The List

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by SnowyAruba, Nov 17, 2004.

1. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
  2. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The only players that we are realistically going to lose are Zotinca, Gomez, and Taylor. I doubt all of them are taken since its likely Zotinca or Taylor will be protected if one of them are drafted. Nobody's going to take Meola or Preki, and I would be very surprised if Igor were taken. RSL already have Jason Kreis as well as their stack of allocations so I doubt they would draft a high salary SI. Igor may speak Spanish, but I'm sure Chivas will be wanting to use their SI's elsewhere. Plus there's that whole injury thing he's dealt with the past two seasons.

EDIT: Beau Dure also says it will be Taylor and Gomez. Very similar scenario as the MLSnet.com draft as far as KC is concerned.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/mls/mock-expansion-draft.htm

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    RSL and Chivas may have 5 allocations to use - however they have the same salary cap as everyone else.

More and more of the SIs in the league are going to be of the Diego Walsh/Shavar Thomas variety than the Igor Simutenkov variety.

4. Pat Ervin

Pat Ervin New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    KANSAS CITY
    I'm personally EMBARRASSED to have it in PRINT that he was here 6 years? Could I have been miserable THAT long?

You're so right! P-L-E-A-S-E take "cisco".

Big Pat

5. IceKaiser

IceKaiser New Member

May 28, 2003
    training at altitude
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Easy, son. He's provided some spectacular play while he's worn blue! He's made some errors, but if he were THAT bad (Chris Brown bad) he would have been traded long ago.

6. Davy's#1Gal

Davy's#1Gal New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Hi...yeah..newbie here...would some one please explain this whole list thing to me? I'm having trouble understanding how this works. I think I get the jist of it, but there's holes. If ten players are protected, how come only 6 are considered unprotected? I also read the mock draft article (and personally, I'd hope it worked out that way...I'd sure like to be able to keep Zotinca and Igor) but I'm confused about how players go from being unprotected to protected again. Yeah...I'm so confused I'm not sure my questions even make sense. Help a gal out...

Thanks.

PS: Yeah...I'm on the blonde side so simple terms would be a huge help. :D

7. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    There are actually twelve spots to protect in the draft.

We protected:
    Bo O.
    Garcia
    Thomas
    Conrad
    Burciaga
    Zavagnin
    Klein
    Wolff
    Arnaud
    Jewsbury
    Walsh
    Gutierrez

We exposed
    Meola
    Zotinca
    Preki
    Simutenkov
    Taylor
    Gomez

Everyone else was exempt because they were on our Developmental roster,
    (Detter, Graham, Hesmer,Roberts and Stephenson)which is exempt league-wide from the draft.

Basicallly, the draft is ten rounds. Chivas picks first. After each round, the team who lost a player gets to prptect another player off of its exposed list. I.e., say Gomez gets picked first by Chivas, then we can protect Zotinca before RSL picks thier player. A team can only lose three players.

8. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we got a rebroadcast of a local charity football game on metrosports over a live expansion draft on espnews. i like metrosports, but i hate it when they do this when there's something on espnews that i wanna watch.

9. Davy's#1Gal

Davy's#1Gal New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO

Hey Thanks! That clears a lot up!

10. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate it when MetroSports does that too... glad I wasn't home to watch. i was able to follow on the webcast from work.