no início da semana passada.

Os responsáveis encarnados pretendem provar que o contrato do camisola 23 é valido até 2008 e como tal, todos os clubes interessados na aquisição do atleta devem negociar com o clube encarnado e assumir os encargos financeiros inerentes a uma eventual rescisão de contrato. Aliás, o Benfica já enviou para os clubes que têm manifestado interesse no defesa - nomeadamente a Juventus, com quem têm sido mantidos contactos diários - um fax informando que Miguel não é um jogador livre e tem contrato com o Benfica por mais três temporadas.

Recentemente, recorde-se, passou-se um caso semelhante envolvendo a transferência do defesa-central francês Méxes, do Auxerre para o Roma. Na sequência do processo, a FIFA proibiu o emblema da capital italiana de inscrever novos jogadores durante um ano.

23. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
  24. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

now is the time for Miguel to report :cool:

25. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ

He signed the contract and should respect it. Otherwise wait until someone comes up with the 10mil. If he doesnt like it, the B tesam may need a RD. I want to see his value in 3 years after playing for the B team.

This is where Benfica needed a PDC to straighten the guy up