The Man Utd Forum Video Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United News' started by Motterman, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And here we go.

united-rule

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much better than mine. I did one myself with a free app I found on download.com. Did you run it through CoolEdit or something to boost the quality? Nice job with the loop, fade out too. :cool:

BTW, do you like it? ;)

5. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. littleman

littleman Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Which video did you rip the song out from? I'm not sure, but is it from the lower-quality vid? It just sounds a tad dusty.. It's still cool though ;)

7. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Used a shareware program called WireTap to extract the audio (free except you can't use advanced features) and then Amadeus to convert to mp3, which I had paid for a while ago since I was converting some cassettes to CD. Both are Mac programs, but similar stuff no doubt exists for Windows.

Nice song of course. :)

9. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, its from the one Motterman posted. I've seen the video before, not sure if there was a higher quality audio-encoded version or what.

10. peepers

peepers Member

Nov 7, 2005
    I liked the video of George Best but what I noticed mostly was the lack of camaraderie after he scored a goal, just the odd person patting him on the back. He almost looked dejected coming back to midfield. Has the game progressed to where scoring a goal is now heroism that the players all jump on the goal scorer? I like the appreciation showed now for the goal scorer and how they celebrate the occasion.

11. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City
    Trying to find the vid of the highlights of the 1999 CL final... it was on here a few nights ago, but I lost it. :(

12. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, the links I posted for it on yousendit must have got hammered and have already expired.

The Real Player conversion that I did is still around. It can be downloaded here. (21.4 MB). (The last 6:36 of the game).

I'm currently uploading the .wmv version of the same file and brief highlights of the game too (no commentary).

13. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The end of the CL '99 final (.wmv) is here: http://z28.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=7434

Brief highlights of the game are here:
    http://www2.uploadsend.com/d.php?file=true&filepath=1266

With all this uplaoding and downloading that I've been doing lately I've been trying to find a good file hosting website, can anyone recommend one?

Yousendit is ok, it gives fast downloads up to 1GB in size but the files only last for 25 downloads or 7 days.

Rapidupload seemed good, upto 300 MB, quick dowloads and the file stays on the server unless it's not downloaded for 30 days but since I got my first file on there it won't let me upload any more, saying that the file already exists, even though I try different files. :confused:

Megaupload is slow slow slow.

Rapidshare.de is ok but my ISP often has problems grabbing downloads from there as it automatcally runs everything through a proxy or something like that, not exactly aware of terminology but it seems to be a known problem with others on my ISP and I often get a message saying "too many downloads from your IP today".

So I've tried these two new ones for these files, uploadsend.com and zupload.com but to be honest they seem kind of slow too after I just tested them for download speed. :(

Anyone know a better file hosting site than these that gives fast downloads and where the links don't expire so quickly like they do on yousendit?

14. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore
    How do i play the RM. file? Great thread btw.

15. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do you not have Real Player? You can dowload it here. (Tokyo mirror since it's closer to your location).
    If You have got it and it doesn't work then I'm puzzled as it works in mine.

The .rm file may also be viewed in Windows Media Player providing you have the correct codecs installed. Right-click the file, hover over "open with" then click "choose program" and select windows media player from the list (double-click). You may get some kind of error message before it asks you whether or not you want Windows Media Player to attempt to open the file or not. Click "yes" and it may work. It does for me.

Alternatively download the .wmv version from the second post I put up. It's exactly the same file but in a different format and should play on almost all media players.

16. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Ok downloaded Realplayer. Thanks

17. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might be a good idea to pay for web hosting and a domain. There are several good sites that let you do it for cheap and offer you a couple of gigs of room or so.

www.godaddy.com
    www.1and1.com

You'll get much faster download speeds and obviously the files don't expire. There are probably good UK-based ones as well, though I don't know of any off the top of my head.

18. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cheers Achtung,

TBH it all looks a bit daunting but is something I'll keep in mind for the future.

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd also suggest that if you go to the trouble to upload video to a free server then don't post the link... say you have it and let whomever needs post a request or PM you and then u can PM them the link that way lurkers and people who don't contribute to the forum don't enjoy the fruit of your labor and the consistent regular posters can.

20. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone can come up with it, I'd like to get a copy of Saha's goal on his return to Fulham. Not for him, but the kids on my son's team have his mistaken idea about who's an offensive and who's a defensive player. This goal shows that even the keeper has a role in the offense.

21. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and you seem confused by thinking that this "Saha" chap is a player at all. :p

22. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, okay. the guy who scored against Fulham, after a pass from Ronaldo, following an outlet pass from Carroll, ALLEGED to be, but unbelievable if it was, Saha,

23. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The goal is available to view here. Unfortunately it doesn't show the move right from the start. :(

You can also click this: http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/twii/manutd/vid_10_236wint1.wvx if you'd prefer to watch it in your own media player.

24. Howard Zinn

Howard Zinn Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. littleman

littleman Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Someone at Maxxed put up a torrent for our 1999 Champions League match with Juventus 2nd leg. This is most famously remembered as one of our great matches and Keane's finest performance in his career. It's the full match, with english commentary, as well as some extras (G Neville analysis of line up).

http://www.mininova.org/tor/152847