The Life of Bryan: Reynolds at Westerlo

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EXALIFTIN, Nov 25, 2020.

1. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i mean a lot of people watched and didn’t think he was that dire and sites like fotmob agree

2. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I'll admit I didn't watch this game, but I stand by my point that you're generally overly negative.

sXeWesley and frankburgers repped this.
  3. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Lol possibly.. I see it as a balance to yanks abroad posters who are ridiculously over hyping at times.

4. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Fotmob gave him one of the five worst scores out of 22 starters? Yes, two players got notably worse scores, one starting right behind Reynolds ... might have contributed to that ... and the other got a stupid red card. That's not an endorsment by Fotmob. Granted, it's also not a catastrophic rating.

5. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i have no idea where you are going with this post since your conclusion seems to be exactly what i said in my post. losing teams generally have lower ratings than winning ones, especially when the stats are as lopsided as they were in this match. even still, there is a clustering of ratings for the roma players which reynolds falls in. then there is a much lower rating for a different player who is not reynolds. all seems pretty clear that it supports the idea that while he wasnt very good, he wasnt the obvious weak link either.

Gacm32 repped this.
  6. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    There definitely are those. But you did kinda freak out a couple months ago when nobody was starting.

7. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he'll see much game time the rest of the season outside of the two weeks where Roma has Europa League games the same week.

8. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You lot are finally getting exactly what you've been crying for since I moved to the States 13 years ago (I've been here far too long); young Americans getting minutes in the top leagues of the world, and not just that, but for top teams in those leagues. You would think it would be all sunshine and rainbows, but no no, nothing but overly critical, pseudo-"analysis" on every young Yanks thread. It's unbelievable. To quote Uncle Junior, you lot are like "a woman with a Virginia ham under her arm, crying because she has no bread".

9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Who's Uncle Jr and what's so great about a Virginia ham? She doesn't carry them in a bag?

ttrevett and frankburgers repped this.
  10. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Go and watch Sopranos.

felloveranddidanadu, eliwood and Winoman repped this.
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I have but it's been forever since I had it on my laptop. There's no time to watch:(

12. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Finesse the HBO Max app and you’re covered bruv.

13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma champions of Italy!

14. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    That game was really hard to watch. Reynolds kept letting them get free crosses in.

I was surprised to see Reynolds getting another start but they probably assumed they could beat a near relegation Seria A team and rest the 25yr old.

I wonder if Reynolds has been earning his starts through his playing in training and is simply overwhelmed in meaningful games.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My ignore list doesn't work if people keep quoting him!

BostonRed and nbarbour repped this.
  16. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are so panicky, damn. The money Roma spent means he will get more than 3 games.

17. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Match vs Atalanta today. Atalanta on a five game win streak in the league. As most expected, Roma fielding a lineup with some of the strong players rested last match, and Karsdorp starts over Reynolds. Reynolds is on the bench, and I would think he has some chance to play.

18. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    at the very least should make for an entertaining way to sped a day wfh

19. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just tuned in in time to catch the Atalanta goal, then Kasdorp manages to pick up a yellow...

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    not sure it was karsdorp who got hte yellow, but he definitely was unable to stop the cross which led to the easy atalanta goal

21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Gosens picks up a second yellow - little soft but I think correct, and Roma up a man in the 70th minute. He probably won't do it, but this could be a good situation for Reynolds.

22. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could have been... but alas... even with a yellow... the coach sticks with Karsdorp. I distinctly recall that it took several games last season in the MLS for Reynolds to start playing well. It doesn't surprise me that he didn't come in and set the world on fire. The rest of the league is all in form while he is coming off a long break and the step up in competition is legit. Also... foreign country... new system/teammates. I expect good things in the future... but might like to see a loan to a mid-table team next season.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Those are a lot of assumptions to make based on such little information.

24. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Don't look now, but he might already be on a mid-table team. Just with a higher payroll.

25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the bench:

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.