The Michael Bradley thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ttrevett, Jun 11, 2015.

1. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4076 TheHoustonHoyaFan, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    What is wrong with talking with young players about their options?

Hanauer said that the information he has received from the players who were contacted is that Klinsmann hasn't engaged in any "arm-twisting," rather it's more a matter of presenting to the player all of the options available. But the U.S. manager's soft sell approach didn't lessen Hanauer's irritation.

Again; The way Gulati solved this issue was to create a senior post within USSF (a longtime MLS exec) to help look after the player's careers. Berti had a similar role looking after the players based in Europe. Note it is not just talking and advising but also about using contacts to get get trials and interests from teams around the globe. Bobby Wood benefited from those resources.

2. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Again, just the messenger.

3. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to be fair he scored like 15 goals as a midfielder that season in holland. That would earn a player a run at a starting spot essentially any time in our history.

4. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    PATHETIC.

Anybody who supports whats going on right now, is a fake US fan and needs a reality check. I don't care how close you are the to the Bradley family, or if Bradley father gave you your first caps like lap-dog stu Holden "Bradley best #6 right now", while he gets steamrolled by Mexico B and McKennie, Adams, and Morales are much better.

STAND UP for YOUR team.

Katie Whitman doing a Soap Opera on Micahel Bradley and confirming Bradley will be a big part of this upcoming World Cup Cycle is disgusting and we are an integrity-less Organization.

Stand Up or Get me Some Orange Slices Again.

adam tash, Namdynamo, majspike and 3 others repped this.
  5. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s finished, it’s over.

6. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been saying for years you guys should boycott US Soccer.

Let US Soccer collapse in on itself.

adam tash repped this.
  7. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He earned the assist on Canada’s goal.

Pegasus and KicksNgiggles repped this.
  8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    USSF is on fixed income from SUM.

appwrangler repped this.
  9. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley was poor tonight. Just not a good game.

10. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Against a solid team, that is what we have learned to expect from Bradley ever since Couva. His heyday was 5-10 years ago, and by now he is nothing but a liability for the national team.
    Yet General Egg loves his Maginot Line.

adam tash repped this.
  11. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His patented "lose the ball to a tackle from behind 20 yards in front of our box" move strikes again.
    That's a mouthful, so let's call it "The Bradley", like Simone Biles gets those triple-double flips named after her.
    :whistling:

Pegasus, TOAzer, adam tash and 1 other person repped this.
  12. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Guys, until Adams is back, he's our best option at the 6. Right? Right?

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was better than Roldan!

14. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not doing this anymore, he was once my favorite young prospect. I’ve heard Jeff Bradley, Duetorotomy, MrMartin, Marko, super Dave, whomever, etc. over I don’t know how many years now.

He is done, he’s literally killing the team we all love. It’s over now, he needs to retire from international duty, period.

nowherenova, TOAzer, adam tash and 5 others repped this.
  15. Sombrerito

Sombrerito Member

Arsenal
    United States
    May 6, 2018
    THEY BOTH WERE TERRIBLE

Pegasus, TOAzer, adam tash and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I thought Bradley was muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than Roldan last night. Frankly not close. I know Bradley is an easy punching bag and target. Our problems are much bigger than Michael Bradley. I mean...………...the guy isn't picking himself. The big problem is a complete dearth of "in their prime" central midfielders of international caliber. The guys from the 2016 Olympic pool just didn't develop. So we're counting on over-the-hill Bradley and hoping the kids develop. That's pretty much true all over the field. [Adams is out injured of course.]

By the way, our U23 Olympic team is really promising. However, the #6 position happens to be one that isn't particularly deep. There are some guys there, but after Adams, I'm not sure how many are going to be international quality. We've got a ton of #8s...……………...

gogorath and superdave repped this.
  17. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Roldan isn't an 8/10 in a 433.

Bradley plays in MLS. There are number of American CMs who had better seasons than he had. This isn't a 'prime age player' issue.

Canada started 3 MLSers in central midfield.

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Sure.

I just watched that game last night, and didn't think Michael Bradley was THE problem. I realize people want to find scapegoats, but there were 7 other guys who performed just as badly as Bradley. Our youngsters in particular looked awful, totally lost. I know we don't want to bash McKennie, Sargent, and Pulisic. They're the future supposedly, and we don't want to believe we have no future. But all three were terrible. Terrible. So call out Bradley all you want. Put any other MLS #6 into that lineup last night, and I don't think the result is any different. Brandon Servania can get the ball to Pulisic and have him run around like a chicken with his head cut off too.

19. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    MB carries with him baggage from the past. Considering what he brings to the table, it's just not worth it anymore...and hasn't been for quite a while. Our play at the midfield has been THE major problem with this team in the recent past. Put a healthy Adams at the 6, get some creative, attack minded mids in front of him that can actually link up with the guys up top, and get rid of the manager and the team would be in a much, much better spot.

20. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Berhalter chose to play the youngsters in back-to-back matches. He could've started Chris Wondolowski and Sean Davis against Cuba, collected the victory, then played a rested team against Canada.

Bradley brings nothing to the team. And he is not getting better. That he is not the biggest problem in the team is not much of a defense.

21. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    He's never the problem, of course. How could he be the problem? He's a 6 that isn't required for any offense, and isn't blamed for any defensive issues.

I've said it a thousand times, if you don't have any legitimate responsibilities, you can't ever be blamed.

I'm amazed we're past 2017 from Couva, our team sucks even worse, and we still have people with the ole "not his fault, he ain't picking himself, Roldan was worse".

What are the constants from the beginning of this downward trend, through Couva, til now?

22. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    I finally figured it out. Gregg told mckennie to play like bradley because Gregg still thinks it’s 2010 and unfortunately weston knows it’s 2k19

23. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    The reality is that until we put a player in the 6 that can actually play defense, it doesn't matter much what else we do, period. MB should no longer be getting calls nor should Trapp or any other 6 that does not have solid defensive chops. If Adams is injured then figure out who is your next best defensive mid and plug him in. I don't give a s@#t where you get him from...whatever. If you need to change the system to accommodate then so be it. We simply can't continue to get completely bossed in the midfield from Canada's of the world. It is THE biggest problem that this team has right now and it's not even close. Until that issue is solved we are doomed. It's gotten to the point where it is comical. GGG is going to be getting lots of Christmas cards from opposing managers this year.

btlove, russ, sakibomb523 and 4 others repped this.
  24. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support this

TOAzer repped this.
  25. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paging Fredo…..
    I know people have their feelings about him. But he plays with heart and he will get stuck in. Better than I can say for most of what I saw last night.

btlove, USA-Zebuel, Namdynamo and 2 others repped this.